Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #301
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

EnoughSaid is a pretty well-respected posterEnoughSaid is a pretty well-respected posterEnoughSaid is a pretty well-respected posterEnoughSaid is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MAD MEN series discussion

Mad Men set to return on April 7th with Season 6!! Supposedly a two hour premiere.

Here are some new pics released:

Can't wait. Suits just resumed, then we got Game of Thrones, followed by Mad Men and the epic conclusion to Breaking Bad. Gonna be a crazy year for TV.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #302
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gonna start watching this show now.. 20 minutes in.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #303
ZeN
Shaved Bearded Ladies

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Give it at least 3 episodes before you start to pass judgment.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #304
Nash
NBA sixth man of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
best decision ever
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #305
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Done with the first season.. watched about 1 episode a day, but that doesn't truly indicate how much I loved this show. Put it right there with BrBa, and from what I read, it doesn't seem to fall off much.. at least not until towards the end.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 AM   #306
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has an OK reputation so far

I like mad men but after binge watching four seasons in a row, it kinda got boring cause every other episodes involves don sleeping around. As much fun as it is, when you don't get that week break, it kinda gets really repetitive and boring.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #307
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, Mad Men is really a show tailor made for the traditional TV format. It's best to watch it live, discuss it with friends, read reviews of the last episode by critics, and then watch the next episode.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #308
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Suguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSuguru101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, Mad Men is really a show tailor made for the traditional TV format. It's best to watch it live, discuss it with friends, read reviews of the last episode by critics, and then watch the next episode.

Which reviews of Mad Men do you enjoy the best?

I find the AV Club recaps to be some of the most interesting. Molly Lambert at Grantlant is great, though sometimes she focuses on silly things. Still, great writer.

Last edited by Suguru101 : 02-20-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #309
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101

I find the AV Club recaps to be some of the most interesting. Molly Lambert at Grantlant is great, but she focuses on some of the most inane things some times.

I like most of the Grantland coverage of the show. I always like to hear different perspectives on the episodes and Molly's is almost always different from mine which I like. I also like when Andy Greenwald writes a larger recap of the show.

AV Club is really the only other one that I read because I like the two writers there that cover the show. Other than that I'll just listen to some pop culture podcasts that touch on the show.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #310
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101

I find the AV Club recaps to be some of the most interesting. Molly Lambert at Grantlant is great, though sometimes she focuses on silly things. Still, great writer.

Nice, I read about every review from the AV Club after an episode, Season 1 was done by Todd, will change now.

I keep away from the comment section, though. I was bothered by the picture above the seasons showing Don/Peggy, leading me to believe this is how it will eventually end, or they will end, together, I interpreted it that way, as kind of a spoiler.. so I wrote about it to Todd on Twitter, but he just said he doesn't see it as one, and that's it... Which is nice, since now it could also mean it just focuses on the road of their 2 main characters, he kept it spoiler free and satisfying

Sadly, he works for VOX only, now.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #311
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It is among the best shows ever to really dig into thematically. Up there with Lost for dialogue. I watched the first maybe four seasons in binge form. I can understand the repetitiveness complaint, but I found the time jumps a huge help in that regard from season to season. And within season it was the character arcs that kept me going episode to episode. And there's some jumps in that too. I love how they just sort of drop you into these people's lives. You don't necessarily start at a meeting point or something, they just sort of start and let the audience pick up where the relationships are at any given moment.

I also read Molly Lambert, but I thought she wasn't really working at Grantland anymore since last season. I loved her stuff on most topics. I also love Greenwald, although I disagree with him more often, and I have found that he seems to get close to production people and becomes unfairly defensive about their shows. I know he did set visits and good pieces on both Homeland and The Bridge, and he hung on to Homeland waayy too long, and continued to defend The Bridge right to the end, while completely bashing The Killing, when the gap between the shows wasn't nearly what he was implying, and watched and liked both.

Mark Lisanti does those Mad Men power rankings on Grantland, and they're great. It cracks me up that Don has never not been number one.

I don't read any other TV review stuff, which is odd because I really enjoy well thought analysis on it. I've just never really known where to look. And I mostly read the Grantland stuff because I read Grantland almost every day.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #312
ZeN
Shaved Bearded Ladies

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thorp you ate definitely right about Greenwald. He was often speaking well of The Bridge and how he likes the creator. Said the show had solid portions. Yet, the truth is completely the opposite. The Bridge is really a mess and it's direction is sloppy and the writing is as poor as it gets. Greenwald just seems to be close to the creatives behind it, so he keeps on pushing a wishful thinking narrative.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #313
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

The last Mad Men power rankings was hilarious with the intro comparing Roger to Napoleon and Jesus and Lisanti was still like "nope Don is still the resident alpha."
Old 03-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #314
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

This show is so damn flawless

On to season 3 tomorrow (its passed midnight so actually just later after school)..
Old 03-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #315
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

Soo.. what happened to Duck?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: