Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation
Default Re: The Movie-Makers Draft - Sign-up and Draft

Oh, I thought this got buried. Okay, updating the sign-ups.

I'm going to let lilmoney join. I have no record or reputation here either, so I can't really discriminate.

EDIT: We need one more.
NoGunzJustSkillz, you don't want in?

Anyone interested in judging?

Last edited by sawyersauce : 09-19-2010 at 10:23 PM.
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

I've thought about making a similar draft but I always thought it was too difficult to jugs but il join I guess
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember suggesting we do a draft like this a while back. I'm not one of the bigger movie buffs on here so my knowledge is more limited but I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #19
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I've thought about making a similar draft but I always thought it was too difficult to jugs but il join I guess

Yeah, judging will no doubt be very subjective - but it's more about the draft than the final outcome. Be interesting to see what people want as scripts and who they cast and crew.

I'll randomize the order and start the clock.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #20
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Draft order is:

---------
MasterDurant24
Rizko
sawyersauce
Jackass18
Vapid
Kobe8
LittleMoney45
BRabbiT
----------

MasterDurant24 is on the clock - you have 8 hours from this post.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #21
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

The great Sir Anthony Hopkins!
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #22
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

1st pick noted.

Rizko is up.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Edit: Changing my pick to Al Pacino (younger)

Last edited by Rizko : 09-20-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #24
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So if an actor is taken is he out completely? Because their is one guy who I know will be taken (really big name), but would only have a really small part at the end of my movie (adapting it from a book). He wouldn't be a main player in the movie at all, but an ancillary character. The reason I ask is because the character I'm thinking of has already played the role before so it would be weird to replace him with someone else, but I couldn't justify using a high pick on him (he's top 2 rounds material).
Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #25
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
So if an actor is taken is he out completely? Because their is one guy who I know will be taken (really big name), but would only have a really small part at the end of my movie (adapting it from a book). He wouldn't be a main player in the movie at all, but an ancillary character. The reason I ask is because the character I'm thinking of has already played the role before so it would be weird to replace him with someone else, but I couldn't justify using a high pick on him (he's top 2 rounds material).

Sorry, once a name's taken they can't be taken by someone else.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
Sorry, once a name's taken they can't be taken by someone else.
Fuck. The guy I want just has a little cameo in the end of the book, but I guess I can skip him that scene over in my re-make (though it wraps up the movie/book in a nice way and gets you set for the next movie perfectly).

If he's around for my 2nd pick I'll take him I guess. Pacino, actor X and a certain director are the most irreplaceable in my film, everything else has a few actors who can fill the role well enough

Last edited by Rizko : 09-20-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #27
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

I'm up...

I'll take Stanley Kubrick as my Director.

A few films of his...
The Paths of Glory
Spartacus
Lolita
Dr Strangelove
A Clockwork Orange
Barry Lyndon
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut

In my opinion, the greatest director ever.

His resume proves his versatility, with classics in multiple genres. Kubrick was a renowned perfectionist, known to shoot far more hours of film than was necessary and tirelessly pare it back in the editing room. But he was more than a technical precisionist; Kubrick was an innovator with a talent for creating atmosphere.
His camera work always explored and interacted with his actors and settings, rather than simply framing them. He was masterful at manipulating the audiences’ point of view. And he wasn’t afraid to delve into the bizarre if it created the appropriate emotional response, his surrealist sequences are some of cinema’s most atmospheric.
Check out these scenes…
...from 2001: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1IPrx-zC1Y
...and from The Shining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFVyA...eature=related

For me his works radiate both meaning and mystery. They make you think, but aren't impenetrable.

PS- (He's also a decent screenwriter, with 4 acadamy award nominations for his writing)

Jackass18 is on the clock.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #28
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Kubrick is nice. I love Dr. Strangelove.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #29
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
Kubrick is nice. I love Dr. Strangelove.

Cheers, I sent you a PM. Having a random guess at the character/actor you were talking about. If I'm right I've pinned down your script too. Can't say I'm confident though.

It's tough choosing between a lead actor or director first round. Not sure the guy I want for my lead will be there next round, but Kubrick definately wouldn't have been and he's perfect for the script I want.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #30
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
Cheers, I sent you a PM. Having a random guess at the character/actor you were talking about. If I'm right I've pinned down your script too. Can't say I'm confident though.

It's tough choosing between a lead actor or director first round. Not sure the guy I want for my lead will be there next round, but Kubrick definately wouldn't have been and he's perfect for the script I want.
Yea it's a tough choice. If everything pans out for my first 3 picks I'll be set. Pacino plays a bigger part in this movie then the other guy I wanted and I feel that more then 1 person could direct the movie, but no one could replace Pacino's character in this movie.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: