Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Roster Cuts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
He was projected to play nickel ahead of Haden? Assuming Brown and Wright are the starters? Ravens have a deep secondary. Excited to see Ward play.

Weird that they cut a serviceable player on the last year of his rookie contract.Maybe it was a character thing?

Ravens should take a look.
I think the Browns are going to try to get Brown, Wright, and Haden on the field together as much as possible. If that means Brown eventually taking a safety role, so be it. But, yeah... It was thought the order of the corners went 1. Wright 2. Brown 3. Haden 4. McDonald.

That is over and done with, I guess. I love what I've seen out of Brown so far. He seems to have a lot left.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #32
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Browns Cut

WR Jake Allen
WR Syndric Steptoe
TE Joel Gamble
OL Casey Bender
OG Paul Fanaika
OL Joel Reinders
DL C.J. Mosley
CB Coye Francies
CB Brandon McDonald
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Steelers should take a look at McDonald.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #34
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I'm VERY happy with the Bucs' decisions. I wish there was a way we could've kept TE Ryan Purvis b/c he's a solid teammate who can do a number of different things. Hopefully he'll make the practice squad and no one else picks him up.

BUCS CUTS:
Michael Clayton
Derrick Ward
RB Carlos Brown
T Xavier Fulton
DT Dre Moore
DE George Johnson
LB Rico McCoy
QB Jevan Snead
CB Trae Williams
and a few others

ALL of the Bucs' 9 draft picks made the roster, even the three 7th round selections; Cody Grimm, Dekoda Watson and Erik Lorig. That's pretty surprising.

We also are keeping 7 WRs: Arrelious Benn, Mike Williams, Sammie Stroughter, Maurice Stovall, Michael Spurlock & Preston Parker. I am VERY happy with that. Benn, Stroughter, Spurlock & Parker all are return beasts. Spurlock is famous for being the first Buccaneer ever to return a kick for a TD.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Washington Redskins announced today that they have released the following players:

Terrence Austin WR UCLA
Richard Bartel QB Tarleton State
Selvish Capers OL West Virginia
Tyrone Carter S Minnesota
Erik Cook OL New Mexico
Carey Davis FB Illinois
Curtis Gatewood LB Vanderbilt
Howard Green DL Louisiana State
Robert Henson** LB Texas Christian
Shay Hodge WR Mississippi
Rob Jackson LB Kansas State
Clint Oldenburg** OL Colorado State
Willie Parker RB North Carolina
Chad Rinehart OL Northern Iowa
Ramzee Robinson CB Alabama
William Robinson T San Diego State
Anderson Russell S Ohio State
Darrion Scott DE Ohio State
Ryan Torain RB Arizona State
Lee Vickers TE North Alabama
Bobby Wade WR Arizona

I'm surprised Banks made the team. He's tiny and he put the ball on the ground a couple times.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Notable Viking Cuts:
Logan Payne
Javon Walker
Garrett Mills
Drew Radovich
Ryan D'Imperio
Ian Johnson
Mike Montgomery
Rhys Lloyd
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
Wow, I haven't followed the Eagles very closely since I've been out West for the last few months.

Surprised at some of those cuts. I had heard Ingram was on his way out but I thought they'd hold onto Macho as their #5 corner because he can play some safety in a pinch.

Tapp would be a surprise to because when they acquired him he was filled in as a starter opposite of Cole although I have heard discouraging news about him as of late too.

He's done nothing at camp and preseason (Tapp).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #38
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Buccaneers release Pro Bowl kick return Clifton Smith today. I think it's a bad move by us. He was a Pro Bowler his rookie year and was leading the league in returns last year before suffering two concussions.

BUT, we do have Sammie Stroughter (who had a KO return for a TD last year), Michael Spurlock (who has a KR & PR for a TD in his career) and Arrelious Benn (great KR/PR in college) on roster. And Clifton Smith wasn't good at all as a RB. These days in the NFL, you have to be more than a one dimensional player.

BUT, Clifton Smith will be a valuable piece for another team looking for help in the return game.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #39
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seahawks released Julius Jones. Really liking how Justin Forsett is on my bench in the money league.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #40
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Seahawks released Julius Jones. Really liking how Justin Forsett is on my bench in the money league.
wow I JUST drafted Julius in Doom's defense league...he is deep on my bench...

that sucks...maybe he will find a home though...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #41
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
wow I JUST drafted Julius in Doom's defense league...he is deep on my bench...

that sucks...maybe he will find a home though...
He was going to be 3rd string in Seattle so if he finds a home he'll likely have the same job. But in that league where each team has like 200 players he might be worth something.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #42
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

I wouldn't hate it if the Bucs picked up Julius Jones as a situation back behind Caddy and Kareem Huggins.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: