Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Drew Brees's Will of Fire

Drew Brees stood alone on the goal line, reflecting on everything that went wrong in practice. Then he took off, running the length of the New Orleans Saints' practice field several times over. It's his way of punishing himself for bad throws and poor execution during practice. At 31, Brees is at the top of his game -- and he wants to stay there. He routinely throws extra passes after practice to a handful receivers, and when Brees is the last player remaining on the field, helmet still on, he runs sprints that no one but himself has required of him. "I punish myself from time to time with conditioning or whatever," Brees said. "When you feel like you don't have something down ... you spend the extra time to get it done and make sure you feel comfortable and confident with it." Brees said he usually picks to picks a number that means something to determine how much "punishment" he should receive. "If I throw a pick, I might say for every pick I throw, I will run two extra gassers," he said. "Or, for every incompletion or bad decision, I am going to do this. If I ran a 2-minute drill that I am not happy with, I might go back through it again and visualize the defense I saw and run the through the routes that I wish I would have done or the throws I wish I would have made."
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: