Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default My Vick/Kolb rant plus more news

I'm on my phone so the rant will have to come later. I've got a whole essay for this shit and everyone just know ahead of time I don't agree with going with Kolb. But more news from Reids morning conference....he's not guaranteeing Kolb will be on the team past the trade deadline, says it would still be Kolb's job without the injury, and that its definitely Vick's job to keep.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Vick/Kolb rant plus more news

You're building this up like LeBron James. Better be epic.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Edit: I said going with Kolb I meant Vick
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kolb might not last till the deadline?! Talk about a change of heart
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow...what a mess that is in Philly

IMO it is really HORRIBLE idea to stick with Vick unless you are certain he can go to the post season and win (he can't)

you are forfeiting a 2-year investment that sat on the bench Rodgers style and your possible future...

Vick might be better than Kolb right now, but he clearly isn't the answer...Kolb "COULD" be the answer though...

this also sends a really horrible message to Kolb...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Prime, I'm not sure you should be casting aspersions about which QB's can and can't win in the playoffs.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Prime, I'm not sure you should be casting aspersions about which QB's can and can't win in the playoffs.
oh really, why is that?

you think that Vick can be BETTER than he was in Atlanta?...cause that is what he needs to be...the guy was/is a very unique talent but that type of QB isn't going to win a SB...Kolb is the type that "could" though in the future...

JMO...

or is that a shot at Romo? who won a game (against Philly) last year?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Vick might be better than Kolb right now, but he clearly isn't the answer...Kolb "COULD" be the answer though...

this also sends a really horrible message to Kolb...

sends a worse message to the whole team if they are forced to waste while we figure out if kolb COULD be the answer....

according to Reid and the front office and fans who were touting Kolb this offseason, kolb was already ready to take over the team... team wouldnt miss a beat... McNabb was inaccurate throwing balls at receivers feet.. No More! Kolb to the rescue.. his quick release and superb accuracy will be much better fit than mcChoke!

When reports came out of mini camp that kolb was throwing INTS, they said "wait till the preseason...he'll show you"

then when Kolb was stinkin it up in preseason, they said "preseason doesnt matter anyway, wait till real games start"

then you saw what happened on opening day, right? yeah...

the players dont wanna waste a season waiting on kolb to prove he belong in the big chair... I know Jackson doesnt, Im sure maclin doesnt... players play to win..

Right now the big chair fits Vick just fine so let him sit in it..... there's plenty of time to waste time on kolb later... he was already supposed to be ready..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont like Vick. So what if he tore up Greenbay for one half of a game and he barely beat the Detroit Lions? Vick will probably have a decent game against jacksonville too. After that the eagles face quality defenses in the Redkins and the Niners and these guys wont be fooled by Vicks flashy shennanigans.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
sends a worse message to the whole team if they are forced to waste while we figure out if kolb COULD be the answer....

according to Reid and the front office and fans who were touting Kolb this offseason, kolb was already ready to take over the team... team wouldnt miss a beat... McNabb was inaccurate throwing balls at receivers feet.. No More! Kolb to the rescue.. his quick release and superb accuracy will be much better fit than mcChoke!

When reports came out of mini camp that kolb was throwing INTS, they said "wait till the preseason...he'll show you"

then when Kolb was stinkin it up in preseason, they said "preseason doesnt matter anyway, wait till real games start"

then you saw what happened on opening day, right? yeah...

the players dont wanna waste a season waiting on kolb to prove he belong in the big chair... I know Jackson doesnt, Im sure maclin doesnt... players play to win..

Right now the big chair fits Vick just fine so let him sit in it..... there's plenty of time to waste time on kolb later... he was already supposed to be ready..
that is understandable but every QB has to go through growing pains...unless you are Ben or Brady...lol

it is extremely rare for a QB to come in his first year and light shit up...no one is ever going to see what this guy is capable of on the bench...

I SAW promise in Kolb just last year...he actually looks worse to me thise year, but we are only 2 f*ckin games in!!!

how an you have a change of hear that strong just two games into the season???
Old 09-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
that is understandable but every QB has to go through growing pains...unless you are Ben or Brady...lol

it is extremely rare for a QB to come in his first year and light shit up...no one is ever going to see what this guy is capable of on the bench...

like I said... this wasnt sold as rebuilding project.... this was sold as Kolb is ready NOW so lets see what we can get for D. McNabb... this part of the process was already supposed to be determined...

it is not what the front said it would be

Quote:
I SAW promise in Kolb just last year...he actually looks worse to me thise year, but we are only 2 f*ckin games in!!!

how an you have a change of hear that strong just two games into the season???

its more than just 2 games... like I said also, reports were coming since McNabb was traded that Kolb was struggling... we waited to see him in the preseason... he stunk... waited until the regular season.... still stinking...

and if you watch the games closely you'll see Kolb running out of the pocket when there is no pressure, missing reads that they say he should know, throwing up balloon passes into coverage...

He is obviously spooked by the pressure...

If you watched Vick vs the Lions you'll see the Lions brought the house like every other play... they were zero blitzing and bringing 7, 8 guys at a time.... Kolb cant handle all that.. Green bay wasnt even putting that much pressure on in comparison to what detroit threw at the team...
Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

yeah, Kolb has looked really bad, I have been watching...

it just isn't enough to judge imo...

not only that, but he is much younger and has a better chance at being a franchise QB than Vick...

Vick can't be a franchise QB at this point...

NOW when Vick has some struggling games (and he will) Kolb is going to be the name everyone in Philly is screaming for...

and Kolb is now in a possistion where he is probably wanting to demand a trade...

Reid basically just trashed a 2-year multi-million dollar investment over one f*ckin game...
Old 09-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Quote:
not only that, but he is much younger and has a better chance at being a franchise QB than Vick...

Kolb is 26.... Vick is 30 not a big difference

Vick could very well be franchise Qb at this point in his career...

Quote:
NOW when Vick has some struggling games (and he will) Kolb is going to be the name everyone in Philly is screaming for...

and Kolb is now in a possistion where he is probably wanting to demand a trade...

Reid basically just trashed a 2-year multi-million dollar investment over one f*ckin game...

Kolb is making 12 mill..... he has no resume.. no real clout anywhere but here... he be a fool to bite the hand that is currently employing him...

Like you said, Vick could struggle and Kolb be the man again.... that is much more likely than someone trading to make Kolb their #1 after the way he has played
Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I doubt its really over 1 game. Reid has seen Kolb's progression since last season (or lack thereof) and might have finally realized he doesn't have the stuff.

I was never that impressed with Kolb personally and even if they give him the chance I doubt he ever becomes the level of QB that can win the SBs. He might be the type of passer that can but he just doesn't have the skills/talent.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I dont like Vick. So what if he tore up Greenbay for one half of a game and he barely beat the Detroit Lions? Vick will probably have a decent game against jacksonville too. After that the eagles face quality defenses in the Redkins and the Niners and these guys wont be fooled by Vicks flashy shennanigans.
lol @ barely beating the lions.

He put the Eagles up 35-17 in the 4th. Not his fault special teams couldn't handle an onside kick.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: