Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Grizz
I airball my layups

Grizz has an OK reputation so far
Default Need advice on new Basketball Shoes.

I am a 6'1 PG/SG and I've always wore cheap shoes during my high school and club season, and now I want to buy some legit good basketball shoes.

I was wondering what are the best shoes out right now that are good for a guard which are light weight, comfortable, and durable? Thanks in advance.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Need advice on new Basketball Shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz
I am a 6'1 PG/SG and I've always wore cheap shoes during my high school and club season, and now I want to buy some legit good basketball shoes.

I was wondering what are the best shoes out right now that are good for a guard which are light weight, comfortable, and durable? Thanks in advance.

It terms of on the court performance, i say Kobe V are in a different league of its own that's why so many NBA players wore it. light weight, low tops, great grip.

If you want a high top sneaker there are only two choices.

If you have a bigger wallet i would also recommend. Air Jordan 2010

Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
Grizz
I airball my layups

I don't rock low top shoes period. Thats just me. I need ankle support.

And yeah, Ive heard the Jordan 2010's are really nice, but that hole kills the shoe's appearance in my opinion. Not that its a big deal, it all about performance. I don't know that much about the Hyperfuses, but they look nice and that they were worn by team USA.
Thanks man!

Last edited by Grizz : 09-18-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Quote:

And yeah, Ive heard the Jordan 2010's are really nice, but that hole kills the shoe's appearance in my opinion. Not that its a big deal, it all about performance. I don't know that much about the Hyperfuses, but they look nice and that they were worn by team USA.
Thanks man!

You can get great ankle support from low tops, high or mid tops could acually be harmful. THe Kobe IV or V are great shoes, i love them, and they have great support for a low top.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

This probably should've gone in the sneaker forum, but no problems, I just don't check that forum much.

Big misconception however that lows don't provide ankle support. All basketball shoes pretty much have the same support for the ankle. If you're going to roll your ankle, no shoe will stop that. The only thing that would stop that is if you had a cast or a boot which prevented your ankle from moving.

When the ankle rolls, a high top does nothing to keep it in place. No matter how tight you lace it, it's the sneaker material (leather, synthetics) that aren't rigid so the ankle rolls. Lows in fact will strengthen your ankle since you aren't relying on the high tops to constrict them. I find that lower cut shoes give me more foot freedom, are lighter and feel more natural/comfortable.

The Kobe V I heard was an excellent shoe, some durability issues but for the most part, one of the top Nike basketball shoes of the decade. Here's what makes them and other well designed lows so good. It starts with the platform. A stable shoe is less likely to roll, and the Kobes have outriggers which keep the base solid.

Next up is the heel cup. This keeps your foot in place so there is no shifting. Shifting of the foot inside the shoe puts you at risk for injury and the loose fit makes it easy to turn the ankle.

Finally the collar padding is well designed so that it conforms around your ankle balls and the little "inlets" behind your ankle balls, between the bones and the Achilles tendon. This keeps the shoe comfortable and secure.

This sounds like a Nike ad but the point is, lows aren't as bad as people think. I've been wearing them for some time and I love them.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

Quote:
This myth needs to die.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm physically same to you an i'm rocking with this shoes, this upcoming season

Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Grizz
I airball my layups

I'm leaning into buying these shoes right now at the moment. Should I go with these Jordan CP3's?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

OMG MAN , If you want lightweight go with KOBE's or Nike , JORDANS ARE ****IN HEAVY, you hear me?

I got like 4 Jordans sitting out waiting for me to wear it, but no..

I use Kobe V's, If you dont like low-tops then get the hyperdunk. ----> .
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

The Adidas Supernatural Creators that Drose and Eric Gordon wear are the best basketball shoes on the market for guards right now. They are light, have excellent cushioning, top notch ankle support, and excellent traction. Adidas really outdid themselves and put together probably their best shoe ever. I saw em at Footlocker on sale for $89.99 which is pretty much dirt cheap for a shoe of this caliber.

The Nike Hyperize is another shoe I would go with. Tons of excellent ratings and feedback on the shoe and it only costs $99.

I definitely recommend the Supernatural Creator by Adidas for every guard out there.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

ITT: OP asks a question, then ignores everyone's advice

The kobes are fantastic, I've owned the IV and have the V now.. and have never worn a better basketball shoe.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
Dipset_Ballin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dipset_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

Get Nikes for games, and get Proteges for practice
Dipset_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
Ghettobird
Banned

Ghettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I'm leaning into buying these shoes right now at the moment. Should I go with these Jordan CP3's?

i didn't have that model i think i had the one before, great shoe overall if you can find it cheaper
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: