Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
logandogg777
I Hit Open Layups

Default High School Recruiting

I am the owner of a recruiting business and I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about our services for recruiting high school student athletes into college. Many high school athletes and their parents donít understand how the recruiting process works. My goal is to educate families on the ins and outs of college recruiting. Many families feel that if their sons or daughters are good enough, college coaches will just find them. Thatís not how the process works. College coaches canít recruit you if they donít know about you and my job is to help you get that exposure to college athletic programs.

I take great pride in the work we do for the high school student athletes and their families.

Email: alwoods@woodsrecruiting.com
logandogg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

If Derrick Rose or Kyle Singler contact you, please advise them to go to Kansas. Thank you
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

If Derrick Rose goes to Kansas, A)he's stupid, and B)I might kill myself.

I don't think he'll end up at either Kansas or Illinois, actually; my guess is Louisville or Memphis.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Though I will say, with Demetri McCamey (not as good as Rose, but he's still REAL good and would be here 3-4 years instead of 1-2) saying Illinois would be his new favorite if/when we offer him a scholarship, that kinda takes the tension out of the Rose recruitment.

I'm actually in favor of offering McCamey unconditionally and whoever takes it first, takes it. If McCamey commits before Rose decides, then so be it. If Rose actually does want to come here and we miss out, I'm willing to live with that if we end up with McCamey. I'll happily live with that. What would be extremely hard to stomach would be if we don't offer McCamey while patiently waiting for Rose, and end up with neither.

Guys like Rose, Livingston, Scheyer (well...maybe not Scheyer), Collins...they're good enough that you have to go full-bore after them. But now we finally have a superb Plan B in place, which was missing with those guys.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
ThaKing
Decent playground baller

I agree that Illinois appears to be in a good situation by having a less talented player in the fold, in case it doesn't work out with Rose.I have also heard from numerous sources, that Rose's recruitment won't drag out(ala Darrel Arthur.) He is expected to announce by the end of the summer. I don't think there is a chance in hell that Rose or Singler comes to Kansas, but I'm not too upset about that. We have a great squad full of young guys and even though some of them will no doubt leave early, we still have very talented players that will be here for 4 years. But don't count Bill Self out on any kid.

As for the suicide watch: If Rose some how finds his way on campus in Lawrence, (following the foot steps of former great Illinois high stars Julian Wright, and Sherron Collins) I think suicide would be very appropriate.
ThaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree that Illinois appears to be in a good situation by having a less talented player in the fold
While it's true he isn't as talented as Rose...you coulda said the same thing about Deron Williams five years ago. Which is funny, because McCamey reminds me of Deron physically, and he's ranked almost exactly where Deron was ranked in high school (fringe of the Top 50...I think Rivals.com has him 51st).

Quote:
I have also heard from numerous sources, that Rose's recruitment won't drag out(ala Darrel Arthur.) He is expected to announce by the end of the summer.
Yeah, his brother has said for some time that they hope to have it done by August.

If by the grace of God he comes to Champaign, I'm ordering my 2008 Final Four tickets.

Quote:
I don't think there is a chance in hell that Rose or Singler comes to Kansas
I'd say that for Singler, because I'll be stunned if he doesn't go to Duke. I HOPE he goes to Duke, because they're going to turn up the heat on Evan Turner if Singler goes elsewhere. Even though we beat them out to get Gordon, I don't like to tussle with Duke in recruiting.

As for Rose, I wouldn't count Kansas out, but at this point, I wouldn't count anyone out. My guess remains 'Ville or Memphis, but Illinois, Kansas, maybe even Arizona wouldn't stun me. The reason is, no one really knows what he's thinking, where he's leaning. They've done a great job of keeping things under wraps.

Quote:
But don't count Bill Self out on any kid.
The thing with Self is, he's a great recruiter, but he isn't a quiet one. That's why, if I had to put together a list, I'd probably put Kansas 4th or 5th as far as where Rose is likely to end up. There's just been less buzz about Rose and KU than other schools.

But then again, Rose's recruitment has had such a tight lid on it....who knows.

Quote:
As for the suicide watch: If Rose some how finds his way on campus in Lawrence, (following the foot steps of former great Illinois high stars Julian Wright, and Sherron Collins) I think suicide would be very appropriate.
The only one that would really sting that much would be Wright. The reason we lost Sherron is because.....how should I word this.......we chose not to do business the way Anthony Longstreet's fat ass chose to do business. And I'll leave it at that. With Wright, I don't think Weber handled his recruitment very well. I think that was a wakeup call in the recruitment of big-time players for Weber.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #7
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Ummm....that last post was me, by the way. Not sure why I was logged out. We need to get rid of these unregistered posters.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Go Illinois!
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Unregistered

Default percy romeo miller

does anyone know where romeo miller is ranked in the class of 2008?
Old 07-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
basketballpro
Can barely lace up my sneakers

A good recruiter would get out and find these diamonds in the ruff for themselves. I know a kid that just transfered to Finnytown High School is going to be a top ten player in the state. His name is Von Wise. He is 6'5 and have all of the tools. You can start there.
basketballpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Alright, we get it, you're Von Wise.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #12
basketballpro

Default TheBadGame414

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Alright, we get it, you're Von Wise.
To answer your question, I am not Von Wise. But, I have forgotten more about basketball than you could ever learn from playing Playstation. I guess that you will be watching basketball games instead of playing them at a D1 school.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:06 AM   #13
grizzly

just I.P. check him.
grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
Marquis1489
I Hit Open Layups

Default help me get recruited

i live in germantown MD and i go to a division 2a school and if anybody know how to help me please contact me
Marquis1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
basketballpro

Default Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis1489
i live in germantown MD and i go to a division 2a school and if anybody know how to help me please contact me

What type of summer league play are you getting in. If you want to get recruited, you need to get people outside of the high school league play to see what you have to offer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: