Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
SeneBlock
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SeneBlock has an OK reputation so far
Default Sign the Petition

Calling all Sonics fans!!! Please sign my petition to send the new ownership a message on where the Sonics and Storm truly belong! SEATTLE!

http://www.petitiononline.com/GoSonics/petition.html
SeneBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Grand Villain
Banned

Grand Villain has an OK reputation so far

If they city of Seattle really cared that much about the SuperSonics, they'd build a new arena. Key Arena holds many great memories, but it's about time Seattle gave the Sonics a new facility.

Expect new trends of other NBA franchies to follow suit. Many small market cities (OK City, Kansas City, Cincinnati, etc.) - will be looking to acquire new sports franchises.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13934598/
Grand Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #3
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default real care

seattle is a fair weathered sports city

when the mariners/sonics/seahawks are doing well, everyone jumps on the bandwagon

it's not primarily about the stadium per se. only in light of the revenue sharing deals the owners want. they want the taxpayers to pay for the stadium AND they want 100% of the revenue from it. that is not the deal they have now with the city.

the city buckled under for the desire for new stadiums for the m's and hawks, but i am not sure about the revenue sharing for those sports

i am glad that the sity didnt support billionaire's corporate welfare. i would have been more proud if they had said instead that they were going to put the money into the inner city schools and other social services that would improve life in the seattle. as much as i enjoy the nba, there are much more important things in life. i would be sad, but i could accept a sonic move out of seattle

i am saying this as a lifelong sonics fan too!!

reality is: i havent seen the sonics live at the key arena in a few years because i have felt priced out. i am not part of the seattle elite who have connections to the boxes nor do i choose to spend hundreds of dollars on a decent seat there. tv is fine for me

i would still cheer for them if they moved and i would still follow my lifelong teams of the ny knicks and the la clippers and i would still cheer for gp and iverson and cheer against kobe and ginobili

life would go on
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: