Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here
Default Aqib Talib Suspended 1 game

Quote:
The NFL is suspending bucs cb Aqib Talib for one game for punching a cab driver last year, violation of nfl personal conduct policy

Lame, this happened over a year ago. Why couldn't you suspend him last year?

I wait anxiously for Vince Young and Cedric Benson's suspension if this is the set precedent. I won't hold my breath though...
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Aqib Talib Suspended 1 game

This is ****ing bullshit! **** Goodell.

So let me get this straight....Donte Stallworth KILLS a person and doesnt serve ANY type of suspension after his jail time.

Vince Young physically jumps on someone and attacks them (WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE) b/c someone gave him the "horns down" sign and he gets NO PUNISHMENT?

Ben Roethlisberger goes through his SECOND RAPE ordeal, yet Goodell will lighten his penalty this Friday.

And then the whole Cedric Benson, who's going through his THIRD off the field incident....yet no suspension.

Aqib Talib punches a cab driver ONCE (who deserved it b/c reportedly he made an obscene gesture or racial slur) and tries not to pay for the ride b/c the cabby was an ass, and this happens at the START of LAST YEAR, and he's just now going to be suspended THIS season?!

WHAT THE FVCK!?!?! **** YOU GOODELL! I used to be a supporter of his, but seriously. You gotta be consistent. If you're not gonna suspend Benson, Young, Stallworth and if you're gonna take it easy on Big Ben, there's no ****ing way you should suspend Talib for hitting a racist cab driver once over a year and a half ago.

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I don't agree with his suspensions usually. He's bad for that.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ben would only get reduced to 4 games for a charge that was dropped. It's not like he's getting off easy.

Anyway, this is a BS suspension.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who gives a **** the Bucs suck regardless. :)
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

I give a fcuk.

Bah, you got me. Damn white text lol.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

:) i know it was a while ago, but it still hurts ya doesn't it ;)
Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 AM   #8
Mex-Laker
I hit open 5-footers

Mex-Laker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

I remember that play like it was yesterday...
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker

I remember that play like it was yesterday...

EVERY Bucs fan should remember that play like yesterday. I'm pretty sure I was running around the living room, half crying tears of joy and half screaming my head off as Ronde was running it back down the field

Ahhh, the good ole days. I have a feeling we'll get back to those days soon. Our defense won't be as dominant, but our offense will be much better than the Dungy/Gruden eras. It'll just take another solid draft & as long as the majority of our young players play up to their potential, I feel confident we'll be a perennial playoff contender again.

And I'm not worried about Aqib Talib. Word out of OBP is that he's learned from this incident and he's started to be more of a leader than anyone expected. Hopefully this is his last incident. And same with Tanard. Hopefully he learned from his suspension last year. Those two are perhaps our two most important defensive players. And two of the more underrated defensive players in the NFL. If they played for Dallas or NY or Indy or NE, they'd be Pro Bowlers & talked about constantly.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It shouldn't be that big of a deal because its only one game and that one game is against the Cleveland Browns.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

First you say its a BS suspension then you say it's not a big deal? Make your mind up

This is TOTAL bull. I know its only one game. But its our best defensive player. And this incident happened well over a year and a half ago and was taken care of legally over a year ago. It just doesnt make sense. If VY, Benson and Stallworth were punished for their mishaps too, then I'd understand. But you can't have this kind of inconsistency.

Out of what all things those 4 players did, Aqib Talib's was the lesser evil of all the incidents.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
First you say its a BS suspension then you say it's not a big deal? Make your mind up

This is TOTAL bull. I know its only one game. But its our best defensive player. And this incident happened well over a year and a half ago and was taken care of legally over a year ago. It just doesnt make sense. If VY, Benson and Stallworth were punished for their mishaps too, then I'd understand. But you can't have this kind of inconsistency.

Out of what all things those 4 players did, Aqib Talib's was the lesser evil of all the incidents.

I had to look up who they played to see how it would effect the team. I think its a dumb suspension but its not as big a deal because the Browns don't have a big time reciever that the Bucs would absolutely need Talib to cover.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I had to look up who they played to see how it would effect the team. I think its a dumb suspension but its not as big a deal because the Browns don't have a big time reciever that the Bucs would absolutely need Talib to cover.

I understand that. But he's still our best defensive player. It's always hard to win a game in the NFL vs anyone....but it makes it even harder to win a game in the NFL without your best player. And lets be honest, its hard enough currently for the Bucs to get a win at all. Cleveland was one of the few games I felt good about coming into this season. I was looking forward to saying "We're undefeated" now that's gonna be harder lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: