Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #16
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Official Baltimore Ravens Thread

Ray Lewis is inhuman. I don't understand how he continues to play at this level. I was a linebacker for 4 years in high school. This is what, his 14th, 15th year in the NFL? Towards the end of his career, Lawrence Taylor grew tired of the contact. This guy seeks it out like cocaine. Still.

I've been a giants fan my whole life, but Ray Lewis has been one of my favorite players for, well, ever. Respect.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #17
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Ray Lewis is inhuman. I don't understand how he continues to play at this level. I was a linebacker for 4 years in high school. This is what, his 14th, 15th year in the NFL? Towards the end of his career, Lawrence Taylor grew tired of the contact. This guy seeks it out like cocaine. Still.

I've been a giants fan my whole life, but Ray Lewis has been one of my favorite players for, well, ever. Respect.

+1

Lewis already has the record for ILB/MLB Pro Bowl Selections (11) and will add to that easily. More importantly, he's tied with Joe Schmidt for most ILB/MLB All-Pro selections at 9; Schmidt was 8x 1st team, 1x 2nd; Lewis is 7x 1st Team, 2x 2nd Team.

If he has a year anything like he did last season, it's a lock.

It gets old reading the same articles every year wondering if he's "lost a step". Do they expect him to have the same lateral quickness he did in '99 or what? That's about the only thing I can tell, and it's made up for with preparation and positioning; I think he actually Hits Harder these days. So he's went from Super Human God to a mere, A+ All-Pro caliber linebacker, wooooh

Ray Lewis IS THE RAVENS and this is the most complete team they've ever assembled considering both sides of the ball. What a vindication of greatness it would be for Lewis to win another, deserving Super Bowl MVP a decade later.

Last edited by Bring-Your-Js : 09-15-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #18
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope someone lays Ray Lewis' overrated ass out.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #19
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I hope someone lays Ray Lewis' overrated ass out.

ray lewis OVERRATED?!?!?!?!!? AHAHAHAHH

stick to basketball basketball forum kid, a 15 year vet still performing like hes in his 20's out there withe most enthusiasm and insane leadership is overrated?

hahahahah

GTFO
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Jackass has never been accused of being smart, so I'd expect a post like that from him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
ray lewis OVERRATED?!?!?!?!!? AHAHAHAHH

stick to basketball basketball forum kid, a 15 year vet still performing like hes in his 20's out there withe most enthusiasm and insane leadership is overrated?

hahahahah

GTFO

There is actually that small group of people out there who still spew that garbage.

In his case, I'd imagine it has a lot to do with London Fletcher being vastly underrated in all truth. But Lewis is Lewis. Hard to overrate his intensity, leadership, longevity and accolades. In fact, it's rather impossible. You couldn't even really say he's received his accomplishments on name recognition either. All-Pro 1st Team is one BEAST of a selection to get and there have been several years he didn't get it despite great seasons and reputation.

He's due a gimme anyway. Somehow, his 1997 season wasn't deemed worthy for even 2nd Team.

All he did was wrap up 184 Tackles (156 SOLO), 4 sacks, an INT and FF.

Last edited by Bring-Your-Js : 09-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #22
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Jackass has never been accused of being smart

Uh, actually the opposite would be true. I know, I'm an idiot if I disagree with your precious opinion. Trust me, there's a lot of people that think he's overrated. Look at all the talent he's played with. Look how he's the only name brought up from their first game this season. Hell, maybe I am a bit biased, but damn, that was the most ignorant comment I've ever read on here. I guess I should expect that from you.

Quote:
so I'd expect a post like that from him.

What, me having an opinion? Grow up and get a clue. All I'm hearing is Ray Lewis. Other people make a big hit, but I don't hear about them. I hear about Ray Lewis, though. Ray Lewis made just 4 tackles in that game, but I keep hearing Ray Lewis. LaRon Landry just made 17 tackles in a game, but did I hear his name once? Nope, all I hear is Ray Lewis because he had one big hit.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #23
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Four tackles was the most anybody on that Ravens defense had. They were hardly on the field the entire game and New York was just dominated in T.O.P. They got maybe four or five 1st downs the entire game, Baltimore continued converting on 3rd down.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #24
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Uh, actually the opposite would be true. I know, I'm an idiot if I disagree with your precious opinion. Trust me, there's a lot of people that think he's overrated. Look at all the talent he's played with. Look how he's the only name brought up from their first game this season. Hell, maybe I am a bit biased, but damn, that was the most ignorant comment I've ever read on here. I guess I should expect that from you.

do you really think he's overrated or do you just hate on him as a sports fan of another team, and/or his connection to his friend that stabbed somebody a long time ago? thats where i see why most people hate on him, but few question his talent/legacy.

Ray is really old now, and he's still proving a lot of doubters wrong, including the Ravens. A few years ago they were thinking about letting him walk, but he proved he's worth every penny and then some. Lets skip past the hits/tackles he's made throughout his career which already puts him at all time great levels, but NOBODY since i've been following football brings out the attitude and passion for hitting and playing hard like Ray Lewis does. I've never seen a better defensive leader, maybe even sports leader period, than Ray Lewis and its infectious. He IS the Raven's attitude/swagger. He'd bring that to ANY team he played for, its in his personality. Ever watch a Raven pregame, and how much he gets everyone fired up?

he's actually the one that got Bolden to play there. In fact Ray recruited him last year. he IMO personifies leadership, and when you add what he's done on the field throughout his career, i find it hard to believe anyone can call him overrated. if you ever watched him his rookie/sophomore year, i've never seen a more dominating linebacker on every play since i've been watching NFL. its honestly the only time i'd really focus on any 1 defensive player while watching games.

even at his old age now he makes some of the biggest plays. that hit on Keller was a big play and definitely stood out. i believe he did the same with Sproles last year in the playoffs jumping the gap and completely wrecked him on a huge down.

Last edited by Poodle : 09-16-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

I don't understand the "look at the talent around him" argument. So what? That's the Baltimore Ravens. You'll notice he's the only constant from 1996 to present, everybody else has been interchangable and he's played at the highest level regardless. Defensive ranks have gone bust when he's been injured. And they do receive proper credit. Ed Reed is widely considered the best safety of his generation, Terrell Suggs has garnered plenty of praise for great performances and Baltimore is high on Ngata. Peter Boulware was inducted into the Ravens Ring of Honor.

How many other great LBs played with great talent? Quite a few.

Didn't Jack Lambert have the Steel Curtain doing work in front of him to let him clean up? With Jack Ham at outside LB alongside him?

Lawrence Taylor didn't play with Harry Carson and Carl Banks?

Mike Singletary didn't have Wilber Marshall and Otis Wilson? Hell, with Richard Dent and Dan Hampton on the line? :

All of these guys did just fine before or after any of that support, just like Lewis. He isn't any less legendary.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: