Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default So, is it safe to say that Philly has a quarterback controversy?

Even before Kolb was KOed Reid was giving Vick a ton of snaps, and after the concussion Vick was balling, albeit in a loss. Kolb was ineffective in his limited performance, but to be fair It was only 10 throws and Vick's spot duty may have prevented Kolb from getting into a rhythm. Reid is saying there is no controversy and that Kolb is the starter as soon as he's cleared to play by the doctors, but Vick is already campaigning to start again ("I feel like if I had been out there for four quarters, maybe we would've had a chance to win the game," Vick said). And lets not forget, Vick has made Pro Bowls while Kolb has proven nothing...

Regardless of what Reid says, I advise people stay tuned to this one.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So, is it safe to say that Philly has a quarterback controversy?

i was at the game and yes vick looked great, but he had alot of mistakes to. the eagles biggest problem is their o line. and vick knows how to scramble and get away from people coming at him. vick could have scored a td in the forth if he glanced right and ran it in. i like kolb and he is def gonna get the next start hes healthy. his only shot should just not be the first half of his first game at the helm.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If his past actions tell us anything, Reid will stay with Kolb until he absolutely must make a move
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i agree with the above.

reid is going to stick with kolb through thick and thin. he did the same with mcnabb, and he did all right thoughout his career.

there were a lot of throws vick was inaccurate, especially from 5 yards away. outside of that, he looked marvelous taking the snap, and getting out of trouble a la pre-jail time.

i don't know how reid is going to implement vick into the offense this year. we might see something similar to what the steelers ran when they had o'donnell and slash.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Vick is already campaigning to start again ("I feel like if I had been out there for four quarters, maybe we would've had a chance to win the game," Vick said

Vick proving to be the cancer that he was in Atlanta.....this will go on for the next two years with the "controversy" splitting up the locker room and the Eagles will go nowhere. Can't believe he gave that quote after Kolb goes down with a concussion....what a self-centered POS.....but we already knew that.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Vick is already campaigning to start again ("I feel like if I had been out there for four quarters, maybe we would've had a chance to win the game," Vick said

Vick proving to be the cancer that he was in Atlanta.....this will go on for the next two years with the "controversy" splitting up the locker room and the Eagles will go nowhere. Can't believe he gave that quote after Kolb goes down with a concussion....what a self-centered POS.....but we already knew that.

got a source for that?
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
If his past actions tell us anything, Reid will stay with Kolb until he absolutely must make a move
What if Kolb has to sit next week, and Vick leads them to a win? And the week after that? Reid's not going to ignore success, and unlike McNabb Kolb isn't established. Plus QBs don't normally get subbed in and out the way Kolb and Vick are and Kolb looked like he had no rhythm out there. He may need to get all the snaps to really do his thing, so if Reid keeps on tossing Vick out there to throw off the d (and he will, if this game is any indication) Reid could unintentionally be keeping Kolb from assuming the leadership of the team.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vick leads Philly to a win next week with Kolb out (if doctors were to not clear him). Kolb still would be the starting QB when he is healthy. The same thing happened with Mcnabb and Garcia. Garcia balled and people suggested you stay with him, the momentum and so forth. What happened? Mcnabb has never left Philly but Garcia did. And Mcnabb has never lost his starting job. Why? Reid is a guy who sticks with his guy. Mcnabb was his guy. Kolb is Reids guy. He scouted, drafted the kid and took him. He made the decision the time is now, he is our future to go with our young offensive core.

There is nothing Vick can do to change Reids mind who has known to be stubborn. Unless Kolb gets injured or plays like total crap for consecutive weeks. In other words extreme scenerios have to happen where Vick is our starter. I'd be shocked if Reid went with Vick as I feel he should have from the start. But this is the same Reid who still has issues with playcalling, clock management til this very day. 4th and 1 you call a QB draw out of the shotgun with Mccoy blocking.

Eagles have had the QB controversy in the past and it always ends with Reid going with his guy. Vick isnt his guy.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
i was at the game and yes vick looked great, but he had alot of mistakes to. the eagles biggest problem is their o line. and vick knows how to scramble and get away from people coming at him. vick could have scored a td in the forth if he glanced right and ran it in. i like kolb and he is def gonna get the next start hes healthy. his only shot should just not be the first half of his first game at the helm.

Mistakes like throwing behind or ahead? Thats cool with me because he hasnt played QB with consecutive snaps/series in how long? Gotta go back to Atlanta. And the play where he should have scrambled imo was more of him trying to show he can be a QB/not rely on his legs than going with his natural instinct. I think when he sees game film he'll recognize that situation isnt time to show people you can get the job done with your arm. For every mistake I can think of he countered them with good plays and brought this offense out of the grave today. This offense was dead, you was at the game. I bet you were dozing off. Vick comes in and you were wide awake cheering without spilling your beer!

Imagine if that stupid playcall on 4th & 1 didnt happen. Might be talkin about OT.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Mistakes like throwing behind or ahead? Thats cool with me because he hasnt played QB with consecutive snaps/series in how long? Gotta go back to Atlanta. And the play where he should have scrambled imo was more of him trying to show he can be a QB/not rely on his legs than going with his natural instinct. I think when he sees game film he'll recognize that situation isnt time to show people you can get the job done with your arm. For every mistake I can think of he countered them with good plays and brought this offense out of the grave today. This offense was dead, you was at the game. I bet you were dozing off. Vick comes in and you were wide awake cheering without spilling your beer!

Imagine if that stupid playcall on 4th & 1 didnt happen. Might be talkin about OT.
i totally was hahaha. but kolb still deserves another chance but on a short leash.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As a Giant fan, I hope Reid plays Kolb...
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
As a Giant fan, I hope Reid plays Kolb...

Oh no, totally Vick. I disagree 100%. Vick looked good but he's not nor has he ever been this consistent winner. The only thing that could hurt us is if Kolb became a franchise QB. Vick playing out the year as starter, making the Eagles so-so, and Kolb's future being crushed is what i want.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reid needs to stick with Kolb even if Vick is better right now...there is no future with Vick...no Super Bowl future anyway...

they have to create a franchise QB and Kolb "could" be it...not Vick...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #14
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

its stupid but every coach pretends to stay loyal in every situation like this, and usually they have to eat their words. it'll probably take at least 1-2 more games of Kolb doing poorly and Vick coming in beast'ing for Vick to take over. unless Kolb is hurt for next week i can't see Vick taking over after 1 game.

i'm not saying Vick is the better option btw, even tho he clearly was last yesterday, but people can play poorly one week and do well the next, so who knows. i'd give it another 1-2 games before determining anything. especially true with RB's in this league, but coaches can be retarded about that too where they (and media) will call someone washed up or playing poorly even tho they faced 3-4 great run defenses to start the season...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The QB controversy shit that the national media throws out there is so old.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: