Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #31
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Re: 9'10"

No you said you could dunk on a 10'...
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #32
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

Yep, i remember that !
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

First you say that it's 9'10 then you talk about it being 10'0 good job lol. Oh well..
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
5foot6
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

i said i could do a tip dunk on 10. like topping the ball in then getting rim. not a dunk
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #35
evilmonkey
Banned

What is your standing reach?

Was just wondering, you seem to have a ridicilous vertical if you can dunk or even barelly just touch a 10 foot rim at 56", so what is your standing reach???

Its very easy to measure, just stand next to a wall flatfooted and reach as high up as you can, mark it and then just measure.

Last edited by evilmonkey : 09-18-2010 at 05:58 PM.
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #36
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonkey
What is your standing reach?

Was just wondering, you seem to have a ridicilous vertical if you can dunk or even barelly just touch a 10 foot rim at 56", so what is your standing reach???

Its very easy to measure, just stand next to a wall flatfooted and reach as high up as you can, mark it and then just measure.

You don't want to know his answer, really.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #37
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5foot6
i said i could do a tip dunk on 10. like topping the ball in then getting rim. not a dunk

First of kid, you really do have some natural leaping ability off of one foot. At what age 14 15 years old. That's pretty impressive for how skinny you are and how you haven't even once trained your muscle. Your the type of has probably got a lot of your leap from just trying to dunk on adjustable rims all the time.

You look like you can even touch the rim, you really do even though most on here don't want to believe it, because you come off as a prick. That's where it ends though. Enough with you can dunk on 10 garbage, you need to be getting at least 9 inches over the rim to slam with ease. Your at 10'0, you need to be at 10'9. You still got a ways away to do it. It helps that your body is still growing so you don't have to make it up all through vertical, but as you grow a lot of time you will loose that vertical. It has happened to a few people I know. A tip dunk unless your absolutely likely you really need to have perfect timing to do it. I am confident if I gave you 15 tip dunk attempts you couldn't do it once cleanly.

All in all kid, you have some leaping ability. For you height the standing reach is probably at 6'9-7'1. So since you can touch a 10 goal. You probably do have a vertical jump anywhere between 32-37 inches. Which is very impressive.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
5foot6
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
First of kid, you really do have some natural leaping ability off of one foot. At what age 14 15 years old. That's pretty impressive for how skinny you are and how you haven't even once trained your muscle. Your the type of has probably got a lot of your leap from just trying to dunk on adjustable rims all the time.

You look like you can even touch the rim, you really do even though most on here don't want to believe it, because you come off as a prick. That's where it ends though. Enough with you can dunk on 10 garbage, you need to be getting at least 9 inches over the rim to slam with ease. Your at 10'0, you need to be at 10'9. You still got a ways away to do it. It helps that your body is still growing so you don't have to make it up all through vertical, but as you grow a lot of time you will loose that vertical. It has happened to a few people I know. A tip dunk unless your absolutely likely you really need to have perfect timing to do it. I am confident if I gave you 15 tip dunk attempts you couldn't do it once cleanly.

All in all kid, you have some leaping ability. For you height the standing reach is probably at 6'9-7'1. So since you can touch a 10 goal. You probably do have a vertical jump anywhere between 32-37 inches. Which is very impressive.

i have done like 2 or 3 tip dunks in my life and ive probly tried over 100 times. i also have good genetics(my dad could dunk at 5'8")
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: