Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default sh*t done got serious. i bet $450 on texans against the cowboys.

my homeboy is one of the biggest cowboy fans in the world. so we're chillin eating wings at wings n more and the conversation comes up. he's so dedicated he starts talking loud " i"ll take any bets against the texans right now!". and no, he doesn't drink, he's not talking out his ass, he's for real
. but i'm drinking, though. ya know..

we chill, and then he tells me about this bet. i'm like ! that's my boy and i wouldn't feel right taking his money and i've never bet against him but this bet was made. note that i don't have big money and i don't bet big money so this is new to me.

come on, you know this doesn't come around alot so i said f*ck it. it's either gonna be my best bet or my biggest regret.

go texans!!!!
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: sh*t done got serious. i bet $450 on texans against the cowboys.

Go Texans! Aside from my Bucs, I always root for the Texans every week, as long as their result doesn't negatively affect the Bucs (which is rare).

You better hope if Houston goes 1-15 that that 1 is vs Dallas
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Go Texans! Aside from my Bucs, I always root for the Texans every week, as long as their result doesn't negatively affect the Bucs (which is rare).

You better hope if Houston goes 1-15 that that 1 is vs Dallas

it's so messed up that this is so true.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would think of $450 as kind of a big bet for somebody who never gambles.

is it straight up or against the spread?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wait for a spread, you might get points...the game is in Dallas, there is a good chance that the Texans will be unders...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
beasly15
TEXANS

the bet is straight up. i'm big Texans and he's big Cowboys, so it's more of a pride thing. we're just going for it.

and the game is here in houston.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

oh it is in Houston...

I have to admitt, after watching that preseason game I am scared we are gonna get stomped...

but Wade did say that he ordered the team and certain players to "play soft"...

they didn't game plan at all...

Barber was told not to run hard...

no blitzing at all other than the OLBs...and our OLBs are pretty much DEs...

But Foster looks like a beast and so does Amobi Okoye...that dude is gonna make a name for himself this year...

Texans got a mean D-Line with him and Mario...

and that slant to Andre is unstoppable, infact it is like prime Shaq, it is just cheating...no one can stop that move...Texans can do that all day long...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
beasly15
TEXANS

trust me, i don't think i'll take that bet at cowboy stadium. i have to use my advantages. i've never made a bet over 100 bucks. this is insane!! but, it's also fun. this game was gonna be exciting but now it's gonna drive me crazy!

i know it was just preseason so who knows how week 3 will go. me and my boy just want those bragging rights... and the money!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
trust me, i don't think i'll take that bet at cowboy stadium. i have to use my advantages. i've never made a bet over 100 bucks. this is insane!! but, it's also fun. this game was gonna be exciting but now it's gonna drive me crazy!

i know it was just preseason so who knows how week 3 will go. me and my boy just want those bragging rights... and the money!

What happens if an extremely important player gets hurt before the game? Ballsy to make it so far in advance...
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
beasly15
TEXANS

if schaub and johnson get hurt, i will have to pull the biggest b*tch move in life and ask for a cancellation on the bet.

we didn't even think about that. we got caught up in the moment. "cowboys going down!...no, texans going down!". who's thinking about injuries? lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: