Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
che guevara
Local High School Star

Default What will Lebron's game look like in Miami? (article)

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-in-miami.php

Thought this was an interesting article, and I haven't seen it posted here yet.

Quote:
Let's play a game. Forget that LeBron James' decision to join the Miami Heat via an hour-long ESPN special was one of the biggest PR disasters in recent memory. Forget everything about how James' choice to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami rather than stay in Cleveland or go to Chicago or New Jersey represented him taking "the easy way out." Forget about how some of LeBron's lackluster performances in the 2010 Eastern Conference Semifinals caused people to question if he's capable of performing in big games.

Forget about whether he's a man, the man, THE MAN, or whatever else on the Heat. I'm not saying those aren't legitimate concerns, because they are, and have been and will continue to be addressed on this website and many others.

All I'm asking is this: for however long it takes you to read this post, put aside your feelings about LeBron James, the man, and think of LeBron James as a basketball player. Because if you can compartmentalize LeBron's off-court behavior and his on-court performance, you'll find some things worth taking a look at.

For just a second, think of LeBron James as he is on the court. He's walked away with the past two NBA MVP awards, and he may be the most dynamic talent to ever play NBA basketball. And after seven years in Cleveland, he's going from a supporting cast made up of role players and fringe all-stars who only existed to support his gifts to playing with one MVP-caliber player, one All-NBA(maybe 2nd or 3rd team, but still) caliber player, and a series of highly capable role players surrounding the three of them. Forget LeBron's legacy for just a minute: how will LeBron's "superfriends" cause him to change his game? Let's take a look at some of the potential differences in LeBron's game next season...

Click on the link for the full article, and try to ignore trolls like Logo when they inevitably end up posting in here.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: What will Lebron's game look like in Miami? (article)

Good read. Though I don't think he'll be as ridiculously efficient as he projects, this is a sick stat

Quote:
According to Synergy Sports, LeBron took 125 field goal attempts off of a "cut" last season, and converted 101 of those attempts. That's an 81% conversion rate.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
B-Easy
Local High School Star

people dont realize .. Lebron had to work extra hard for every bucket since Mike Brown is a clueless offensive coach and they never had any other great passers.

They bring in Mo Williams .. and Lebron's efficiency goes up ...he was finally getting some baskets off-the ball and making cuts ..and getting dishes from Mo Williams

But realize, were talking about Mo Williams! ... Lebrons efficiency shot up playing with an average ball-handler and average passer.

Mike Miller can do anything Mo can do , and oh yeah .. we got D. Wade... Lebron is gonna have a monster season.

My guess is 24-9-9 54fg%
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
All Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
people dont realize .. Lebron had to work extra hard for every bucket since Mike Brown is a clueless offensive coach and they never had any other great passers.

They bring in Mo Williams .. and Lebron's efficiency goes up ...he was finally getting some baskets off-the ball and making cuts ..and getting dishes from Mo Williams

But realize, were talking about Mo Williams! ... Lebrons efficiency shot up playing with an average ball-handler and average passer.

Mike Miller can do anything Mo can do , and oh yeah .. we got D. Wade... Lebron is gonna have a monster season.

My guess is 24-9-9 54fg%

Those numbers wouldn't SHOCK me but think it's unlikely.

Only thing I don't see is the 54% FG..as good as Lebron is I think that kind of % simply won't happen in the league now for permeter players.

I see more like

26, 7 and 8 on 51%
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
Aye Dee
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Those numbers wouldn't SHOCK me but think it's unlikely.

Only thing I don't see is the 54% FG..as good as Lebron is I think that kind of % simply won't happen in the league now for permeter players.

I see more like

26, 7 and 8 on 51%

Those are still MVP caliber numbers, but i think the 54% are more likely than the 26 pts a game IMO since he's playin with 2 other dominant players...I think he should have to be around 23 pts a game for the Heat to be a championship caliber team! Actually i think Bosh should be the leading scorer for them to be succesful! IMO of course...
Aye Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
All Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Dee
Those are still MVP caliber numbers, but i think the 54% are more likely than the 26 pts a game IMO since he's playin with 2 other dominant players...I think he should have to be around 23 pts a game for the Heat to be a championship caliber team! Actually i think Bosh should be the leading scorer for them to be succesful! IMO of course...

I don't see any reason why Lebron and Wade don't both average 26 with Bosh on around 17, Miller 10
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

An 81% conversion rate off of a cut is pretty crazy. Given the fact that Wade will draw a double at time, I'm sure we will see many more passes to a cutting LeBron to the rim. Good luck defending that.

Forget stats, I want to see him truly develop his game and take it to the next level. As in, not playing PG but playing off the ball and working on coming off screens ready for the pass for a jumper. If he get's that going, imagine the open looks it will get everyone else. IDK...this team is so versatile it's not even funny.

I wanna see what their practice looks like, though. Someone on here said that his shot was looking better or something. I wanna see that. If they are playing to play small, I wonder what his footwork and post game is going to look like. Basically, it's a win win for Miami if he really starts to expand his game. At worst, his post game isn't too reliable but his strength will cause a double and force him to pass---which we know he can do.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:43 AM   #8
Aye Dee
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I don't see any reason why Lebron and Wade don't both average 26 with Bosh on around 17, Miller 10

The only thing i have a problem with is Lebron and Wade havent had any success with their post players lately and it hasnt worked...So i dnt see why Bosh's scoring numbers will go down when post points are the easiest!!! if anything,Lebron or Wade are gonna have to sacrifice more than Bosh...if he is consistent on his rebounds, his numbers are gonna be there no matter what! Lebron and Wade are gonna have to fight for their numbers more than Bosh IMO because Bosh can score more easily they can off the boards!
Aye Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #9
evilmonkey
Banned

Lebron could become the 2nd in NBA history to average a triple double with this team sooner or later... probably not a 30 point triple double ofcourse, but a 20, something around 22-25 ppg, 7-10 rpg, 8-11 apg seems reasonable.

He will have max 25 - 10 - 11
He will have minimum 22 - 7 - 8
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #10
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

I'm surprised he isn't 98% off the cut, I swear he just jumped straight up in the air and scored it every time.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #11
evilmonkey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I'm surprised he isn't 98% off the cut, I swear he just jumped straight up in the air and scored it every time.

Its no wonder... i mean, take a look at his cuts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWi8Ds2RoE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8

He can put his chest inside the rim lol
Old 09-23-2010, 03:04 AM   #12
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

The ****ed up part about LeBron is that I bet he never works on his hops.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:13 AM   #13
evilmonkey
Banned

Thats why so many coaches are confused to how to officially use Lebron offensively....

If he wasnt such a finisher, scorer of the ball then he would be a 100% PG a la Magic Johnson...

If he wasnt such a passer, ballhandler at that size then he would 100% be used as a strict Finishing/Scoring Wingman like Dominique Wilkins or something...

But now he is in between... its not easy... you would limit one or the other skillset of his.

Or you can do like Cavs, like Mike Brown, thats the easy way out like: "Just give the damn ball to Lebron and get outta the way!"

In Heat he can afford to limit it up, go as a facilitator or the scorer of the ball.

Last edited by evilmonkey : 09-23-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
B-Easy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonkey
Its no wonder... i mean, take a look at his cuts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWi8Ds2RoE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8

He can put his chest inside the rim lol

sad thing is , people think hes not a good off-the ball-player

..thats why hell never be fully a PG like Magic .. hes too dangerous running around w/o the ball and now has guys that can get it to him
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #15
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

26 ppg, 10 apg, 7 rpg. (53 FG%)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: