Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #151
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Are we witnessing a future "all-time great" in Aaron Rodgers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
@+1, here is a fun fact. Aaron Rodgers is better than any Bears QB you can name in that franchises history. Something to chew on.

What's their to chew on? I just dislike him cuz he's a Packer.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #152
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I'd be suprised if he can surpass Brees in the next 2-3 years with that title..."THE best"

Brees is 31...Rodgers is 26

Rodgers will have a time slot when he could be that...I doubt it will be anytime soon though...

even if the Pack win a ring this year, it will be difficult for me to put him over Brees, unless he just completely blows Brees out of the water stat wise...

oh primetime...
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #153
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
I definitely think he could be one of the great all time QB's. I think he's about to put together an all time type season. If I'm starting a franchise and I can have any player in the league I'd take him. I rate him as the best player in football.

I don't even think that's a very bold statement. The way he played last year was nearly flawless and he looks even better.
this was pretty obvious ^
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #154
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

If cobb and jennings dont drop those easy balls Rodgers would have 20 touchdowns and just 1 interception
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #155
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dis da best QB i gotta say

sucks hes in my division for next 8-10 yrs playing like an elite beast

Cmon Ndamukong do something crazy.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #156
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's a solid QB.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #157
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty

oh primetime...

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #158
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

If the GB coaching staff would give Jordy Nelson more than 2 targets a game then Rodgers could really put up some numbers....instead we are witness to Randall Cobb, a rookie, playing instead and dropping a sure TD against the Vikings....good job coaches.....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #159
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jordy Nelson targetted 4 times vs Minnesota. Cobb 2.
Jordy Nelson targetted 35 times this yr. Cobb 13
Jordy Nelson avg 5 targets per game. Cobb under 2.
Jordy Nelson 2nd among WRs on GB in targets behind Greg Jennings. Cobb ranks 5th.

Poor Jordy Nelson, only gets 2 targets a game.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #160
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
If the GB coaching staff would give Jordy Nelson more than 2 targets a game then Rodgers could really put up some numbers....instead we are witness to Randall Cobb, a rookie, playing instead and dropping a sure TD against the Vikings....good job coaches.....
You do realize there is only one ball right?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #161
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds

Yeah, they should fire Mike McCarthy.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #162
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

I have to say I was a bit skeptical about Rodgers, but I can't deny it anymore guy is a borderline best QB in the league.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #163
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Prime Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Favre
Eric Cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #164
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

What an idiot Gruden was. Of course, this is all in hindsight. And if Tampa did draft him, Gruden probably would've ruined his career. Still an interesting read though.

Quote:
Rodgers was told by Bucs he would be the 5th overall pick days before the 2005 draft

This is the story of how the Bucs let Super Bowl-winning quarterback Aaron Rodgers get away.

It's a loser's lament that is shared by many teams, for sure, as the California star lasted until the Packers selected him 24th overall in the 2005 NFL draft.

But considering the cross-country private workout arranged by then Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden, the surprise receiver sprung on the 21-year-old Rodgers and the phone call a few days before the NFL draft, well, at least Rodgers was convinced he would be a Buccaneer.

ďJon actually called me, when I was in New York, on Thursday, April 21st, and sounded like at the time they were going to take me with the 5th pick,'' Rodgers said Wednesday.

The Bucs had three quarterbacks on their roster prior to the 2005 draft -- Brian Griese, Chris Simms and Luke McCown. Veteran Tim Rattay was added before the trading deadline from the 49ers.

With Utah's Alex Smith and Cal's Rodgers considered the top two quarterbacks in the draft, Gruden, quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett and general manager Bruce Allen traveled to Berkeley in the spring of 2005. Jerry Rice, the league's all-time career receiving leader, had played for Gruden and Allen with the Oakland Raiders and lived in the Bay Area.

They arranged a meeting and private workout with Rodgers, and after watching film, told him the the guy he would be throwing footballs to would be a surprise.

"Back in 2005, I think it was maybe April or late March, Jon came out with Paul Hackett and said he had a surprise for me after we kind of watched some film and talked some ball,'' Rodgers said. "One of my childhood, favorite players, being a huge 49ers fan growing up, Jerry Rice comes walking down the steps and I get to throw passes to him.

ďThink about a 21-year-old kid throwing to one of your idols, how nervous you think you would be, I was that and then some. I overthrew him a couple times, but it was exciting to be able to throw to him and to work with Jon and Paul, great coaches, who had been around the game a long time.''

The rest, as they say, is history. Two days after telephoning Rodgers, the Bucs used the No. 5 overall pick to take Auburn running back Cadillac Williams, who became the NFL's Rookie of the Year before two knee injuries sabotaged his career. (Smith went No. 1 overall to the 49ers). Rodgers was selected by the Packers, sat four years behind Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, won a Super Bowl last season and has his team off to a 9-0 start heading into Sunday's game against the Bucs at Lambeau Field.

"I donít fault them for taking Cadillac, he had an incredible college career and a great rookie season,'' Rodgers said. "He was slowed down by some injuries. But I donít blame them at all or donít hold any animosity toward Jon and Bruce or the organization. Everything kind of happens for a reason. Looking back on when they came out and visited me in Berkeley, that was one of my top moments in my sports career, being able to throw to Jerry Rice.''

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...ays-2005-draft

Then again, I'm sure all of the other GMs and head coaches who had the first 23 picks would say the same thing now, too.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #165
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
What an idiot Gruden was. Of course, this is all in hindsight. And if Tampa did draft him, Gruden probably would've ruined his career. Still an interesting read though.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...ays-2005-draft

Then again, I'm sure all of the other GMs and head coaches who had the first 23 picks would say the same thing now, too.

Gruden did seem pretty bitter during that monday night game. Anytime Rodgers did something good he would say something like "but lets give some credit to the coaching staff for that"
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: