Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Was trading for Eddy Curry a mistake?

Was getting Curry, and paying him that money, a mistake?

So far he can score down low but can't do anything else
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Yeap pretty much so. Could be very much the Shaq on offence, but a huge liablity on everything else. Too add to that, his health has also been a concern.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

I think Chad Ford got this one right when he said that this trade may be the worst trade in the history of the NBA. The Knicks got an overrated, overpaid, overweight, guy with a bad heart who cant rebound, pass, defend, or get into shape and gave the Bulls thier pick this year (which is the #2 pick) and the Bulls can swap with the Knicks for next years pick as well. Considering if the Knicks stink it up next year they could finish bad enough to wear the Bulls could end up with Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, or Joakim Noah! Somebody needs to shoot Isiah!

Maybe instead of doing all this for Eddy Curry, maybe they could have just signed thier first round pick from 1999, Frederick Weis instead! hahahaha
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

2nd coming of the Joe Barry Carroll for McHale and Parrish deal.

Only big difference is that Carroll could actually play a bit. Curry is a 6'11' softie that couldn't even pull down double-digit rebounds as a highschooler.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i dont think its a mistake. physically he got it but mentally he dont have it. once he gets it mentally WATCH OUT. even the great scootie pippen said he could be better then shaq. and plus hes only 23 years old . and he only played like 25 minutes a game. because no matter what u say about curry when u watch him play he always command the double team sometimes triple teams.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

We could of had a chance for Aldridge or Bargini, and probably have a lottery pick in what is considered to be a strong draft next year - yep we got *****.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

If the Knick either force LArry Brown to get his act together or just fired him and let Isiah Thomas take over it won't be a mistake.

I only wish Thomas didn't bend to David Stern pressure to get the trade finalized. He should have held out and dealt with the embarrassment of having CHI say they turned down the deal on second thought.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i dont think its a mistake. physically he got it but mentally he dont have it. once he gets it mentally WATCH OUT. even the great scootie pippen said he could be better then shaq. and plus hes only 23 years old . and he only played like 25 minutes a game. because no matter what u say about curry when u watch him play he always command the double team sometimes triple teams.

I've seen written about him now for the past 5 years. And I have yet to see him come remotely close to 'getting it'.

Stats don't lie

Career averages of 12 and 5 for a center of his size is pathetic. 0.5 assist and 2 turnovers a night is pitiful. He's 7 ft, 300 pounds and he doesn't even average a block a game. His 'breakout' season of 2 years ago had him put up the numbers of a small forward, and he basically shared playing time with his bust brother Chandler.

And I hate to tell Knick fans this, but his minutes will never be high. He has a high foul-rate, and his stamina has always been an issue. It could be related to his heart condition or the fact that he is a fatass, I don't know. What I do know is that his lack of motivation and effort is unparalled. It's so bad that Skiles suggested that the first thing he could do to play better would be to 'jump' more often.

Isiah doesn't want to admit it, but he screwed up bad on this one. The Bulls got more for Baby Benoit Curry than the Raptors did for Vince Carter, and just as much if not more than the Lakers got for Shaq.

It's the kind of trade that will have Knick fans talking about how bad it was 20 years from now.

I'm still thinking about how stupid Krause was for trading Brand. This deal has the potential to be 2 times as bad as that one.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

If it wasn't for the two draft picks it wouldn't have been too bad. This year's draft isn't that good so it's not like we missed out to badly on that one. It's next year's pick that's the problem. Curry can be good. He's still very young and has the ability to become a much better player. It's not like he's Jerome James.

In the end it all comes down to this season. If we manage to play alright and either make the playoffs or become the 11th or 12 worst team in the league and chicago get high lottery than it's a pretty even trade. If chicago get a top 3 pick out of it next year it becomes the worst trade in history.

All in all it's just too early to tell. Ask this question again next year
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Maybe Isiah knew that we would need the year to gel under LB's system. He knew that the '06 draft wasn't too strong and that the '07 one was. He decided to trade this year's pick and swap next year's maybe because he thinks we will be better the second year in Brown's system. Maybe he's got a big trade up his sleeve that brown will like very much. Who knows but Curry is still young and he can improve. He's about as old as some of the players in the '06 draft.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Why is it after all this idiocy the Knicks front office has committed that fans still believe they are one just brilliant move away from being great? IT AINT HAPPENING!
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

Why is it continuous that Knicks fans are always bashing the team because of a losing record. Shut your trap if you don't have anything nice to say about your "favorite" team. Switch to the Heat because they are actually winning. If you're a real fan, don't doubt them just think that they can do better because you don't know and I don't know if they'll be better or worse for the years to come. If you don't like the management or the coaching, just leave. Go to a team that you can depend on. All I know is that I will stay with the Knicks and bleed orange and blue for the rest of my life.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

it was a bad trade because youve given another team control of your draft board for multiple years. eddie curry isnt a superstar and never will be. but the knicks gave the bulls a package that could have netted a higher caliber player.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #14
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

It was a horrible trade, but everything Isiah has done has been horrible.
The Jerome James signing was horrible.
Acquiring Richardson, Rose, Francis, and every other overpaid players they got was horrible.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:51 PM   #15
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

no one can answer this fully until the picks are made. in the end, chicago could end up with:

Bulls Trade:

Antonio Davis
Eddy Curry

Knicks Trade:

Michael Sweetney
Tim Thomas
2007 and 2009 2nd round picks
LaMarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

The possibilities are endless. could be Adam Morrison and Jakim Noah for eddy curry. should be fun to watch as the years pass by.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: