Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #16
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Greatest Work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
you slept at QB to get stacked everywhere else...

Cutler suprises people at you should be set...

at least you would think...

No, it just never was the right time to take an available QB until it got down to Cutler. I was going to take Romo at #45, but the guy right before me took him. Cutler is the only one I don't feel good about, but he still was the 10th highest scoring QB last year.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 AM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that is the most stacked team ever RBA...Foster at flex and harrison on your bench...

infact I would assume that is a 10 man league
Nope... It is a 12-man league... And the winner gets $800!

It is such an absurd team, I feel obliged to provide a screenshot. It almost sounds too good to be true...

I'm thinking I might be able to win the league without making one roster move (waivers or trades) all season.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 AM   #18
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what software or setup is that RBA?

never seen that, only played on Yahoo and ESPN
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I think it would be interesting if people who are really high on their teams posted how they ended up at the end of the season.

My team in my pay league:

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Beanie Wells
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Jason Witten
D/ST: Steelers
K: Robbie Gould

Joseph Addai
Montario Hardesty
Tim Hightower
Robert Meachem
Johnny Knox
Mohamed Massaquoi
Alex Smith

There was a bunch of times where somebody took the guy I wanted right before me. I'm not overly happy with it, but I should be alright.
Very nice team. If I were your adviser, I would have had you pick up Roethlisberger as your backup. He is going to beast when he comes back this year... Trust me. And he would have been a nice compliment to the erratic Cutler (eventually taking his spot, imo) and you almost certainly could have nabbed him late. I'm still not sold on Smith.

But, you are stacked elsewhere. I would probably start Addai over Wells, at least to start the season. But, those guys are pretty close.

Having Austin as a No. 2 receiver yet still grabbing Ray Rice, somehow? What pick did you have? Is this a 12 person league? Is it PPR?

That almost rivals my team.... Almost. ;)

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-01-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
what software or setup is that RBA?

never seen that, only played on Yahoo and ESPN
It is www.myfantasyfootball.com.

I actually quite enjoy it. I recommended it for our pay league, in fact, but got overruled because it costs money to run.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #21
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It is www.myfantasyfootball.com.

I actually quite enjoy it. I recommended it for our pay league, in fact, but got overruled because it costs money to run.
does it force you to take a backup everywhere or something?

you have 2 kickers...2 defenses...ect...

how does that work?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
does it force you to take a backup everywhere or something?

you have 2 kickers...2 defenses...ect...

how does that work?
It doesn't force you, but we have to abide by the league's roster restrictions. We have serious limits on RBs and WRs and we have to take three TEs, two Ks and two DEFs.

It has nothing to do with the site. Those were the rules voted on by league members. I think three TEs is the worst rule in FF history, btw. It would be one thing if we could use them at the flex, but we can't... There will always be two TEs on every teams' bench every week of the season, meaning that there will literally not be one viable TE on the waiver wire.

Terrible rule. I don't mind getting the two Ks and two DEFs taken care of... For bye weeks.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #23
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
okay, that might be true, I couldn't tell...

I finished 3rd while missing the draft and having to cut all defensive players and replacing them all.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

oh wow, the one I posted was real early...only like 1200 points...didn't know we were scoring that high, but we did have 6 IDPs on each team...

Knickballer won only having made 4 moves...

I guess everyone he drafted worked out...or he just got really lucky
Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #25
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Knickballer had to have just gotten lucky in that league...

we had 6 IDPs and not nearly enough bench room to cover all their bye weeks with just 4 moves...

he was playing with alot of empty roster spots all year, he had to have...

that is the kinda of lucky shit I hate in FF...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #26
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Very nice team. If I were your adviser, I would have had you pick up Roethlisberger as your backup. He is going to beast when he comes back this year... Trust me. And he would have been a nice compliment to the erratic Cutler (eventually taking his spot, imo) and you almost certainly could have nabbed him late. I'm still not sold on Smith.

Roethlisberger went in the 8th. I got Smith in the 12th.

Quote:
But, you are stacked elsewhere. I would probably start Addai over Wells, at least to start the season. But, those guys are pretty close.

Yeah, I'll probably end up starting Addai over Wells. I had him last year and he did pretty well for me. People seem to sleep on him for some reason.

Quote:
Having Austin as a No. 2 receiver yet still grabbing Ray Rice, somehow? What pick did you have? Is this a 12 person league? Is it PPR?

I had the 4th pick, 12 person league and no PPR. My QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs and TE were all top 10 at their positions last season. If all holds up and Cutler doesn't get too erratic, then I should at least make the playoffs.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know I made the playoffs in that league. I think I got the #4 spot with only 4 teams making it but got booted in the first round. Yeah I was pretty much pissed the whole season.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #28
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ha, I forgot I lost that points league by under 4 points after a terrible showing in the last week. Notice all the moves, pretty sure I was basically streaming IDP's.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #29
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Quote:
the 2 WR slots does make it a bit misleading, although it is still a ridiculous team...

you would have Dez at WR #3 I guess...

wow at you being huge on Dez this year...did you watch alot of OSU two years ago?...serioulsy, I would really like to know where your optimism of Dez Bryant is coming from???
Bryant is just great value. He is a WR3 with high upside. I have my as my WR4 in this league. He's going to score 6-8 touchdowns this year in that offense and be the third option in the passing game. He'll steal a lot of targets from Witten and Austin. He's the real deal.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Bryant is just great value. He is a WR3 with high upside. I have my as my WR4 in this league. He's going to score 6-8 touchdowns this year in that offense and be the third option in the passing game. He'll steal a lot of targets from Witten and Austin. He's the real deal.
yeah, i get that you think he is the real deal, and for the record I think he is a freak athlete too.

In terms of of being a physical freak, you know who is top 5 (maybe top 3) in the NFL?...ROY E. WILLIAMS...he is bigger and faster than Fitz...

my point is, Dez could easily be another Roy...just because he is a freak athlete doesn't mean him and Romo are going to work...

why is it that you, having never seen Dez play with Romo (because of a high ankle sprain) are so certain that not only he will be the real deal, but he will be one as a rookie?

I really value your opinions as a fantasy player, but this one in particular has me very confused...

rookie WRs almost NEVER put up huge numbers...infact other than Moss and Boldin, I don't know of any recent that have put up 8 TDs...did Harvin?...or Maclin?...or Crabtree?...or DHB?...or Nicks?...nope

DeSean Jackson had 2 TDs his rookie year...

yet you are sure that Dez, who has a high ankle sprain, has had VERY limited time with Romo, and didn't even play the game of football at all last year, will score 6-8 TDs as a rookie...

I hope to God you are right, but I don't see it...not this year anyway...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: