Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #181
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Movie-Makers Draft - Sign-up and Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Sometimes there is a little truthful cry for help in your pranks.

Oh, you mad.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #182
LittleMoney45
I airball my layups

LittleMoney45 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
Okay, all picks noted in the team lists and php.

A bit of housecleaning...
Vapid and LittleMoney. Can you give me a genre for your writers? (Billy Wilder and Wong Kar-wai). I'm assuming for Wong Kar-wai it will just be drama... But, littlemoney, Wilder is mostly (but not entirely) a comedy writer and your film looks geared towards crime. So I didn't want to make assumptions.

And Rizko ... Just look at this guy.

You can just tell he still gets more chop, at 72, than the rest of us combined.

MasterDurant is up with a double pick.
Wilder is writing a drama/crime movie. He's done it before in Double Indemity, Lost Weekend, and Sunset Boulevard.
LittleMoney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #183
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Easily the most recognizable and greatest composer of all time. HAs composed songs for most Steven Spielberg films, plus the Harry Potter films.

Jodie Foster, one of the greatest actresses of all time.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #184
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For my previous pick:

Edith Head

Quote:
Head began as an assistant costume designer in the Hollywood of the 1920s, and she eventually became the preeminent costume designer of Hollywood's golden age, earning eight Oscars (and over 30 nominations) during a career that included work on hundreds and hundreds of movies. Head had a long professional relationship with Alfred Hitchcock, designing the costumes for most of his features: she dressed Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant for Notorious (1946), and Grace Kelly and Grant for To Catch a Thief (1955). Her other films include Beau Geste (1939), Sunset Boulevard (1950), The Greatest Show on Earth (1952) and Sometimes a Great Notion (1971).

She worked with Hitchcock on 11 films:

Notorious (1946)
Rear Window (1954)
The Trouble with Harry (1955)
To Catch a Thief (1955)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Vertigo (1958)
The Birds (1963)
Marnie (1964)
Torn Curtain (1966)
Topaz (1969)
Family Plot (1976)
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #185
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation

Rizko's time is up.

I'm up...

I'm taking Johnny Depp.

A few of his films:
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Dead Man
Donnie Brasco
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Sleepy Hollow
Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
Finding Neverland
Sweeney Todd

I'm casting him as Peter Riviera.
Riviera is essentially the villain of Neuromancer. He is a charming but slimy thief, who has a peverted obsession with Molly. He eventually betrays the group.

I'm going to do some summaries of the other casted characters soon, and Neuromancer itself. But for now, I gotta turn in, it's late in Australia.

Jackass18 is up...
and Rizko has a pending pick...
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #186
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You made my pick for me. I was planning on getting Depp or one other guy, and now that Depp is gone I'll take the other guy.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #187
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Frank Wolff

Quote:
Walter Frank Hermann Wolff (May 11, 1928 —December 12, 1971) was a versatile American actor whose prolific movie career began with roles in five 1958-61 Roger Corman productions and ended a decade later in Rome, after scores of appearances in European-made films, most of which were lensed in Italy.

Quote:
Frank Wolff had bit roles in his first two films, Roger Corman's I Mobster and The Wasp Woman. The former, a 1958 black-and-white gangster melodrama in which Wolff does not even receive a billing, was presented as a first-person narrative by the title character, Murder Incorporated (fictional) boss Joe Sante (Steve Cochran). The latter, Wolff's first genre film, was a typically campy horror, filmed in 1959, in which the owner of a cosmetics business (Susan Cabot) becomes the titular monster after using one of her own experimental rejuvenating formulas. Wolff has a single, memorable scene.

Later in the year, however, Wolff's billing dramatically increased to co-lead status in his next two Corman productions, scripted by Charles B. Griffith, Beast from Haunted Cave and Ski Troop Attack. Shot back-to-back in the snowy wilderness outside Deadwood, South Dakota, the films used the same crew and cast, which, in addition to Wolff, included Michael Forest, Wally Campo, Richard Sinatra (Frank's nephew) and Sheila Carol. The first of the two, Beast, directed for Corman by Wolff's UCLA friend, Monte Hellman, remains a well-remembered low-budget horror title, with a spider-like creature menacing a trio of robbers, led by Wolff, trapped in a ski lodge. In contrast, the equally poverty-budgeted Attack, on which Corman himself took over the directorial reins, turned out to be a little-noticed World War II quickie in which a quartet of GIs on skis slog through a snowbound landscape. The group's leader, a tall, stalwart lieutenant (Michael Forest), who played a similarly characterized forest ranger in Beast, is continually challenged by the disdainful sergeant (Wolff). Beast was first shown in October 1959, but eventually paired on a double bill with The Wasp Woman which, in line with the other films' Dakota link, premiered in Bismarck, North Dakota on February 12, 1960. The previous month, Wolff was seen in three TV appearances, The Untouchables (January 7), The Lawless Years (January 19) and Rawhide (January 29). He also had the third-billed role of Baron, a nighclub owner who refuses to give another chance to alcoholic trumpet player Jack Klugman in The Twilight Zone episode "A Passage for Trumpet", broadcast on May 20.

Quote:
In autumn 1960, Frank Wolff traveled to Greece to co-star in another Roger Corman-directed, Charles B. Griffith-scripted low-budgeter, Atlas (released in May 1961). The title role was again assigned to the brawny Corman regular, Michael Forest, while the female lead went to Barboura Morris who, between 1957 and 1967, worked exclusively for Corman, appearing in thirteen of his films, including The Wasp Woman. In Atlas, Wolff was cast as the treacherous King Praximedes, a scene-stealing lead villain who was singled out by the few critics who reviewed the film. Sporting a short beard, Praximedes was alternately charming, witty, overbearing and menacing.

On Corman's advice, Frank Wolff remained in Europe and became a well-known character actor in over fifty, mostly Italian-made, films of the 1960s, including crime/suspense "gialli" and spaghetti westerns. Early in his European career, he returned to Greece to essay a major, second-billed role in his most prestigious movie, the 1963 "Best Picture" Oscar nominee America, America, which producer-director-writer Elia Kazan filmed on location. As Vartan Damadian, the Armenian friend of the central character, played by Stathis Giallelis, a heavily-mustached Wolff assayed a complex, multi-layered personality.

Wolff's numerous Italian films of the 60s included The Four Days of Naples, Salvatore Giuliano, Death Took Place Last Night, The Great Silence, God Forgives, I Don't, One Dollar Too Many, and Once Upon a Time in the West. He was also seen a few episodes of British-produced TV series, such as The Saint and The Baron.

Frank Wolff has already played Gaspare Pisciotta in the film Salvatore Giuliano so it shouldn't be hard for him to reprise the role again.

Gaspare Pisciotta (the resemblance is uncanny):

Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #188
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Wong Kar Wai would write whatever script he wanted, I'm not going to restrain him. But it'd probably be some type of relationship drama.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #189
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Might as well draft my script now:

The Third Man

Director: Hitchcock
Writer: Chaplin
Editor: Chaplin
Composer: Chaplin
Costume Designer: Head

Holly Martins: Edward Norton
Anna Schmidt: Katharine Hepburn
Harry Lime: James Cagney
Major Calloway: Charlie Chaplin

I want the movie to be a bit different so I had to go away from some things.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #190
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Vapid's up.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #191
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

As I said, I don't have as distinct a vision of who I want for my female leads but I'll need two of em and I think I'll pick Maggie Cheung for my first one because I want an asian actress, she worked very well with WKW in the past, and can speak english fluently.

vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #192
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Via PM - Jasi Selects Jude Law and casts him as Aliosha Karamazov.

LittleMoney is on the clock.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:47 AM   #193
LittleMoney45
I airball my layups

LittleMoney45 has an OK reputation so far

Joe Pesci. Will play Robert De Niro's brother and he'll be a criminal.

Best Movies:
Raging Bull
Goodfellas
My Cousin Vinny
Lethal Weapon
LittleMoney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #194
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

All picks noted.

BRabbiT is up...
Old 09-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #195
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

James Cameron

Quote:

Thomas Newman
* Shawshank Redemption
* American Beauty
* Road to Perdition
* Finding Nemo
* Lemony Snicket's
* The Good German
* WALL-E