Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

Default This is not a contender. Paxson needs make to some moves.

Difficult part of the schedule over, giving up 60 to Philly in one half. All they've done is hit open shots and layups.

Where is the defense? The heart? I don't see it.

Just a bunch of people going through the motions. Wallace looks like he could give a crap.

The message isn't going through anymore. It's stagnant.

It's up to Paxson to change things. He needs to evaluate the roster until December 15th. Then get aggressive in the trade market. If they try to ride this out until February they'll be way under .500, killing any shot at home court advantage in the playoffs.(if they even make it)

I want to see this team contend for the Finals in the crappy East now. Some of these players (and draft picks) need to be shipped out for it to happen.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:58 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

They have veteran presence now which is better than last year. But of course since there is no go-to guy on the team they have to revert back to there style of playing scrappy which usually as there record show how inconsistent the bulls are. Once a go-to guy is acquired, then they will make that necessary push for a long postseason. Now the question is.....Will paxson have the will to part some young talent possibly 3 guys cause you got to match salary of lets say KG? I think it could get done with Gordon, duhon, thabo, or sub thabo out for sweetney.

P.S. How on earth did A.I. light yall up for 46 like 2 days after getting his tooth pulled, then Ben Wallace actually played 20 minutes and get 0 points but for acquisition reasons ZERO rebounds? Like I have said before of course I'm not bashing for the signing but Ben was not what ur frontcourt needed. And of course quite a few max contract players never live up to the money in the first year of a contract. In my opinion 15 mil for a guy who can't score better post 15 boards or better EVERY night. So far early on Ben has been a waste of cheese, but the season is still young so we will watch closely.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I agree with Knickscity to a point, we need a go to guy, but I will say this, Miami did not jell immediately and look what happened this past season (Shaq's second year on the team and D-Wades second season on the team) they won it all. I agree we need a go to guy and a low post scorer.

I'd honestly would look into a trade right now because if this does go on fans will be P.O.ed again and feel as if they have been duped and lied to (not a word knickscity!! LOL). I'd be looking into getting a scorer even if it means giving up a pick or one of our young players (Thomas, Sefolosha, Nocioni, etc) and right this ship in a hurry.

You cannot solve everything during free agency, the draft, the offseason, etc.

Last edited by BullsBigMan29 : 11-25-2006 at 10:14 PM.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

very true
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:35 AM   #5
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I think one of our bright spots is Luol who is starting to step up and show that he can lead at team.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I think that the month of December will be a complete turn around for the Bulls. By January I expect them to be over .500. Out of their next 18 games they play 13 at home and obviously I think it's safe to say that they'll play much better at home. So there's no need to panic yet.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

My Hopes are that:

The Bulls jell as a team
Scott Skilles let Big Ben be who he is/was in Detroit
The Bulls ring the bell and sound the whistle for Big Ben to get him in kick tail mode
The Bulls win a lot of games.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #8
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Pax should make Gordon, Noce, Duhon, PJ and a 1st rounder available to land a go to guy. Not necessarily all of those guys just use some of them. I dont care if the go to guy is a SG like Pierce or Allen or a PF like Garnett or JO. A PF would be more preferable but i dont care we just need a star to carry us when we start to suck.

Ill admit i thought the bulls were better than what they are in the preseason, its early and we could still turn it around, but we aint winning no championships until our post problems are solved. Or at the very least, we land a player who can drop 20 to 25 a night, not 39 one night and 7 the next like Gordon.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i really dont think we can get a post-player that will really help us unless we get rid of 2-3 core players which would be stupid.

The guy i feel we should get has been going around here b4 is Ray Allen. The thing is that i dont want to trade any of our core players for him which i kind of think is possible.

Im starting to think that having a post-player in order to win the championship is overrated.

Over the off-season John Paxson's 2 free agents he wanted were Ben Wallace or Peja. Do you notice anything? neither are post-players but Ben Wallace has been working on being a little bit of one. So does Paxson really think he needs one in order to win?

So to me if we try and get Ray Allen wuts the difference both are very talented shooters.

The thing im thinking is that we might be able to get Ray Allen without losing any of our core players.

I think Seattle might do a deal of Ray Allen and Saer Sene for Bulls pick, Bulls 2nd round pick, Viktor Khryapa, Michael Sweetney, and Marty. P.J. Brown i think might have to b included making the trade work tho. but i really wish would could keep him.

Ray Allen would be our go 2 guy and veteran that is needed when we need points in the fourth quarter and so we dont make as many stupid mistakes when we need a basket.

PG-Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon
SG-Ray Allen/Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha
SF-Luol Deng/Thabo Sefolosha/Adrian Griffin
PF-Andres Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas/Malik Allen
C-Ben Wallace/Malik Allen/Saer Sene

to me if Paxson had gotten Peja instead of Ben Wallace our roster would be

PG-Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon
SG-Peja S/Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha
SF-Luol Deng/Thabo Sefolosha/Adrian Griffin
PF-Andres Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas/Viktor Khryapa
C-Tyson Chandler/Malik Allen
and some others

i like the first roster wut about u?

Last edited by taurus515th : 12-10-2006 at 09:21 PM.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #10
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Why do people think the Bulls have a scoring problem? The Bulls rank 4th in scoring in the East, 1st in 3pt% and 4th in fg%.

In the NBA...the Bulls rank 10th overall in team scoring. 4 more points a game than the beloved Cavs and Pistons. More than the Nets who have VC, Jefferson and Kidd. More than the Rockets who have Ming and TMac. 7 more than the Magic who have Howard, Hill and Nelson.

The Bulls DO NOT have a problem scoring the ball. I don't see how POST scoring would help the Bulls out. All it does is slow the game down. It does give them a new dimension, yes, but would not make them an offensive machine. I think their biggest need is a "big" man. 6'11 or 7 footer would be great to play alongside Ben or even as a valuable backup to Nocioni and Ben. P.J. is 6'11" but he hasn't quite fit in. I'm not sure who is out there that they could get but I'm about to go do some research. Nene would have been nice, but he's too expensive. Rumors about Camby are out there. We'll see.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #11
INFINITY2152

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Why do people think the Bulls have a scoring problem? The Bulls rank 4th in scoring in the East, 1st in 3pt% and 4th in fg%.

In the NBA...the Bulls rank 10th overall in team scoring. 4 more points a game than the beloved Cavs and Pistons. More than the Nets who have VC, Jefferson and Kidd. More than the Rockets who have Ming and TMac. 7 more than the Magic who have Howard, Hill and Nelson.

The Bulls DO NOT have a problem scoring the ball. I don't see how POST scoring would help the Bulls out. All it does is slow the game down. It does give them a new dimension, yes, but would not make them an offensive machine. I think their biggest need is a "big" man. 6'11 or 7 footer would be great to play alongside Ben or even as a valuable backup to Nocioni and Ben. P.J. is 6'11" but he hasn't quite fit in. I'm not sure who is out there that they could get but I'm about to go do some research. Nene would have been nice, but he's too expensive. Rumors about Camby are out there. We'll see.

I agree. The Bulls have more than enough people who shoot the ball, and with their youth, they need to run more than they need to pound the ball down low. Duhon, Hinrich, Noce, and Ben Gordon are all good scorers, and Luol Deng has added a nice mid-range to his game. If Scott skiles let the shackles loose, we already have the players we need. Don't forget, half the guys on the Bulls right now were first round draft picks, oylmpic gold winners, and NCAA killers. Adding Ben Wallace added a veteran who can actually contribute all the time, so just give Ben and Kirk and luol time. They get better every game.
INFINITY2152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
taurus515th

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Why do people think the Bulls have a scoring problem?

Maybe because Paxson tried getting a post-player b4 the offseason and then during the offseason was about to go after a scorer such as Peja if Wallace didnt sign. Paxson is the GM not us so if Paxson tried to get a post-player such as Al Harrington before the deadline or Peja over the off-season because he felt we needed scoring then we needed scoring that leads people to think he wants a scorer but now from the past couple of days ive changed my mind about Ray Allen since Ben Wallace has stepped up on the offensive end right after i made the post about getting Ray Allen because we if he didnt we would not b 13-10 right now but 11-12. Paxson knows wuts best for the team not me or anyone on this board. And i do agree with wut u said about trying to get Marcus Camby because he is now main my main person to trade for.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #13
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

Well, apparently P.J. Brown wants to be traded.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Well, apparently P.J. Brown wants to be traded.

Maybe we could package him with Sweets or Malik Allen and get Chris Kaman. Clippers fans are knocking him because he isn't putting up the kind of numbers he had last year, so we might be able to get him for cheap. I don't know how the salaries stack up, since he signed that contract in the offseason. I'm also not sure if he would fit into the system that Skiles has in place, but he has some offensive skill and is another big body to replace PJ if he wants out.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: