Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Should Suh be suspended?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVfN-sXGryI

Quote:
League spokesman Gregg Aiello said in an e-mail the play was being reviewed.

"I was just going after the ball, and I had no clue that he had gotten rid of it," Suh said. "I don't know what to expect from the league. I've gotten personal fouls before, but that was in college, and they can't fine you there."

Browns backup quarterback Seneca Wallace called for Suh to be suspended, but one of Suh's veteran teammates thought that was an overreaction.

"It definitely is," Kyle Vanden Bosch said. "I asked him what happened, and he said he thought Delhomme still had the ball. We're going after the quarterback and trying to make a play, and sometimes you make a mistake, but he wasn't trying to hurt anyone."

Mangini does not believe there was any intent on the part of Suh, the former Nebraska standout, to injure Delhomme. Mangini was impressed with Suh during Cleveland's predraft evaluations.

"When I met the kid, he was a good kid," Mangini said. "I don't think he's a malicious guy, from what I know about him. It was just a poor decision."

Mangini would not say if he felt Suh should have been ejected.

"It put the quarterback at risk, but I'm not the official," Mangini said. "You don't want to see that at any point, but my experience with him in the draft process is that he's a good kid and it was just not a great decision."

Delhomme, too, said he would leave any discipline up to others.

"I'll let the league office handle that," Delhomme said with a smile. "We got a first down out of it and that made me happy."
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Should Suh be suspended?

What exactly happened?

Edit: Didnt see link
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a joke to even consider a suspension for that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

the guy in the video. Not much to cheer about in Detroit apparently. Anyway a personal foul was worth throwing but a suspension? Come on. This is the NFL. Everything is a penalty or considered too much now days.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

original link doesnt work anymore heres on that does right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4c6JUSxSUE

first thing that came to mind was Steven Seagal comin up behind a guy and twistin his neck then the guy dies, that deserves suspension imo one game since first itme offense

if he ever did that to favre he'd see one for sure, or brady etc.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
It's a joke to even consider a suspension for that.
Well... Let's be completely honest... If that had been Manning or Brees and not Delhomme, there would almost certainly be a suspension.

I thought that the play was dirty, but I don't really have a problem with dirty football. As long as the game is called consistently, I have absolutely no problem with it. I just have a sneaking suspicion that, had it been even a TJ Ward hit on Matthew Stafford, it would probably be a suspension.

Because no one really cares about Delhomme or the Browns and people seem to think Suh is a good guy, there isn't much of an issue.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It doesn't matter who the QB was, it shouldn't result in a suspension. Certainly a flag was warranted, but you can't suspend someone for that. I guess someone with a bad rep might get a game for that, but otherwise play on. What was dirty about it? Sometimes you reach out and grab and you end up with the facemask. He let go of that, but not wanting to let the QB go he jumped on him and then swung him to the ground. A bit excessive, but this isn't tennis or soccer. Watching it again, he went high because he thought Delhomme was going to throw so he ended up with the facemask.

A penalty wasn't even thrown on that...

Last edited by Jackass18 : 08-31-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527578

The NFL has fined Detroit Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh $7,500 for slamming down Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme last week during a preseason game.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Browns entire O-line should be suspended for not handling Suh on the field after what he did. A fine should be it as Suh isn't known as a dirty player.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
The Browns entire O-line should be suspended for not handling Suh on the field after what he did. A fine should be it as Suh isn't known as a dirty player.

No kidding. If I am on the Browns o-line I am not going to stand around while a rookie d lineman is face slamming my QB into the turf.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Did they show the confrontation after the play? I didn't watch the clip, but saw the play during the course of the game. The entire Browns' offense stood up for Delhomme.

Also, what Joe Thomas and Alex Mack did to Suh for the majority of the game was punishment enough. In fact, that may have been why Suh was so testy. He was stymied time and again.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
lakerHater
Local High School Star

lakerHater has decent reputationlakerHater has decent reputation

Anyone have a GIF of this?
lakerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe Suh on this one. Clearly a facemask at the most, but watch the replay, how could Suh have known he got rid of the ball? Delhomme was already wrapped up and Suh wasn't looking. Delhomme got rid of the ball under Suh's arm.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: