Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #16
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MAD MEN series discussion

season four has been the best season of any TV show ever.

pure f*cking brilliance.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #17
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don's life is becoming a bit more stable but at this point I think it would be nearly impossible for him to actually take on the responsibility of having her live with him. And like someone already said, I think when they said 'goodbye' in the lobby that was the point of no return.

This is a very pivitol moment for Don and I'm not sure which way things will turn.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was just reading a Q&A with Sally's actor Kieran Shipka, and i thought this part was funny

Quote:
Q: When Sally and Bobby are at their father's apartment, they seem to watch a lot of television. Do you ever watch Mad Men?

A: I am not allowed to watch Mad Men. My mom will pre-screen it and then she will show me the scenes that she feels are appropriate for me, but it's mostly all my scenes. I watch those.

i mean it makes sense, i wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter watching it, but it would just be strange to be acting in a show you can't watch
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i was just reading a Q&A with Sally's actor Kieran Shipka, and i thought this part was funny

i mean it makes sense, i wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter watching it, but it would just be strange to be acting in a show you can't watch

Yeah, as talented of an actress as she is, some of the scenes this season are very suggestive for a 10 yr old. I don't think she even knew what she was talking about/acting out during those scenes. Like when shes talking about sex or is caught playing with herself. That's pushing the edge on tv but then it's also what makes the show complex and interesting. Hats off to AMC. If this were on Fox, it would've been cancelled by now.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Don's life is becoming a bit more stable but at this point I think it would be nearly impossible for him to actually take on the responsibility of having her live with him. And like someone already said, I think when they said 'goodbye' in the lobby that was the point of no return.

This is a very pivitol moment for Don and I'm not sure which way things will turn.

Yeah, it's just not feasible at all for Sally to live with him. Not even counting the booze and women, Don's job consumes him. He'd have to hire another Carla, and then there's the whole problem of a rebellious girl running around downtown, instead of the relatively safe suburbs.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #21
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
Yeah, as talented of an actress as she is, some of the scenes this season are very suggestive for a 10 yr old. I don't think she even knew what she was talking about/acting out during those scenes. Like when shes talking about sex or is caught playing with herself. That's pushing the edge on tv but then it's also what makes the show complex and interesting. Hats off to AMC. If this were on Fox, it would've been cancelled by now.

I'm surprised there wasn't more of a public backlash with the *********ion scene, given the sensitivity of 2010 people/media. That episode was directed by a woman though, and her parents were on set of course. Plus, from the editing you could tell they filmed it in a couple of different segments with very general directions.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of my favorite moments that can actually be found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XKN0iZG_4s
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #23
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

there's an (unconfirmed by legitimate sources) rumor that mel gibson is in talks to play a character in next season's story arc.

i'd welcome it.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #24
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd welcome it also
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

His anti-semitism would be a perfect fit on mad men lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #26
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
His anti-semitism would be a perfect fit on mad men lol.

precisely. i have a really easy time picturing him in that office setting, and i don't hold any of that personal stuff against him at all. he's a great actor.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

I could see him (Gibson) as an opposite to Draper. Some hot-shot who'll be able to one-up Don next season. I'm not too big of a Mel Gibson fan but I'd welcome it. The show could really use an antagonist.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #28
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Just watched episode 9 and I can't believe how talented an actress Sally is for a 10 year old.
Really liked the episode im liking the growth of Don albeit by very minimal amounts each episode, I thought he was about to breakthrough with Sally until the 'Goodbye' scene which was good as their is no way that she could live with him.
Also I think Faye is incredible, the true depiction of beauty and brains.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #29
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jon Hamm should have some Emmy hardware. Just because Bryan Cranston has the luxury of playing a character that can show wide ranges of emotions doesn't mean he's better. The Don Draper we know now has been cultivated over the last three years from a demigod to a guy who is openly mocked in his own office - and the way it's been played has been to perfection. Not with outbursts, with wild "Please give me an Emmy" scenes, but in dozens of subtle ways.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Just bought season 1 on blu-ray. After all the ranting and raving I've heard about this show, I just can't wait anymore, haha. I have to watch it and see what all the hype is about.

I'm sure I will like it.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: