Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fable III

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Oh man there were some campaigns on Hardended that stressed me out. One comes to mind is Heart of Reich I believe. There is a part where you gotta blow up these guns. I literally had to look on youtube for a guide and even that didnt help me that much.

By far the toughest of all the COD games to beat on Hardened but very rewarding and a feeling of satisfaction. So you dont have Sho No Numa or Der Riese?

yea man. I can't imagine Veteran. I still have to go back and clear it on vet. The Heart of Reich level was brutal. I had managed to clear the 1st 2 guns no issues, after that it took me like 30 tries to clear the last 2 before that last level. I thought that part was harder than taking the Reichstag or whatever it was at the end. The part I had the most frustration on in the entire game though was the last mission in Okinawa where you had the flamethrower and you had to clear out the tunnels. I kept getting 1 shot over and over and over and I had to stop playing.

And nah the only map I have that doesn't come in the case is Makin Day, because it was a free download. I think next week I'm going to get some more points and buy the 2000 pt map bundle to get them all. I would have it by now but I bought The Passing for L4D2, it was half off the other day.

Back to Fable though, the 2nd wasn't nearly as good as the 1st. But where the story was lacking I still had fun just dicking around in town, trying to keep my wives and children from meeting each other in the same town . The mini-games were a bit boring but I didn't mind it at all. I think this game will be a big improvement even if it wasn't that long since Fable 2. I actually think this new contact system to influence people will work well. And followers instead of gathering those annoying orbs could be a good change (although sometimes I would get stuck in my house from all the people following me around with hearts, that was incredibly annoying ).

Last edited by clipse026 : 10-04-2010 at 05:47 PM.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I cant wait to use my character on Fable 2 for this one! Real geek-ish but whatever. Only time I can go back to being a kid since those years are long and gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
yea man. I can't imagine Veteran. I still have to go back and clear it on vet. The Heart of Reich level was brutal. I had managed to clear the 1st 2 guns no issues, after that it took me like 30 tries to clear the last 2 before that last level. I thought that part was harder than taking the Reichstag or whatever it was at the end. The part I had the most frustration on in the entire game though was the last mission in Okinawa where you had the flamethrower and you had to clear out the tunnels. I kept getting 1 shot over and over and over and I had to stop playing.

And nah the only map I have that doesn't come in the case is Makin Day, because it was a free download. I think next week I'm going to get some more points and buy the 2000 pt map bundle to get them all. I would have it by now but I bought The Passing for L4D2, it was half off the other day.

Crap you said hardened. I completed everything on Veteran. My bad, that game stressed me out! I was so determined to beat it. Reaching a checkpoint was a sigh of relief! Crap you arent doing it on Veteran? Booo@u!

But if you do get the map packs let me know. I'll help you get the achievements for zombie maps (in map pack 2 and 3). I have all the achievements except 1. And yes that flame thrower mission was a pain in the f*cking ass. 1 shot kills, infinite grenades, everlasting spamming enemy if you dont advance. Oh man. Memories.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I cant wait to use my character on Fable 2 for this one! Real geek-ish but whatever. Only time I can go back to being a kid since those years are long and gone.

Crap you said hardened. I completed everything on Veteran. My bad, that game stressed me out! I was so determined to beat it. Reaching a checkpoint was a sigh of relief! Crap you arent doing it on Veteran? Booo@u!

But if you do get the map packs let me know. I'll help you get the achievements for zombie maps (in map pack 2 and 3). I have all the achievements except 1. And yes that flame thrower mission was a pain in the f*cking ass. 1 shot kills, infinite grenades, everlasting spamming enemy if you dont advance. Oh man. Memories.
Yea I was going to try a decent difficulty and before I knew it Hardened was a *****. I'll def go back and clear it on veteran though. Should be even more frustrating but at least I know a general strategy for each level. And yes I wish the game kept track of how many times you sprinted or threw back grenades on campaign. I ran back and forth dodging stuff so many times and I had to have thrown back at least 500 grenades . Everlasting enemies was the problem I had on that level. I ended up having to throw in smoke grenades and somehow getting the AI to run in there 1st and die for me and I finally made it through.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Game drops Tuesday. Anyone getting it? The latest trailor makes it feel like a damn movie. Looks good. I think I'll wait until xmas to get this game. With nba2k11, Red Dead Redemption DLC (zombies) and Call of Duty Black Ops like 2 weeks away. I'm gonna hold off.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #20
clipse026
Local High School Star

Definitely getting this one. As of right now it's the only new release I want this year. Loved the 1st, enjoyed the 2nd and I have hope that this one will blow the last one away.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Definitely getting this one. As of right now it's the only new release I want this year. Loved the 1st, enjoyed the 2nd and I have hope that this one will blow the last one away.

I hope they did away with the slow load time. Not only did that game make my machine work (noisy) but the loading felt like Ps2 at times.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #22
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
I hope they did away with the slow load time. Not only did that game make my machine work (noisy) but the loading felt like Ps2 at times.
I didn't even notice the noise, but I bought the slim 360 as my 1st xbox so It wasn't an issue. But the game definitely took it's time to load each zone and everything.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #23
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation

Just got a copy couple of hours ago. I don't know if it was released in US when I got it since I'm from Australia. Fable III is looking really good and extremely addictive. This is gonna be a problem because I have 2K11 as well so I have to switch games every now and then.
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #24
clipse026
Local High School Star

Going to go pick this up in a few. I tried to add you to my friends list Gobb but your shit is full lol. But once you get this and want to do some co-op let me know (and some of the other games we have in common).
Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

clipse add me again I'll delete someone. Didnt know I was full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m y t i n
Just got a copy couple of hours ago. I don't know if it was released in US when I got it since I'm from Australia. Fable III is looking really good and extremely addictive. This is gonna be a problem because I have 2K11 as well so I have to switch games every now and then.

Thats the problem for me. I'm playing nba2k11 and before I got this game a couple days prior purchased 2 DLC. Minivera Din for Bioshock 2 which is more single player (quite fun too) and The Sacrifice for Left 4 Dead 2. I have yet to go back to these 2 DLC especially Bioshock 2 (to finish it). If I get Fable 3? What the hell, then Call of Duty Black Ops is around the corner.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #26
clipse026
Local High School Star

yea I just bought 2k11 as well. Luckily this will be the last game purchase I make for a while, or at least until next year so I will be able to spread my time. Looks like they added some other downloadable stuff in the game case. Some kind of highlander outfit, tattoo, some potions and something to turn your dog into a red setter. And then I have the sword and tattoo from Gamestop. Took advantage of the 25% trade in bonus plus the new powerup card thing they have so I only paid 25$ for the game, getting rid of stuff I either finished or didn't want anymore on my ps3.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #27
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
clipse add me again I'll delete someone. Didnt know I was full.

Thats the problem for me. I'm playing nba2k11 and before I got this game a couple days prior purchased 2 DLC. Minivera Din for Bioshock 2 which is more single player (quite fun too) and The Sacrifice for Left 4 Dead 2. I have yet to go back to these 2 DLC especially Bioshock 2 (to finish it). If I get Fable 3? What the hell, then Call of Duty Black Ops is around the corner.

I have a similar problem. Trying to balance NBA2K11, Castlevania, and DJ Hero 2. Black Ops is gonna make things interesting….that’s if I get it.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #28
clipse026
Local High School Star

This looks very promising so far. I'm only 5 minutes in and there's already a major decision to be made. Probably bigger than anything you had to decide in Fable 2 lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #29
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation

Quote:
This looks very promising so far. I'm only 5 minutes in and there's already a major decision to be made. Probably bigger than anything you had to decide in Fable 2 lol.

Yeah making that decision was hard. I also like the atmosphere of the game so far. I can't really explain it but it feels a lot better than Fable II.
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #30
clipse026
Local High School Star

Yea I'm progressing along nicely and I already like this story better than the 2nd. Too bad I screwed up a 50 point achievement already. The one where you finish the game without getting knocked out. I was still learning some of the abilities and I got jumped .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: