Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Default What's the plan for the future?

This team is headed in the right direction. It has a future superstar in John Wall and good players around him in (Arenas, Hinrich, McGee, Blatch, etc..) Leonsis' plan to build through the draft was one that I really liked but I wonder if that is what they will continue to do. If they do, should they look to trade Arenas and rebuild slowly. Or pick up solid players and chase Carmelo(don't really want him) or anyone else in the future. What do you guys think? What should the Wizards do starting now?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
scott0326
National High School Star

Default Re: What's the plan for the future?

I think we should keep Arenas and see if an Arenas/Wall backcourt could work. If it doesn't, then we trade Arenas. I think this next year is going to be a rebuilding year. However, with the current squad we have right now, I think we might be able to sneak into playoffs.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

If we r at .500 this year i would be satisfied. If the Wall/Arenas thing doesnt work out (which i dont think it will) then we need to find a way to get rid of arenas and pickup a goto scorer, that could eventually be a second guy (i was hoping rudy gay but he resigned wit Memphis) while we wait for John Wall to develop more. I also think that we need a good veteran big man to help mentor McGee, and turn him into a mega boss dwight howard kinda player. Like the OP i think that the wiz have all the tools to a bright future.

And maybe the washington area will have more than one good team in a year, in a couple of years
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

i think Young has to shine this year. it really is put up or shut up time for him. if gilbert goes...he is the replacement shooting guard until they find another premiere go to guy but what happens if Young develops into that kind of player for them?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
i think Young has to shine this year. it really is put up or shut up time for him. if gilbert goes...he is the replacement shooting guard until they find another premiere go to guy but what happens if Young develops into that kind of player for them?
Young needs to improve his defense. His offense can be really good though
Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
scott0326

I'm not a big fan of Young, he ball hogs to much. if you pass him the ball you can almost guarantee hes going to shoot it,
Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Young has been bad, but he could improve, the talent is there.

I think Arenas will work great with Wall, but if not, I think a trade for Vince Carter or Rashard lewis would make sense. You might have to take Duhon back as well(not til Dec 15th though).

Blatche is a starting PF in this league and I like Mcgee, though I'm not sure he is a starting C. Sounds like Seraphin is coming this year? I think you guys will really like him. He's a tough SOB and a good backup/compliment to Blatche. They need to find a C with more size and strength to team with Mcgee. Not a ton out there though. They'll need a SF too, Thornton and Howard are short term solutions(at best).

Last edited by Nastradamus : 08-04-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

But the Wizards eventually got to go chase a FA. If they keep Arenas, they won't have a high enough draft pick. They could build surrounding pieces. Is it possible they could get a FA to put them over the top?
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
But the Wizards eventually got to go chase a FA. If they keep Arenas, they won't have a high enough draft pick. They could build surrounding pieces. Is it possible they could get a FA to put them over the top?

FAs will want to play with Wall and even Arenas if he has a good season. Both attract talent IMHO, as a top PG can make you look better and Arenas has a charismatic personality. Blatche is a knucklehead, but has star talent and Mcgee reminds me of Tyson Chandler. Maybe you can sign a stud SF next year and fill in the rest with role players. Caron Butler? Lol. Prince will also be out there and not sure who else. You can probably get a guy with a big contract like Iguodala,Deng or maybe Granger. All would fit well. Boris Diaw is another option or maybe Marvin Williams. You'll have a likely lottery pick and you shoul d be able to find a solid player there.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
scott0326

Id love if we could acquire Granger, a few white guys should get it done considering what it appears Bird is trying to do in Indiana.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #11
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

I have a lot of confidence in McGee to become a premier center. He put on some weight this summer and if he continues to gain some and gets himself to 280-290, and works on his fundamentals (which playing with team USA will help with) than in a year or two he could be a dominate center. Plus when u have a great pg (wall) controlling the offense thatll help him out.

And about Young he can be good on defense if he really puts his mind to it. I remember when we played the heat this year we threw Mike Miller, and Deshawn Stevenson at d wade and they could slow him down, but the next game we played them we put young on dwade and he only had 13 pts (i think).
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #12
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Granger is a force...it would be ideal to get him in a trade of some sort.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Granger is a really good player. He could work very well with Wall and Arenas. If we have to give up Arenas for Granger, I'd do it. However, having the 3 would be good. This would give this team a bunch of scorers. Defense would have to be the priority of McGee and Blatche. Wall could set these players up easilly and he is a good defender.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

I like how this team is coming along in rebuilding. I like the frontline with McGee and Blatche. Its a toss up with Josh Howard, Al Thornton, or Nick Young at SF. Then its the backcourt of Wall and Arenas and if they can coexist and if the Wizards can make the playoffs. John Wall is now face of the franchise and it eventually the Wizards are going to try to trade Gilbert Arenas. Its some good SG's that will be coming out of college. So whenever the Wizards get ready to get move Gilbert that can draft his replacement.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: