Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation
Default ISH Keeper League

Thinking of starting up a little 20 dollar Keeper League.

12 teams preferably. We'd decide everything else. We could draft Wednesday September 8th.

We'd use leaguesafe.com for payments.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH Keeper League

I am in too many leagues this year now...

I wish I would have made the official league a keeper league though...

next year I want to try college FF as well...too late for that now too...

if you do get a league going and someone drops out next year I'll go ahead and enter my name for consideration to take his place...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
next year I want to try college FF as well...too late for that now too...

How crazy would it be to have U of Oregons Kenjon Barner on your fantasy team today - 151 yrds rushing, 65 yards rec'd and 5 TD's
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
How crazy would it be to have U of Oregons Kenjon Barner on your fantasy team today - 151 yrds rushing, 65 yards rec'd and 5 TD's
yeah that's nuts...

college FF has to be strange...just the matchups are soooo extreme...
Old 09-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

What's to prevent someone from drafting a bunch of vets to win just this year, and then cutting out the next year? Obviously that's still easier said than done, but seems like a risk.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've always wanted to do a keeper league, but I'm already in way too many leagues this year. Could we just give a keeper option in our current money league?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I've always wanted to do a keeper league, but I'm already in way too many leagues this year. Could we just give a keeper option in our current money league?
no I was thinking we could switch the Official League to a keeper but your entire draft would cahnge because of it...you would try to go for young guys...you wouldn't draft an old vet...or not early anyway...

next year I will try to change the Official League to a keeper...we can so who is active in that league and who will be around...

I want to give College FF a shot too...
Old 09-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #8
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

I'm guessing this league didn't happen? If there's enough interest next year, we can always try to start one up. I feel like there's a large enough group where we could generate interest enough to keep a league going and keep it fresh and active. Adding a $20 annual fee certainly wouldn't hurt either. The problem with the fee would be people dropping out the next year because of poor talent for keeper options.

We can hash this all out next year though
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I'm guessing this league didn't happen? If there's enough interest next year, we can always try to start one up. I feel like there's a large enough group where we could generate interest enough to keep a league going and keep it fresh and active. Adding a $20 annual fee certainly wouldn't hurt either. The problem with the fee would be people dropping out the next year because of poor talent for keeper options.

We can hash this all out next year though
yeah, I don't think money would work well in a keeper...people with busted teams would drop the next year...and then we wouldn't be able to find a replacement because no one would want to pay for a busted team...

I still suggest that if the -Official- league works out that we just turn that into a keeper next year...
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
no I was thinking we could switch the Official League to a keeper but your entire draft would cahnge because of it...you would try to go for young guys...you wouldn't draft an old vet...or not early anyway...

next year I will try to change the Official League to a keeper...we can so who is active in that league and who will be around...

I want to give College FF a shot too...

we converted our league to a keeper a few years ago. our rules were you could only have 2 keepers the first year, and they had to be picked after the 4th round. you can only keep them a max of 3 years. if they were a FA pickup or dropped/picked up and designated a keeper they would be that persons 9th round pick the next year. otherwise they would take up the pick they were originally picked at(5th round min) during the following years draft. then the 2nd year of keepers we got 1 more keeper to add.

keepers are a lot of fun but you have to make sure each team you guys let in are in it for the long haul, especially if its a money league. we had 1 team drop out of our league after keepers but that slot got filled pretty fast with a friend of someone elses team, and even tho his first year of keepers sucked when he took over, he probably has the best keepers this year(his 2nd year).

only problem is people go keeper crazy towards the end of the season.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: