Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL week 2 discussion and game thread

Sunday night - NY Giants at Indy Colts - Manning vs Manning. Should be a good game.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
People don't like defense?

That's beside the point. Fact is there was a lot of hype and buildup heading into this season: McNabb/Skins vs Cowboys, Saints/Vikes rematch, Jets, Kevin Kolb, T.O./Ochocinco, etc. A lot of people expected fireworks this past weekend and it turned out to be a dud. Foreplay without the payoff.

*NFC East is gonna be a dogfight this year. I don't see any team winning more than 10 games this season or losing more than 8

Last edited by Tarik One : 09-14-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't forget the Vikings/Saints Thursday game that was supposed to be a shootout.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #19
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Edit: for the edit

Last edited by Sarcastic : 09-14-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #20
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

I meant NFC East. Fixed
Old 09-15-2010, 03:07 AM   #21
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
That's beside the point. Fact is there was a lot of hype and buildup heading into this season: McNabb/Skins vs Cowboys, Saints/Vikes rematch, Jets, Kevin Kolb, T.O./Ochocinco, etc. A lot of people expected fireworks this past weekend and it turned out to be a dud. Foreplay without the payoff.

I liked the games I saw. Saints/Vikings was a struggle, but it was a close game, so I won't hate. Packers/Eagles turned into a game after it looked like a runaway. Pats/Bengals had plenty of scoring. I expected a low scoring game for the Skins/Cowboys game and the Skins won so I'm happy. Ravens/Jets stunk, but I expected a low scoring game. I liked the Chargers/Chiefs game. Nice energy at the stadium and a couple big plays.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #22
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Don't forget the Vikings/Saints Thursday game that was supposed to be a shootout.

was it really tho? a hobbled brett farve without one of their best receivers in simion rice?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 AM   #23
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
was it really tho? a hobbled brett farve without one of their best receivers in simion rice?
Simeon Rice is not a wide receiver. Man was a BEAST though.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #24
BDiesel324
Banned

BDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Revis will own and shut down Moss again. (Knock on Wood). Seriously, why is Moss talking shit right now? I don't get it, he always quits and never goes full-go anyways. Now he's thinking he can take on the best corner in the NFL?

A motivated Randy Moss is a mythical creature.
BDiesel324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #25
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

1 week avy bet. Who wants some? Bears will beat the Cowboys

The offensive line has holes. We can penetrate them. Expect Julius Peppers to be all over the quarterback next Sunday. Add that to the fact that despite Romo's quick release and great footwork, he holds on to the ball way too long. A lot of this is dependent on where Barron plays or not. Even if Colombo is in there, he won't be 100%.

Cowboys can't cover tight ends at all and haven't been able to since Parcells was coaching. Expect Olsen to have a big day.

The biggest hole on the Bears is obviously the OL, but that can be neutralized with a lot of screens and hook pattern as they did this past Sunday.

Coaching. Aside from Lovie's bonehead decision to go for it, they're a better coached team. I'd take Martz over that arrogant flake Garrett any day of the week.

Quote:
I don't get it, he always quits and never goes full-go anyways

We aren't in 2001

Last edited by Tarik One : 09-17-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #26
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiesel324
Revis will own and shut down Moss again. (Knock on Wood). Seriously, why is Moss talking shit right now? I don't get it, he always quits and never goes full-go anyways. Now he's thinking he can take on the best corner in the NFL?

A motivated Randy Moss is a mythical creature.
I am pretty sure it was Revis who was the one trash talking lol
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Sunday night - NY Giants at Indy Colts - Manning vs Manning. Should be a good game.

Anyone see the Colts starting out 0-2, with big bro Peyton losing to Eli?

The Colts defense looked so terrible last week and with the loss of Bob Sanders, I see Ahmad Bradshaw running all over the Colts and then Eli airing it out to put it away.

That aside, I see both the Titans and Texans winning this weekend, which would be the first time in I don't know how long that two teams had a better record in the AFC south through any part of first half of the season than the Colts.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
Anyone see the Colts starting out 0-2, with big bro Peyton losing to Eli?

The Colts defense looked so terrible last week and with the loss of Bob Sanders, I see Ahmad Bradshaw running all over the Colts and then Eli airing it out to put it away.

That aside, I see both the Titans and Texans winning this weekend, which would be the first time in I don't know how long that two teams had a better record in the AFC south through any part of first half of the season than the Colts.

I am still not comfortable with the Giants pass rush yet, and if you give Peyton time, he will kill you. The running game is still not what it used to be either. The Giants used to destroy teams with their physical running. On the bright side, the passing game continues to look better. Nicks looks great, but I am still not happy with the way Manningham always seems to bobble the ball when he catches it.

I see Indy winning this one at home by a td at least.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #29
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kyle Orton? Can you say MVP?. Just kidding. He looked really good the first game I watched tho. Where would he rank within QB's? Just curious.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #30
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Kyle Orton? Can you say MVP?. Just kidding. He looked really good the first game I watched tho. Where would he rank within QB's? Just curious.

Somewhere between 10-15 in the league. He is a decent qb, but he is not going to do anything special to win you games. On the bright side, he doesn't do too many bad things that will lose you game either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: