Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Hester or Moss?

Who had the better one-handed touchdown catch in week 2?
devin hester
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9ErAdKPyA
randy moss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEQDh4-Xos8
(jaw dropping my ass)

my vote-hester hands down. caught it in the air, corner of the endzone, had to come down with both feet, secure the ball all the way through.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
BDiesel324
Banned

BDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryBDiesel324 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Hester or Moss?

Moss, he never even used two-hands to secure the ball like Hester did. The one thing that sticks out to me about Hester's was the fact that he was at the corner of the end-zone. Moss on the other hand was just better. A one-handed catch that would have been considered over-thrown to 99% of every other WR in the NFL. Oh, and he did it against Darrelle Revis.
BDiesel324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiesel324
Moss, he never even used two-hands to secure the ball like Hester did. The one thing that sticks out to me about Hester's was the fact that he was at the corner of the end-zone. Moss on the other hand was just better. A one-handed catch that would have been considered over-thrown to 99% of every other WR in the NFL. Oh, and he did it against Darrelle Revis.
Lol changing your tune now. Sick catch though. Hester did have a pretty good catch but it wasn't as big as the one Moss had.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiesel324
Yeah, because Hester was in the AIR falling down trying to DRAG BOTH FEET in bounds, so he kinda had to put the ball on his chest and secure it with his other hand...much more impressive than Moss.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Moss
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #6
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

.......you guys are ****in insane.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

LbloodOjunkieG has an OK reputation so far

That Moss video is horrible, can't even tell what's going on. But I was watching the game, and when he caught it I was pretty amazed. Perhaps seeing it happen live sways my vote, but after watching numerous highlights of the Hester catch, I think the Moss catch was more impressive.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

LbloodOjunkieG has an OK reputation so far

I'm not taking anything away from Hester. They were both great grabs, but I've always been impressed with the way Randy plays the game. Everything looks so effortless to him, makes it look so easy to do what he does. That catch he made today looked like it was nothing to him.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #9
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

OMG I SWEAR hester's catch was way more impressive. they were both one handed catches. Moss just walks off untouched. Hester had to jump in the air to catch it, drag his feet in bounds, and secure position as he was falling down in the corner of the endzone. Are you guys serious?!?!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #10
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
OMG I SWEAR hester's catch was way more impressive. they were both one handed catches. Moss just walks off untouched. Hester had to jump in the air to catch it, drag his feet in bounds, and secure position as he was falling down in the corner of the endzone. Are you guys serious?!?!
Are you serious? You made a thread asking us which we thought was better. Most people think it was Randy's catch. You're a Bears fan from Chicago. Don't ask if you don't want our opinion.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hester.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #12
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

^
Ok, well it just seems fairly obvious to me and the fact that everyone has said Moss and not one person has said Hester so far kinda pisses me off.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Moss
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moss made it look so easy. Revis aggrivated his hamstring on that play so it might have ended differently otherwise. Im gonna give the nod to Hester because of the footwork.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:15 AM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moss on the hold out and it isn't even close...

honestly, I didn't even know Hester's catch was one handed or think that much of it at all until watching that...might have been just concerned with his feet though...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: