Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default ???? Bye-Bye Augustin ????

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...ade-talks.html

Augustin might be part of trade talks

I hear if this four-team trade scenario involving the Charlotte Bobcats comes to pass, D.J. Augustin might also be on the way out.

One source -- and not one connected to the Bobcats, so take this as less than certain -- said Augustin would go to the New Jersey Nets and Diaw would go to the Utah Jazz as part of that mega-deal intended to bring Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey.

Here's what I've heard, and take it for granted this is a work-in-progress that might never be consummated:

Anthony ends up a Net, as does Augustin. Devin Harris, as you've already heard, would end up a Bobcat, presumably their starting point guard. I'm also told, for some technical reason, the Bird rights to free agent Jarvis Hayes might move from the Nets to the Bobcats. Derrick Favors and Andrei Kirilenko end up in Denver and Quinton Ross ends up with the Jazz.

If your reaction to all this is, "Wow, that's a lot of moving parts,'' then your reaction is the same as mine. These complex multi-team/multi-player deals are hard to pull off, and this one has an added complication: Everything hinges on convincing Anthony to commit to a reconfigured Nets roster for the long haul. There's no way Billy King gives up so much unless he has Anthony under a contract extension as part of the deal.

But as far as giving up Augustin in a deal that acquires Harris, I'd say Shaun Livingston can be a solid backup and Augustin might deserve a fresh start in New Jersey. That would certainly be preferable to Livingston and Augustin fighting it out for backup minutes.

Stay tuned.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: ???? Bye-Bye Augustin ????

Well, Devin Harris will be a darned sight better than Augustin, anyway. I really do hate the thought of our being in the gutter in the S.E. division.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

We're still better than Washington. I'll believe this trade when it comes through, seems too complicated for the league to do right now.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I don't know if this deal will work but I do know if DJ isn't better than last season he'll either be traded or benched.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't know if this deal will work but I do know if DJ isn't better than last season he'll either be traded or benched.

I read somewhere that if this deal does go through that DJ won't be included.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

4=team deal is dead.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...g-anthony.html
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

I know the deal is dead, but its weird that they wouldn't include Augustin. They'd have Harris and Livingston at that point and Collins is fine for a #3.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I know the deal is dead, but its weird that they wouldn't include Augustin. They'd have Harris and Livingston at that point and Collins is fine for a #3.

Livingston's already having problems with his knee the first day into camp. Speaking of which we now have 4 PGs in camp with DJ, Livingston, Collins and Crittendon.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus

Perhaps LB doesn't believe Harris can be his floor general. LB typically prefers the likes of Jason Kidd or Chris Paul, but obviously the chance of getting any of them is a million light years away.

Harris is not known for a steady passer and tends to hold on to the ball himself, especially since his days with the Nets require him to be a scorer.

I'd say LB has confidence in himself to be able to "educate" and "metamorph" Augustin.
And there's no reason to not give Aug a chance to play 30 minutes a game.

Right...Aug is the start codon...
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: