Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: F1 2010

Found one yesterday. Haven't tried it. Looking forward to racing with some of you.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #17
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Having a lot of fun with it!

I'm looking forward to giving Career Mode a real go, though after 2 quick go's, I find Hard level way too easy, and Expert level pretty hard.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was going to buy this game, but there is a rumor that the AI is faked in this game. What I mean is, the cars you see going around the track, have nothing to do with the times posted. So, essentially what is happening is the game is generating random AI vehicles when you get into range to serve as obstacles, but the times posted after every race are made up, and have no relation to the cars on the track. For a race enthusiast this unacceptable, and if true, it's sad they would cut corners like that.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 AM   #19
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I was going to buy this game, but there is a rumor that the AI is faked in this game. What I mean is, the cars you see going around the track, have nothing to do with the times posted. So, essentially what is happening is the game is generating random AI vehicles when you get into range to serve as obstacles, but the times posted after every race are made up, and have no relation to the cars on the track. For a race enthusiast this unacceptable, and if true, it's sad they would cut corners like that.

Unfortunately, the head developer, or whatever his title is confirmed that the AI in qualifying is faked. Hugely disappointing. They claim that during the race the AI times aren't faked either, but people have been doing in-game tests, and some are saying that is also fake.

I'm starting to strongly dislike the game now. Every single one of my qualifying laps at Melbourne was ruined thanks to retarded and slow AI, who simply refuse to move from the racing line, and even try to battle you into corners sometimes. There is no blue flag system in place at all in this game, and it's very unfair, and means I'm starting the next race dead last, when I had the pace to be comfortably into Q2.

One time I got shunted into the gravel by Sutil who just refused to move from the racing line, like I wasn't even there, and another time I had to shove di Grassi off the track down the straight, just so I could get a normal line into Turn 3... it's pathetic really.

Also, I slow down before the start of the lap to build a good gap between myself and the car in front, only to see about 4 cars at once come out of the pits EVERY SINGLE TIME I started my lap...

Don't forget about the damn pit bug as well. For those unaware of it, basically if you go into the pitlane at the same time as 4-5 or more other AI cars, once in your pitbox, your lollipop man will hold you in your box and let all the other cars get past you and won't let you leave until the pitlane is completely empty basically. It's ruined countless amount of races. The only real way around it pre-patch, is by pitting a lap later than what your engineer decides to set your strategy to. You can of course manually change it yourself, but still. No problems if you're in the pits with like only 1-2 other cars. It's just pathetic though.

The game is seriously broken, and requires a patch. Apparently one is forthcoming, but it may not be out for months.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #20
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm up to the 3rd round. This game is freezing a bit which screws me up, when I get to a corner. It's like I have no control at all, so when it stops freezing, I'm already off the track, which screws my qualifying up..

I can't believe they did that with the AI.. pretty disappointed about that..
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I haven't opened mine yet. Maybe a return is in order with all the new criticism.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #22
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I haven't opened mine yet. Maybe a return is in order with all the new criticism.

If you're not a hardcore F1 fan in the first place, still get it, it is a fun game. The cars are real fun to drive, even on a controller, don't get me wrong. Just as a very hardcore fan of the sport myself, I pick up on almost every single little bug that makes the game that bit more annoying for me. There will be a patch to fix some of the more obvious things coming out sometime anyway.

If you're just looking for a half arcade/half sim racing game, I do recommend it.

I just like my racing games a little more hardcore and realistic I guess.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
If you're not a hardcore F1 fan in the first place, still get it, it is a fun game. The cars are real fun to drive, even on a controller, don't get me wrong. Just as a very hardcore fan of the sport myself, I pick up on almost every single little bug that makes the game that bit more annoying for me. There will be a patch to fix some of the more obvious things coming out sometime anyway.

If you're just looking for a half arcade/half sim racing game, I do recommend it.

I just like my racing games a little more hardcore and realistic I guess.

I’m not a hardcore F1 or racing fan, but I like driving games. I like the opportunity to be able to drive an F1 game. Back in the day I had an F1 game on the genesis and loved it. I’ve tried a few here and there, but they were never too fun for me. I don’t mind it being half sim/arcade racer. So I still haven’t decided to open it, but I’m getting tempted.

For my arcade racer fix, I’ve already preordered Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

I’ve had every other Gran Turismo game….so I’ll probably pick that up too.

Damn, too many racers.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 09-30-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #24
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

I never opened my game and traded it in for a new copy of Castlevania. I donít regret it cause Iím enjoying Castlevaniaís lengthy quest. Still, I canít stop thinking that I still wanna play F1 2010Ö.especially now that Gran Turismo 5 got delayed. Might have to pick it up again.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now that GT5 is delayed I may buy this game. Might get new Need for Speed instead. Maybe I'll just get both.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

This game is incredibly fun with my setup. Definitely more 'arcadey' than GT5, but the physics still feel tight, and the illusion of speed and racing is there. The rain effects are sweet and I'm finally getting to use my paddle shifters (they don't work on GT5 Prologue).

I'm still trying to get used to not hitting other cars. Sometimes when there are like 10 cars going into a turn it seems impossible. Also, these F1 cars handle more sharply than the GT5 cars, so I'm still struggling with cornering (no drifting through corners in this game heh).

Only played a couple hours but so far I'd give the game an 8/10 just for graphics, gameplay, and fun factor.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #27
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
This game is incredibly fun with my setup. Definitely more 'arcadey' than GT5, but the physics still feel tight, and the illusion of speed and racing is there. The rain effects are sweet and I'm finally getting to use my paddle shifters (they don't work on GT5 Prologue).

I'm still trying to get used to not hitting other cars. Sometimes when there are like 10 cars going into a turn it seems impossible. Also, these F1 cars handle more sharply than the GT5 cars, so I'm still struggling with cornering (no drifting through corners in this game heh).

Only played a couple hours but so far I'd give the game an 8/10 just for graphics, gameplay, and fun factor.

Nice breakdown of the game so far. I can't get this game out of my mind. I probably will own it soon.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Loving the career mode, and I really don't know shit about F1. I've completed 3 race weekends so far, and they were all challenging, and I've improved my performances each week. I'm playing on medium difficulty with everything realistic (tyres, gas, collision damage, etc.), and I feel like they set the objectives just about right (there are qualifying and race objectives each race).

I really like the whole "race weekend" feel. I start off by practicing and seeing how my times compare to the field. Then I move on to qualifying, which feels like a race in itself because of the qualifying objective, and then on to the race. I like how I don't feel like I have to win the race, to win. My best performace was last race where I finished in the points for the first time (7th).

I also like the "flashback" feature. It's essentially a do-over button if you spin out, or make a huge mistake. On my difficulty they give me 2 per race (with each race being 10-12 laps). I think this was an important tool to add, because there is nothing more frustrating than racing for 10 laps, only to have some guy run you off the course. It's also helpful in qualifying so you can really push it for better times.

Anyway, I'm loving the game. Remember that I'm not playing on an average setup though, so this may inflate my opinion of the game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: