Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #46
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation
Default Re: The Movie-Makers Draft - Sign-up and Draft

I'm sticking with the rule but changing it from 24 hours to 16...

So for all players...
1. Once your pick expires (8 hours) your have 8 more hours to make your pending pick. If you don't make it in the second 8 hour block you're booted.

2. Also going to run a strike system. If you you are skipped (miss the initial 8 hour block) 3 times, you're out. BUT a pick doesn't count as skipped if you PMed it to someone before the time limit expired.

I think that makes sense.

So kobe8 has 7 hours to make his pending pick, or he's out. Even if he makes the pending pick in time he's got one strike.

And LittleMoney45 is still on the clock.

Last edited by sawyersauce : 09-21-2010 at 01:46 AM.
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #47
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

wow, missing pick 3 times until you're booted? Good luck finishing this draft within the year.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #48
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

I wouldn't mind judging at all if you need more judges. I've been checking-in to the thread and seeing picks, so I would be active.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #49
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
wow, missing pick 3 times until you're booted? Good luck finishing this draft within the year.

Good thing I don't have a deadline.

Did you miss the first part? If you miss the 16 hour limit ONCE your booted. The three strikes is to encourage posters to PM their picks when they go off-line.

EDIT: And sounds good Juges.
DOUBLEEDIT: I neatened up the ruling a bit. See if it makes more sense now.

Last edited by sawyersauce : 09-21-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #50
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you guys need to kick somebody out... send me a PM.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #51
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I agree with vapid. Letting a draft die at the beginning is a bad move, people will just stop checking the thread because they think some person is still lacking when making their picks.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #52
LittleMoney45
I airball my layups

LittleMoney45 has an OK reputation so far

Robert De Niro. One of, if not the, greatest actors of all time. Has had a leading or big role in some of the greatest movies of all time:

A Young Vito Corleone in the Godfather Part 2.
Travis Bickle in the Taxi Driver.
Michael Vronsky in the Deer Hunter.
Jimmy Conway in Goodfellas.
Al Capone in the Untouchables.
Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers.
Louis Gara in Jackie Brown.
And of course, Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull.

LittleMoney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #53
LittleMoney45
I airball my layups

LittleMoney45 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Boot kobe8 or this littlemoney guy for rocsteady or some other poster that is more active.
Hey, I resent that.
LittleMoney45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #54
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you need substitutes, I'd be down
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #55
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

A few of the big guns getting taken now.

BRabbiT is on the clock...

Kobe8 has 1 hour and 40 mins to make his pending pick, or he's booted...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #56
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Quote:

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #57
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Newman was my lead, dammit. Ah well, I've got a couple backups.

You got both my favorite actor (Newman) and the man I think is probably the only inarguable case for top 10 (Brando [and maybe De Niro]). Nice picks. Are you going for a double lead type situation? Or has one got a more significent role than the other?

LittleMoney45 is back up...

And Kobe8 is done, his 16 hours are up. Jasi, Rocsteady, NoGunzJustSkillz, Riddler - you've all showed interest. Any of you available to make a pick right now?

Last edited by sawyersauce : 09-21-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #58
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
... Are you going for a double lead type situation? Or has one got a more significent role than the other?

thanks.

i've got someone else in mind (for the lead), but i don't want to jinx it
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #59
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems like there's a vacant spot, so...

I pick Ridley Scott.
More later.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #60
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Seems like there's a vacant spot, so...

I pick Ridley Scott.
More later.

Noted, welcome to the draft.

Scott was another guy on my list, but a lot further down. I had him as my production designer... Even had a set of photos for it.

eh, oh well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: