Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
blakdes
I airball my layups

Default blah @ curry

How are u 7feet and only post 5 boards a game. Thats just ridiculous.
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #17
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

I think the jury is still out on whther the Curry trade was a mistake. We have to see the picks that Chicago gets and see if Curry ca ndevelop into something.

Of his biggest problems, #3 is the rebounding. Not hard to get a rebounder to fill that void. Evans will be available for that role. His biggest problems are aggressiveness and b-ball IQ.

On aggressiveness, I beleive Curry can score down low whenever he wants - more specifically - whenver he sets up, holds position, catches the ball and makes a move to the basket. He just doesn;t do it enough, or his guards don;t get him the ball enough. Whichever it is, its not enough.

On b-ball IQ, being able to score down-low is great. It draws attention and opens things up on the perimeter. Its only helpful (SAR, Fizer, Mo'Taylor, and a host of other low-post black holes), if you leasrn to read the defense and find the open perimeter player. Curry has never developed that skill.

To be fair, Shaq was only pretty good at it in Orl. and he was only good when the double team came directly at him and he was staring the open shooter in the face. Shaq became great at it in LA.

If Curry can learn to do these two things - aggressively set up and find the open man - the trade will not be a mistake (depending on who the Bulls get, of course.)
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

I am a Knicks fan, but the Knicks seriously f**ed up here. Curry is definetly a good player once he develops some form of defense, but if the Bulls get Greg Oden then I will go kill Isaih Thomas myself. This is just another reason why the Knicks NEED to make the playoffs. It will keep them out of the draft lottery, and it will keep the Bulls from getting Greg Oden.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 AM   #19
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

curry is better then the #2 pick
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #20
houselog442
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
curry is better then the #2 pick

umm, i dont think so, but if you think that way, thats fine. Only problem is they swapped picks next year, so if the knicks stink it up, the bulls could get a player like eddy curry, or joakim noah and both of them are 10 times the player eddy curry is!
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: