Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation
Default Top 10: Scariest Video Games

Iv'e been a fan of these type of games ever since I played Resident Evil. Does anyone know what are the scariest games.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10: Scariest Video Games

I've played a lot of scary games in my day (I dont know why though, I'm usually pretty bad with horror movies xD).
But some of my favs are:
Resident Evil saga
F.E.A.R
Silent Hill saga
Dead Space

Thats off the top of my head.
I never got to play Fatal Frame though, I heard that might actually be the scariest game of all time.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I've played a lot of scary games in my day (I dont know why though, I'm usually pretty bad with horror movies xD).
But some of my favs are:
Resident Evil saga
F.E.A.R
Silent Hill saga
Dead Space

Thats off the top of my head.
I never got to play Fatal Frame though, I heard that might actually be the scariest game of all time.

Dead Space was cool, I also played f.e.a.r

I never heard of Fatal Frame, I gotta do my HW on it.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting thread.

Doom 3 for Xbox was somewhat scary. It did a really good job with the dark atmosphere and eerie music. The way you have to use the flashlight and fumble with your weapon to switch it back to your hands when you see something rushing you is sometimes priceless.

The Thing is a scary game too. The graphics aren't that great, but it's so damn hard it makes it scary. Like when one of your friends who's just been helping you fight turns into one of "the things" (monsters) out and it's like "fuck, in a damn hallway!? Now there's nowhere to go to fight properly without getting mauled "

I agree about Silent Hill being kinda scary too.

I've sorta noticed the scariness factor sort of goes hand in hand with the difficulty of the games too. If you can die easily, it tends to make the player more apprehensive (scared) while playing. ^_^
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Interesting thread.

I've sorta noticed the scariness factor sort of goes hand in hand with the difficulty of the games too. If you can die easily, it tends to make the player more apprehensive (scared) while playing. ^_^

that makes NES ninja gaiden the scariest game of all time!

i vote the dreamcast resident evil. that was the first, and one of the only, 'horror' games i'd ever played, and i was still pretty much a kid. i dreaded trying to finish it.

return to castle wolfenstein gets a vote as well. i hated when the game turned to zombie killing instead of nazi killing. once you fall into that cave around level 6 i got a little unsettled.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Silent Hill series
Siren Blood Curse
Fatal Frame series
F.E.A.R

Those are borderline scary for me. I'm not a kid anymore
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #7
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Zombies aren't scary at all. Tomb raider was one of the most ridiculous series ever. I walking down a hall, just strolling along, and then a huge ball starts rolling behind me and I'm running for my life and I have to jump through this tiny ass hole at the end or else I get crushed.

One of the countless death traps that this series offers which scare the shit out of you.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation

Doom 3 is a good pick, just for the first 2 levels. They were genuinely scary. I played it on the PC, not sure how different it is to the Xbox. The rest of the game is solid, but a bit predictable. Those 2 levels were great though.

For me, Silent Hill 2 (haven't played the rest of the series) is more creepy than scary.
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller

ekzistenz has an OK reputation so far

Max Payne was always a good one in parts. I can still see the trail of blood and hear the baby crying.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
that makes NES ninja gaiden the scariest game of all time!

i vote the dreamcast resident evil. that was the first, and one of the only, 'horror' games i'd ever played, and i was still pretty much a kid. i dreaded trying to finish it.

return to castle wolfenstein gets a vote as well. i hated when the game turned to zombie killing instead of nazi killing. once you fall into that cave around level 6 i got a little unsettled.

lol :P You know what I meant. Difficult amidst the setting of a scary game :P

Ninja Gaiden was infuriating as hell, not scary. :\

I found Silver Surfer to be even harder though. That's literally the only game I've owned and not beaten. I broke it a long time ago. NG had some really infuriating levels, but literally the entire game of Silver Surfer was a pain in the ass.

Almost as irritating as that damn mario knockoff game where you play as the white bunny, and there's frickin dozens of invisible death traps in every level, where there's no way you can avoid them unless you've died to them already. -_-

I forget what it's called. gonna google.

Syobon Action. That game is frickin horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrWwmnt2po

When looking for a video of it to post, I coincidently ran across a review video for Silver Surfer! Of course, it's bringing back horrible memories. It's funny to watch though, it's an Angry Video Game Nerd video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0

Quote:
It'd be easier to go outside during a thunderstorm and dodge rain.

lol :\

On Resident Evil, I didn't find it to be too scary, the controls were just so clunky it was almost gauranteed you're gonna die or get mauled by those damn Lickers unless you mapped out where they were ahead of time and had your shotgun or whatever out already. If the controls were less clunky, or you had access to a bit more items, it wouldn't be scary at all. That's sort of what I mean by difficulty determining the scariness level of some of those games. Specifically the survival horror type. If you could blow throw everything, it wouldn't be scary.

The best scary games are the ones that don't have to rely on ridiculous difficulty to add to their scary factor. Not many pull that off well. Remember how RE2 was a lot easier than RE1? It wasn't too scary, was it? Just when shit jumped through windows with a loud crash after the game was dead quiet with no movement, might make you jump a bit. But that's sort of a cheap startle.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Dead space was really cool, type of game that is best played with the lights off in the middle of the night. the story was cool, the end is a jaw dropper
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you ever stumble over this abomination at a flee market or street sale, vacate the premises immediately... Just run

Its that damn frightening!!!!

Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Not really a horror game, but Bioshock is damn creepy! The little sisters creep me out and the splicers just coming out of nowhere. The setting adds to the creepiness with the voice in the background. Good stuff.

Also F.E.A.R. on the PC was the 1st game that ever made me literally jump out of my seat. I remember playing it when I 1st got it with my cousin. We had the lights off and headphones on and we were fairly close to the screen. On one level you had to crawl through a pipe and it was steamy and the creepy little girl literally crawled through the tunnel at you through the steam. Scared the shit out of me. We both jumped up and took a few steps back lol.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
Ghettobird
Banned

Ghettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
lol :P You know what I meant. Difficult amidst the setting of a scary game :P

Ninja Gaiden was infuriating as hell, not scary. :\

I found Silver Surfer to be even harder though. That's literally the only game I've owned and not beaten. I broke it a long time ago. NG had some really infuriating levels, but literally the entire game of Silver Surfer was a pain in the ass.

Almost as irritating as that damn mario knockoff game where you play as the white bunny, and there's frickin dozens of invisible death traps in every level, where there's no way you can avoid them unless you've died to them already. -_-

I forget what it's called. gonna google.

Syobon Action. That game is frickin horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrWwmnt2po

When looking for a video of it to post, I coincidently ran across a review video for Silver Surfer! Of course, it's bringing back horrible memories. It's funny to watch though, it's an Angry Video Game Nerd video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvnRBywkUZ0

lol :\

On Resident Evil, I didn't find it to be too scary, the controls were just so clunky it was almost gauranteed you're gonna die or get mauled by those damn Lickers unless you mapped out where they were ahead of time and had your shotgun or whatever out already. If the controls were less clunky, or you had access to a bit more items, it wouldn't be scary at all. That's sort of what I mean by difficulty determining the scariness level of some of those games. Specifically the survival horror type. If you could blow throw everything, it wouldn't be scary.

The best scary games are the ones that don't have to rely on ridiculous difficulty to add to their scary factor. Not many pull that off well. Remember how RE2 was a lot easier than RE1? It wasn't too scary, was it? Just when shit jumped through windows with a loud crash after the game was dead quiet with no movement, might make you jump a bit. But that's sort of a cheap startle.

Syobon Action

looks amazing
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
Ghettobird
Banned

Ghettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected posterGhettobird is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Not really a horror game, but Bioshock is damn creepy! The little sisters creep me out and the splicers just coming out of nowhere. The setting adds to the creepiness with the voice in the background. Good stuff.

Also F.E.A.R. on the PC was the 1st game that ever made me literally jump out of my seat. I remember playing it when I 1st got it with my cousin. We had the lights off and headphones on and we were fairly close to the screen. On one level you had to crawl through a pipe and it was steamy and the creepy little girl literally crawled through the tunnel at you through the steam. Scared the shit out of me. We both jumped up and took a few steps back lol.

bioshock made me poop my pants a few times when i tried to play high
Ghettobird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: