Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

TWITTER
STEIN_LINE_HQ RT @chadfordinsider: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets working on 4-team deal. Ariza to NO. C. Lee to HOU. Collison/Posey to IND. Murphy to NJ.

So says Mark Stein.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

wait, so indy gives up murphy for collison and posey? Wow, thats a good upgrade there for them. I gotta think there are some missing pieces to this trade.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
wait, so indy gives up murphy for collison and posey? Wow, thats a good upgrade there for them. I gotta think there are some missing pieces to this trade.
It sounds like it. I fail to see what the Nets are doing. Murphy for Lee? When they already have bigs who need to play?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Not happening.

Since when did people begin believing everything they read on the internet?

oh yeah, ever since al gore created the internet.lol
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
HannibalKid
I airball my layups

HannibalKid has decent reputation

Bet ariza wishes he resigned with LA, gonna be bounced to "no fans" land in new Orleans
HannibalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Skep
Jazz State of Mind

Skep has an OK reputation so far

Only team that gets better with this trade is Indy.
Skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

a clear sign where hornets organization is trying to make moves to keep chris paul in NO.

advantage pacers in this trade.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

New Orleans can do better for Collison.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It sounds like it. I fail to see what the Nets are doing. Murphy for Lee? When they already have bigs who need to play?

Troy's Morristown's finest? I don't know. I just think they find Favors not ready for a starting role at the moment and we do need a rebounder. I'm not a big fan of this, but I'm also not a big fan of Courtney Lee. It seems as if Avery wants Terrence at the 2 position anyway.

EDIT: Troy's an expiring contract. Maybe they're clearing cap again?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Murphy is not worth Collison.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

The Nets don't have a seasoned vet among their bigs though, and I think asking Favors to play more than about 25-30 mins a night is too much for him right off the bat. Bringing Murph in there helps ensure that he's not thrown out to the wolves too soon. I really like this deal for the Nets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
EDIT: Troy's an expiring contract. Maybe they're clearing cap again?

Yep thats also an important thing to remember. As things stand the Nets should be able to add a max guy next season, and now they have a line-up that should be competitive and could win 25-30 wins under Coach Avery Johnson.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
The Nets don't have a seasoned vet among their bigs though, and I think asking Favors to play more than about 25-30 mins a night is too much for him right off the bat. Bringing Murph in there helps ensure that he's not thrown out to the wolves too soon. I really like this deal for the Nets.
That's funny if the Rockets get rid of Ariza so fast after signing him, seeing as they thought they were robbing the Lakers at the time.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

This trade is good for everyone but Houston. Why give up Ariza for Lee?
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
They must be getting a pick/cash/salary relief over the long term or it's not worth it.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984

This is pretty much what I thought. I like it a lot for Indy though. I have wished for them to pursuit Darren Collison for some time now.

Al though I believe it when it happens. Collison would be great for the Pacers.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: