Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #31
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MAD MEN series discussion

Just finished season 3, awesome ending! Can't wait to get caught up on Season 4. I saw a couple episodes already AMC, the one where Sally runs away and another half of one where Peggy and Petes wife are in the bathroom together... Anyhow, This show provides a gap that has been missing for me since the Shield ended. I thougth flashforward would fill it but they canned that. Thanks to Black Joker for encouraging me to watch this and get past the first few episodes that almost did me in.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #32
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Just finished season 3, awesome ending! Can't wait to get caught up on Season 4. I saw a couple episodes already AMC, the one where Sally runs away and another half of one where Peggy and Petes wife are in the bathroom together... Anyhow, This show provides a gap that has been missing for me since the Shield ended. I thougth flashforward would fill it but they canned that. Thanks to Black Joker for encouraging me to watch this and get past the first few episodes that almost did me in.

Yeah, just a heads up. Season 4 feels so much more different. That last episode from season 3 preludes to the drastic, yet subtle change in the office that you'll see in season 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper
Change is neither good nor bad, it simply is.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

no prob
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #34
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.hulu.com/watch/40972/satu...-drapers-guide
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #35
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

When in doubt, don't say anything
Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #36
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I've never seen that. Basically be Don Draper
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #37
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This season it seems that Don's drinking/smoking/womanizing is starting to take its toll. The ep where he wins the Clio and sleeps with one woman and wakes up in bed with another, losing a whole day in between, was wild.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #38
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

I've never seen that. Basically be Don Draper
i seriously just pulled the be very vague about yourself and past like two seconds ago..
Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #39
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/madmenyourself/

get ready for today's episode
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This season it seems that Don's drinking/smoking/womanizing is starting to take its toll. The ep where he wins the Clio and sleeps with one woman and wakes up in bed with another, losing a whole day in between, was wild.

That was pretty crazy. First he wakes up and asks who the woman next to him is, then tells his wife he will pick up the kids on Sunday when it is in fact Sunday, and then learns he stole an idea from a complete shmuck and sold it to a client.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #41
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

primed and ready. hopefully pete gets a piece of the plot pie this week, trudy should be pretty far along.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Anyone else going to miss ida blanketship? I thought the 5-10 sec conversations betweens her and don were always hilarious.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #43
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy shit.

That was a drama filled episode. Don owes Pete an enormous favor. I lol'd when Lane got hit with the cane. I wonder wtf will happen with the firm without their main account.

Oh, and did I mention Megan is smoking.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 09-26-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #44
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Crazy episode. Can't believe Roger is going to stoop so low now, he's usually a winner. Same with Lane...Feel bad for him. I lol'd at the cane hit but lets get real, stepping on his hand and making him say sir was pretty annoying. Lane is the man!! At least to me.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #45
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

out of all the shit hitting the fan, the roger/lee garner lucky strike breakup was probably my favorite scene. well acted by john slattery, and i'm surprised he held together as well as he did, since that was his lifeline at SCDP.

got a good dose of pete and trudy (what a nightgown), and it didn't surprise me at all that he covered for draper. he's out for himself, but he's become less weaselly about it in the past season and a half.

overall it was a very good episode; i've really had trouble finding faults in the show in the past 5-6 episodes. the "why do you have to be so damn dashing" line by lane's girlfriend made me cringe due to her delivery, but i think i can give that a pass.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: