Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Law Abiding Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Foxx was out of his league in this one. His acting skills or lack thereof, were exposed
This was definitely one of his weaker performances. Totally surprised by that.

The ending was terrible and the movie could have been a classic.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Yea the ending really did ruin the movie.

And my favourite part was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXjNkwVyeE

Had me rolling in the theatre.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
First 95 minutes I was like

But in the last 15 minutes I was like

Seriously, I had this movie pegged into my top 10 by the 50-ish minute mark but the ending screwed everything up

It was a stupid movie and that guy from 300 that starred in this movie is a really bad actor.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #19
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

repped for derrick rose. i lol'd hard.

anyway, i thought the movie was great too, the ending wasn't that bad but i see where you're coming from. i also felt like the writers were just lazy.. "yeah, he's a mastermind so he can just do whatever he wants, but somehow jamie foxx ends up killing him off a dumb mistake" (that a "mastermind" probably wouldn't make).
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
caliballer
I hit open layups

caliballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Yea the ending really did ruin the movie.

And my favourite part was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXjNkwVyeE

Had me rolling in the theatre.

This scene was nice too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N50zY...eature=related

And it was a nice movie. The ending was average at best but I still enjoyed it.
caliballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #21
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

utterly terrible film, it wasnt even fun in a tongue in cheek sort of way since this trash took itself that seriously.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #22
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's simple, had he been portrayed as a good guy in the end, or had he gotten away with it, it would have ended the movie in a good fashion I think. But to think that all of a sudden he turned psycho-killer and at Jamie outsmarts him at the end is just not believable.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #23
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This was definitely one of his weaker performances. Totally surprised by that.

The ending was terrible and the movie could have been a classic.
Honestly, Jamie Foxx has never been that good of an actor to begin with. If it wasn't for "Ray" people wouldn't even have that high of expectations for anything he takes part in. He did exactly how I expected him to do. They picked the wrong actor for that role. As for the whole movie, I thought the same as a lot of other posters in here that it was excellent but that the ending kind of killed it.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Like most I thought the movie was good until about the 75% mark and then the plot really fell off.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #25
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Honestly, Jamie Foxx has never been that good of an actor to begin with. If it wasn't for "Ray" people wouldn't even have that high of expectations for anything he takes part in. He did exactly how I expected him to do. They picked the wrong actor for that role. As for the whole movie, I thought the same as a lot of other posters in here that it was excellent but that the ending kind of killed it.

What part of this movie was excellent? The performances are terrible and the script is non sense and makes no sense at all. It's not really plausible either... So what gives? What the attraction to the movie? It's so heavy handed that it's laughable.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 09-07-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #26
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
What part of this movie was excellent? The performances are terrible and the script is non sense and makes no sense at all. It's not really plausible either... So what gives? What the attraction to the movie?

that would all be ok if it didnt take itself so seriously and therefore couldnt even succeed as being fun, throw away garbage. this film was sickeningly insulting and a disgrace to cinema.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #27
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
that would all be ok if it didnt take itself so seriously and therefore couldnt even succeed as being fun, throw away garbage. this film was sickeningly insulting and a disgrace to cinema.

That might be going overboard. I just thought it was silly. Why would anyone put Gerald Butler in a movie? He is brutal. One of the worst "actors" right now.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #28
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
That might be going overboard. I just thought it was silly. Why would anyone put Gerald Butler in a movie? He is brutal. One of the worst "actors" right now.
Gerard Butler is a man's man, for anyone who likes action movies. He's had a couple of movies that stray from that such as The Ugly Truth and the movie he did with Jennifer Aniston (which both weren't horrible) but he's been a part of several hits over the last 4-5 years and I didn't really think there were dudes out there which thought otherwise.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #29
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

I agree with the OP. The ending was dumb because a genius wouldn't go out that way...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #30
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

I like Gerald Butler. 300 was sick and he was awesome and Gamer.

Law Abiding Citizen was cool, but the ending was a little lame. It was a very lazy ending. And this was one for those movies where things were built up to the point where the ending could really make or break a movie.

The movie would have been like twice as better if they had a good ending, but it was still alright. I'm not hating.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: