Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #46
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Are we witnessing a future "all-time great" in Aaron Rodgers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
yes I am serious and I am not the only one that feels that way, Rodgers has that rep...

I have heard GB fans on another site even talk about their dislike of his attitude...

I didn't say I like Brady but I do think he is better...are you saying the same?...that Rodgers can't do what Brady does week in and week out?

I meant Brady's shit-talking and complaining to officials.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #47
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So you don't like him because he's arrogant? Is that all?

And you're a Deion fan?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #48
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
So you don't like him because he's arrogant? Is that all?
yes I don't like him as a person...

same with Big Ben...and Vick...

Brady comes off arrogant too though for sure...I don't really care for him as a person either, I don't root for him to win or anything...

Brees comes of genuine...good hearted

and yes, so does Romo...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #49
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Deion's arrogance was fun...he didn't literally think he was a better human being or something...Deion smiles and laughs with it...

same with people like Ocho and Ali and all that...that is a different kind of arrogance...

Rodgers doesn't smile...he looks like he LITERALY thinks he is God...lol...he is smug about it
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #50
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I don't see anything wrong with guys who are arrogant and back it up. To me that's not really arrogance, just shit talking.

I guess we just agree to disagree on that bit. No big deal.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #51
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Deion's arrogance was fun...he didn't literally think he was a better human being or something...Deion smiles and laughs with it...

same with people like Ocho and Ali and all that...that is a different kind of arrogance...

Rodgers doesn't smile...he looks like he LITERALY thinks he is God...lol...he is smug about it
I don't mean to sound like an asshole here, i am just curious of which Aaron Rodgers you watch because you see the total opposite of what most people see.

The ironic part if that they were actually talking about how he always has a smile on his face today during the game so you must catch him at the wrong time.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #52
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never sensed that arrogance from him nor heard anyone speak of it besides -pt- actually.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #53
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I've never sensed that arrogance from him nor heard anyone speak of it besides -pt- actually.

He's making up crap because everyone here, on the other msgboard and wherever he travels for football news is praising A.Rodgers. Making his skin crawl much like the Vick love did. Along with Hester. He's becoming the grinch of football it seems.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #54
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:

Really? Rodgers seems like a nice guy to me always smiling and shit.. real mild mannered.

And ali was not a 'fun arrogance' like you described. He was a huge douchebag.

Deion and ocho are just comedians with their trash talk.. like gary payton.

Romo reminds me of Paul Judd lol.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #55
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

wtf?

am I not allowed to think the guy is a douche?

why is that my posts get disseceted by you guys like you are all a group of f*ckin surgeons?

I posted a f*cking link to others saying the same...read it!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #56
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Really? Rodgers seems like a nice guy to me always smiling and shit.. real mild mannered.

And ali was not a 'fun arrogance' like you described. He was a huge douchebag.

Deion and ocho are just comedians with their trash talk.. like gary payton.

Romo reminds me of Paul Judd lol.
how is that?...he was comedic like Deion, true, but he was still fun about it..
Old 12-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #57
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Rodgers
"I don't feel I need to sell myself to the fans ... They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-91572

there is a decent little blurb about it...

jazz, I am suprised you can't at least relate to this a little, get on a packer web site and ask, yes they think he is Jesus but they will also admitt to him being arrogant...almost to the point that he comes off like a prick

maybe he has grown out of that...Rivers is was like that too..(and a lot of people hated Rivers as a person)

I'll look for more sense you guys have never heard of this...
Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #58
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl-91572

there is a decent little blurb about it...

jazz, I am suprised you can't at least relate to this a little, get on a packer web site and ask, yes they think he is Jesus but they will also admitt to him being arrogant...almost to the point that he comes off like a prick

maybe he has grown out of that...Rivers is was like that too..(and a lot of people hated Rivers as a person)

I'll look for more sense you guys have never heard of this...

Please don't. I'm hopeful nobody really gives two sh!ts about whether or not Rodgers comes off a little arrogant or not - it's not the point.

The point is he's a great player playing every bit as good as we've expected, and is on track to becoming "the man" in the NFL. The torch will be passed from Manning/Brady to this guy and Brees....deal with it.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #59
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
I’ll Say It Again, Aaron Rodgers Needs to Shut Up
by Cherie

Let me say, I really like Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers. But… the dude needs to just play and quit talking. When he talks he comes off cocky (and not in a good way) and whiny. The latest is that he brilliantly talked to ESPN radio and complained about Tony Kornheiser (who is announcing for ESPN) saying he was “stupid, dumb, and terrible.” He ranted about Kornheiser, saying he asked stupid questions and was unprepared.
http://www.footballticketsonline.org...ed-to-shut-up/

Quote:
He showed up on a Thursday night after Brett Favre went down with a mysterious injury during a pummeling at the hands of the Dallas Cowboys. Luckily it was on NFL Network, so no one really saw it. In fact, I had to go to a local bar and watch.

What fans saw that night was not the cocky California boy who didn't take kindly to a back-up role. No, what we saw was the transformation of a young player ready to take the next step.

Of course, Favre came back the next game, and Rodgers resumed his clipboard holding. But life had taken an inescapable detour for Aaron Rodgers. He had proven he was ready to take over for the only quarterback a generation of Packer fans had ever known.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hosts-of-favre

http://www.sportsrefuge.com/forums/i...pic=55401&st=0
Does Aaron Rodgers seem a little douchey to you?

^^^ that thread is kind of funny...lol
Old 12-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #60
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Please don't. I'm hopeful nobody really gives two sh!ts about whether or not Rodgers comes off a little arrogant or not - it's not the point.

The point is he's a great player playing every bit as good as we've expected, and is on track to becoming "the man" in the NFL. The torch will be passed from Manning/Brady to this guy and Brees....deal with it.
I agree 100%

I just made a comment on how I don't like the guy "as a person" and it set off people...

I did ask YOU to explain how you could have him over Vick and Brady in the "talent" area (since they are yor MVPs)...as well as Brees and Rivers...if you want to talk about Rodgers the player...not the person
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: