Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Compare international basketball style to NBA style of play

Talk about the differences you've seen between the style of play in Europe and elsewhere, vs the NBA style of play
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
sac#1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sac#1 has an OK reputation so far

the most important differens are the rules.
Then they ask why they loss on the olympics!
defensive 3 seconds, 24 second shot clock, they never call carry,
sac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

MOVEMENT

That's the first, and most noticeable difference. International players are in constant motion. Beatiful screens, crisp passing, and non-stop movement combine to form a true 5-on-5 game.

In the NBA, hell, maybe you'll see two players on the same team get involved when one sets a screen for the other. The 3 other people are still just standing around waiting for the ball. Off-ball movement is a lost art in the NBA
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
Unregistered

Exclamation ------

Most obvious difference is the can't play Defense!
Plus their all spot up shooters that come to the league and have to extend their range to the 3pt line. Reason is because the NBA is filled with shot blockers at almost every position. And their use to taking alot of uncontested shots. Their less talented but more fundamentally sound. And most are soft & can't handle any physicality which is why Dirk choked in the NBA finals.
Once that changes they'll begin to dominate the NBA. Right now the just very good offensively.

And the USA Ball team lost because of chemistry and Hard Headed Larry Brown who benched Lebron, Amare, Carmello and Wade just dumb.
Then he played Jefferson, Stuck with Marbury while he was struggling, played Boozer more than Lebron, Amare, Mello and Wade and started Jefferson.
They had no true point guards or shooters. That teams chemistry, plus Larry's disdain for playin young players is why they lost. Instead of running for 48 min Larry had them trying to run a half court offense.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
Knine
I hit open layups

Knine has an OK reputation so far

I think the Europeans play more like a team and there is less iso plays. They have a lot of screening and picks. THey dont beat you with athleticism but rather better execution. I think Europeans may be better spot up shooters. NBA players are more one on one draw the double team and pass to open players.
Knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

I think that the Phoenix Suns (minus Amare and Bell) are a international style team. They have lots of running, lots of motion, and well executed plays. But there is a flaw. They play extremely soft defense, and aren't willing to be agressive to get a stop.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine
I think the Europeans play more like a team and there is less iso plays. They have a lot of screening and picks. THey dont beat you with athleticism but rather better execution. I think Europeans may be better spot up shooters. NBA players are more one on one draw the double team and pass to open players.

I totally agree...Most of the time, Europeans shoot only when they are free
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
sjeezy510b
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sjeezy510b has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
MOVEMENT

That's the first, and most noticeable difference. International players are in constant motion. Beatiful screens, crisp passing, and non-stop movement combine to form a true 5-on-5 game.

In the NBA, hell, maybe you'll see two players on the same team get involved when one sets a screen for the other. The 3 other people are still just standing around waiting for the ball. Off-ball movement is a lost art in the NBA

exactly u never see the great players in da nba no how to move w\o the ball like the weakside or the give and go, passing to da post then cutting. very well said
sjeezy510b is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: