Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default Re: NFL Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

texans will make the playoffs. and manning is going down week 1!!

1-15 against the colts. sad sad stuff.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
texans will make the playoffs. and manning is going down week 1!!

1-15 against the colts. sad sad stuff.

Texans were gonna make the playoffs for the last 3 years.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #18
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Texans were gonna make the playoffs for the last 3 years.

all you have to do is ask.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
all you have to do is ask.

They have been a sleeper team since 2007.

Can you believe Andre Johnson is in his eighth year? They better make the playoffs this year, or it will be a complete waste of a career.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Can you believe Andre Johnson is in his eighth year? They better make the playoffs this year, or it will be a complete waste of a career.
I remember two years ago (I think) there was a big interview with him in ESPN magazine and he said if they didn't make the playoffs that year he was gone. Then he signed that big ass extension.

Anyway, wouldn't surprise me to see Houston win just because of Super Mario. The Indy offensive line is just astoundingly bad, people don't realize it because Manning's so quick with his reads and release. I know people get sick of Manning getting so much credit but it's really true.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:

i wouldn't call his career a waste but i understand what you're saying. i think that's why i respect him so much, cause there aren't too many players that would sacrifice that much. andre could be a b*tch and ask to be traded to a contender and get a ring, but he actually stuck it out with "the texans". come on. when he got his extension you could hear it in his voice that he was really grateful about it. i like him more for being a good dude on top of being cold as f*ck.

but i'm pretty sure everybody in the league knows that.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #22
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I'm missing week 1 because I work 12-9 and week 2 because my dad's wedding.

And yeah it's the same with me with DVR and friends texting.

I feel your pain.

Last season was the first season I have ever been able to watch all 16 Bengals games.

The prior 2 years, I was living in PA, and watched them whenever they happened to be shown, and years before, I always....ALWAYS worked on Sundays. Entire seasons were just a rumor to me
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I feel your pain.

Last season was the first season I have ever been able to watch all 16 Bengals games.

The prior 2 years, I was living in PA, and watched them whenever they happened to be shown, and years before, I always....ALWAYS worked on Sundays. Entire seasons were just a rumor to me
Yeah it's tough. And of course my dad HAS to get married on a Sunday. Figures he's a Cowboys fan.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lets goooooo
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll never join this many FF leagues again...

I have Peterson in one league and the guy I am playing in my work league has him going up against me...

this is going to be an issue for me the entire year...

I will never do this again, lesson learned...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just happy for football season to start. I have like 5 teams and I only have 1 player in tonights game in 1 league and that Reggie Bush. Hopefully he'll be pissed about the Heisman thing and rape the Vikings defense like he did the Cardinals in the playoffs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
BDiesel324
Banned

BDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Saints will get to win tonight baby.
BDiesel324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #28
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

I need Robert Meachem to go off for like 6/150/3 but I have the Vikings defense lol.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is football hard to pick up? I know most of the rules I think and have seen a few games over the years but this will probably be the first time I sit down and watch a complete game.

How much slower is it compared to basketball?.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #30
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Is football hard to pick up? I know most of the rules I think and have seen a few games over the years but this will probably be the first time I sit down and watch a complete game.

How much slower is it compared to basketball?.

I would say a little bit slower. I get annoyed with football a lot because of all of the commercial breaks. It grows quite tiresome after awhile. They did a study and found out there are 13 minutes of real action in one football game as well. It feels like a lot more but I can see where people are coming from when they criticize football.

If you have 2 good teams going at it though, it's usually very entertaining. Although it's hard to pick up what everyone's job on the field is, like gap control and what techniques and schemes are being played. So picking up the advanced aspects of it are hard but understanding the basics is pretty easy.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: