Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Suggest a hobby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I am seriously considering buying a firearm. I've been wanting to for a long while now. The only thing that's stopping me is I'm not allowed to keep the weapon in my home, so I need to store it somewhere.

Do some ranges allow for safe storage? Can I pay for a locker or something?
a) why no gun? Felon in the house?

b) owning a gun isnt really a hobby.

Honestly, why not some league hockey or rec bball (something insidish). that or videoing upskirts at the mall and posting gifs here.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My mother just said no guns in the house. Which is understandable.

Book club doesn't really get me out of the house much, does it? And I'm pretty sure I'm not a middle aged woman going through menopause.

I hate hockey, and trust me, I've searched for rec leagues around here and there are no decent leagues within 30 miles. New Hampshire sucks.

And I wouldn't just "own" the gun. I would take it to the range on a weekly basis.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Honestly, why not some league hockey or rec bball (something insidish). that or videoing upskirts at the mall and posting gifs here.

A guy I know's dad did that at the mall, and got caught. Got in incredibly huge trouble, and I think some were underaged. He lost his job, went to jail for like 6 months and is on the sex offenders list
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #19
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Tennis (indoors if it's the winter)
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tennis is very fun! My lateral quickness is comparable to sludge, so, it would take all damn Winter to get in shape.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #21
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I've been dead-set on this bad-boy:

Ruger P345

Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Do you have a lot of money? Ideally, you'd get into something that can also make you money.

Learn how to fix electronics and other minor services like that you can put ads on Craigslist and Backpage and charge for; things like unlocking phones (very simple), repairing Ipod/iPhone screens (also very simple), and spyware removal. Actually, I don't even know if it counts as a hobby because you can learn how to do all 3 of those things from scratch in a few hours.

You could become an obsessive bodybuilder or weight lifter, maybe take on online course from those degree factories on something you could use later in life like Culinary studies.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #23
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bushcraft/Survivalism? Learn how to make fire, shelters, hunt, trap, tie knots etc..

http://www.youtube.com/user/wildernessoutfitters
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spelunking.

Very popular hobby amongst Carmen Sandiego cohorts.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

All of those are good suggestions, but I'm content with my financial situation right now. One thing I'd like to point out is that I want to try something completely foreign. I've been doing the "electronic" thing my whole life and it just seems completely boring to me now. I want nothing to do with it. No phones or spyware removal, or anything like that. Yes, I could make money, but it would just seem like I'm working rather than having fun, which is my intention.

List of things I've been thinking about for the past few months:

Buying a firearm and learning to shoot
Fishing
Paintball
learning the harmonica [blues harp!]
Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #26
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rebuild an old car!
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #27
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Learn to cook
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
Rebuild an old car!

I'm buying a new high performance vehicle within the next 12 months, so that's pretty much checked off already. Many mods will be done as well, so I can't wait.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #29
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Learn to cook

I started to a few years back, but I can't stand electric stove-tops and that's what my mother has. Complete and utter garbage. flame>electric
Old 09-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #30
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Photography.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: