Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default So what should the Suns lineup be next season?

If everyone is healthy, what should the starting give be?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amare
Marion
Diaw
Bell
Nash
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:22 AM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

you're wrong, Amare shouldn't play Center, Diaw is comfortable in the Center spot, let him play Center and Marion can move down to SF, and when the team meets another team with a big center, AMare can help out or they can use Kurt Thomas... :)
and fyi, they maybe moving Barbosa into the starting line-up...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im sorry, I should have put the positions next to their name.
F Amare
F Marion
C Diaw
G Bell
G Nash

and where did you hear that they'd start Barbosa?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

some random suns website... forgot... but through the few games that Barbosa played taking over Bell, he played extremly well, Barbosa is a more all-around scorer, Bell may be a better defender, but offensively, he can only shoot the 3, maybe when the opposing team has a strong SG, like the Lakers with Kobe (so Bell can clothesline him again! ) or like the Hawks with JJ, Bell can play starter... we'll see...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

I think it might help his confidence to start and maybe get him going like he is capable of. hopefully it plays out, Raja off the bench could help our bench too.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
Abruzzi
I brick open layups

Abruzzi has an OK reputation so far

Good lookin line up, allthough like wally world said Barbosa starting would be better, and putting Bell as the starter if the other team has a better sg.
Abruzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:05 AM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

They have so many options next season it's sick. I think it'll be a matchup type situation with the Suns. They can go small

Nash
Bell
Marion
Amare
Diaw

Or they can go a little bigger and tougher

Nash
Bell
Marion
Amare
Thomas

I don't really care for Barbosa starting over Bell. I think Leandro is better suited playing the opponents second unit. He can be a huge spark off the bench. I feel that Bell has earned his stripes, and that he brings a little more to the team than Barbosa.

P.S. I saw Barbosa yesterday at Nordstrom where my wife works. I got to talk to him for a few minutes. He's a really cool guy.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #9
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

im a wolves fan(and no one posts on the wolves board), but the suns are my second fav team, mostly b/c of barbosa and diaw.

i think, if amare comes back, the suns should win 60+ games and defintely be the favorite to win it all next year.

nash/house
bell/barbosa
marion/jones
stoudemire/thomas
diaw/grant
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #10
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Suns have 2 picks as well this draft, and 2 next draft!
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
MK2V1GP im a wolves fan(and no one posts on the wolves board), but the suns are my second fav team, mostly b/c of barbosa and diaw.

i think, if amare comes back, the suns should win 60+ games and defintely be the favorite to win it all next year.

nash/house
bell/barbosa
marion/jones
stoudemire/thomas
diaw/grant

don't forget Kurt Thomas! i think they should trade House away for Brevin Knight... we'll see... i like their chances though if everyone is healthy...
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #12
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
don't forget Kurt Thomas! i think they should trade House away for Brevin Knight... we'll see... i like their chances though if everyone is healthy...
That would be nice, but the Cats dropped House last year, so I don't think that would happen.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #13
DaKine
I Hit Open Layups

DaKine has an OK reputation so far
Cool Suns starters

Don't forget that Amare asked for KT so that he wouldn't have to bang away with the big guys. With a surgically repaired knee, he is probably even less inclined to want to do that for a season.

Diaw did a nice job against some not so great centers, but we still got badly outrebounded and outscored inside. Amare will change that, but KT will be the starting center, if he doesn't get traded. Diaw will come in with Barbosa when Nash goes out because Barbs doesn't set up the others.

I would trade (not give away) Barbs or Jones for a good backup PG.
DaKine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 AM   #14
tydal
I airball my layups

tydal has an OK reputation so far
Default Ideal Line up based on Playoffs

Based on the success of their playoff run

1st Unit
C: Stoudamire
PF: Tim Thomas (assuming he resigns)
SF: Marion
SG: Bell
PG: Nash

2nd Unit
C: Kurt Thomas
PF: Diaw
SF: Jones
SG: House
PG: Barbosa

Boris Diaw: I see him backing up 4/5/3, this would allow him to develop his all around game more and his ability to play multiple positions as well as pass makes him the key to the suns 2nd unit.

Bell and Thomas will Ideally be on the 1st unit, maximizing Amare's effectiveness by stretching the floor with their 3 point shooting.
tydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 AM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Based on the success of their playoff run

1st Unit
C: Stoudamire
PF: Tim Thomas (assuming he resigns)
SF: Marion
SG: Bell
PG: Nash

2nd Unit
C: Kurt Thomas
PF: Diaw
SF: Jones
SG: House
PG: Barbosa

Boris Diaw: I see him backing up 4/5/3, this would allow him to develop his all around game more and his ability to play multiple positions as well as pass makes him the key to the suns 2nd unit.

Bell and Thomas will Ideally be on the 1st unit, maximizing Amare's effectiveness by stretching the floor with their 3 point shooting.

Tim Thomas in starting line-up when STAT returns???!!! Nah...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: