Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 10: Scariest Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobird
Syobon Action

looks amazing

It's incredibly frustrating. :\
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected poster

Only three games have ever scared me while playing:

Resident Evil 2 (I believe it was 2) on the original playstation. Playing it at 1 in the morning when you are like 13 years old and had NEVER played a scary game before, scared the crap out of me. The first part that scared me was when you are walking down a hallway and a zombie grabs you through some boards in the wall and the controller starts to vibrate. I freaked the **** out and threw the controller down.

Silent Hill *pick your number*. Scarier than RE, because more often than not, the evil characters jumped out of some dark hiding space and I NEVER anticipated it.

F.E.A.R. Needless to say, if you have a game with dark hiding spots and freaky creatures jumping out of them, it will scare me.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Syobon Action's (i call it cat mario) definitely a fun game. Once you beat it, it's pretty easy to do it again so you can show off. Don't get me started on Silver Surfer. That's one game I'll never attempt again...it's not even worth playing over and over to improve because the game sucks balls anyway. that's what separates silver surfer from ninja gaiden and ghosts n goblins, IMO.

i never really played scary video games to be honest, so i can't contribute much to this thread. I was pretty young, but I remember being freaked out by scorpion's unmask fatality in MK2 though. It can't only be me, because i showed my little cousins (probably 8 and 6 at the time) the same fatality in Deception and one of them started crying.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #19
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

You cant Beat Resident Evil 3 , Back in the days when it first came out , I played it during midnights because I didnt get a chance to play it in the living room during days so yeah...

12am - RPD 2nd Floor , when I came down the stairs just walking like normal and then *HOLY ****!* Nemesis came out the window!!! I paralyzed!!! and finally had the guts to pause the game,.. and after that I turned off my ps1... drank a glass of milk.. damnnn it was scary as F****!!!!!

RE4 and 5 Messed the whole series up. goodbye RE!!
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:03 AM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

The Thing for PS2 was cool because your teammates could get infected by the alien virus and act normally. Then all of a sudden they transform into these monstrous aliens and attack you! You gotta give your teammates blood tests to see if they are infected or not. If you stick one in a room full of blood they go crazy and commit suicide. The game was nuts I was 14-15 when I played it and I still remember how involved I got mentally.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/368/368448p1.html
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #21
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

these games may not be the scariest, but they are quite well done…

D (3DO, PS1, Saturn)
Clock Tower (Super Famicom, PS1)

these games just feature a sense of urgency that makes them all the more thrilling! Clock Tower had a sequel though I never played it… and D had a couple succeeding games Enemy Zero (I haven't played it) and D2, but D2 was more action oriented and though freaky in it's own right, doesn't have that sense of urgency that the first D game had…

a couple other grotesque games that are quite freaky:

Splatterhouse (Turbo Grafx-16, arcade)
Michigan (PS2)
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #22
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
You cant Beat Resident Evil 3 , Back in the days when it first came out , I played it during midnights because I didnt get a chance to play it in the living room during days so yeah...

12am - RPD 2nd Floor , when I came down the stairs just walking like normal and then *HOLY ****!* Nemesis came out the window!!! I paralyzed!!! and finally had the guts to pause the game,.. and after that I turned off my ps1... drank a glass of milk.. damnnn it was scary as F****!!!!!

RE4 and 5 Messed the whole series up. goodbye RE!!
I agree. RE4 and 5 are great great games, but they totally took the scary factor out of the series. RE2 and 3 were my first scary games. They made me HATE zombies. But now I love zombie games and movies .
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #23
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Anyone remember 'Manhunt'..I don't scare easy so it's all relative. But the game is definitely meant to scare...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:e..._Games.jpg&t=1
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Splatterhouse (Turbo Grafx-16, arcade)
Michigan (PS2)
I agree with this. Splatterhouse is a crazy game. I think there's a next gen version coming out sometime in 2011.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Anyone remember 'Manhunt'..I don't scare easy so it's all relative. But the game is definitely meant to scare...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:e..._Games.jpg&t=1

That game was banned in many countries. And rightfully so.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #26
evilmonkey
Banned

evilmonkey posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryevilmonkey posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

As an avid gamer since 1990 these are the games that scared me the most:

Quake 1 - Scared the crap outta me, for its time you couldnt find anything scarier.

Resident Evil 1/2/3 - Very scary.

Clive Barkers Undying - It has one of the best horror stories ever made in to a game... probably the scariest game i played. Traveling down a long, narrow corridor of open windows with curtains that keep blowing in your face, blocking your view (and your aim!) of the shadow-things that kept rising from the floor.

Aliens vs Predator 2 - Playing as a Marine this was absolutely nervwrecking, frantically throwing flares into the darkness because you can hear the skittering of face-huggers coming from everywhere... you just cant help it but jump every single time an alien / facehugger leaps towards you from outta nowhere screaming your ears of, chasing you... and you have no bullets, so you just see how long you can run before you turn into shish kebab and pee your pants.

System Schock 2 - When the security alarm goes off, summoning zombies from all over the level -- and you're hiding in a corner with two bullets....

Honorable Mention: Silent Hill, Fatal Frame 2, Doom 3, FEAR... they gave a few scares aswell.

Anything after that was just a walk in the park... well, at least the newer games couldnt give me that scary atmosphere like with these ones for me, especially nowadays games who try that horror FPS category a bit like Dead Space and so on.... good try but nope!

Last edited by evilmonkey : 09-28-2010 at 01:43 PM.
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #27
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amnesia: dark descent has been getting good reviews. Even yahtzee seemed to like it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...e-Dark-Descent

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPw...eature=related
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #28
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Amnesia: dark descent has been getting good reviews. Even yahtzee seemed to like it.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...e-Dark-Descent

That was a hilarious review.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #29
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nothing beats the original Resident Evil for me
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #30
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. Scary as ****. It only came out recently though. Also, people seem to be sleeping on one of my all-time faves:

Excellent game. I know a lot of people didn't get to play it since it was a GC exclusive, but it really was a masterpiece. Hopefully it gets a remake. It's more of a psychological horror game. Like the video game equivalent to The Shining.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: