Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #16
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default Re: How to recover from bad games

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Yeah, I know I can do alot of things but usually other people can do them better, so I play off the ball and take what the D gives me. I'm not a good enough ball handler to bring the ball up, so I let the varsity PG do that. I'm not a good enough shooter to gun it every time, so I don't shoot too much. For the most part, I'm basically and off-ball point guard.

I'm working on creation skills because normally what happens is the guy bringing the ball up is a better scorer and I'm a more willing passer so I'm the PG who doesn't bring the ball up.

I'm a good defender though, if it weren't for my size I'd be much better. I'm not heavy enough so it's a liability in the post but I'm good at making reads and not biting on fakes/gambling on steals.

thats basically what I am too a off ball PG. I am trying to just learn how to score off the ball. Mostly I really do damage when I have the ball in my hands but I have to learn to play alongside a good PG
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #17
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
thats basically what I am too a off ball PG. I am trying to just learn how to score off the ball. Mostly I really do damage when I have the ball in my hands but I have to learn to play alongside a good PG

Same - but this shows we're pretty versatile I'd say. I mean it provides better options for a team if a player can play both the 1 and the 2, so in the end you get more time because of the amount of positions you can play.

I think that's something I do well: I can run the point well, but I can also play off the ball well. So there's never an issue if another player wants to bring it up or if I need to facilitate. I do need to work on creation though, for the most part, I either give the ball to the best scorer or I drive then kick out. I can't seem to make plays where my teammate is close to the basket (bad movement?), almost all my assists are open jump shots.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #18
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Same - but this shows we're pretty versatile I'd say. I mean it provides better options for a team if a player can play both the 1 and the 2, so in the end you get more time because of the amount of positions you can play.

I think that's something I do well: I can run the point well, but I can also play off the ball well. So there's never an issue if another player wants to bring it up or if I need to facilitate. I do need to work on creation though, for the most part, I either give the ball to the best scorer or I drive then kick out. I can't seem to make plays where my teammate is close to the basket (bad movement?), almost all my assists are open jump shots.

It definitely helps to have people cutting at the right time. Just yesterday this small guy drove to the basket from the top of the key and my friend cut baseline to the basket and got behind his man... easy dish for a reverse layup. When you have people like that on your team who cut at the right time (I'm willing to bet his guy was ball watching so it was easy to cut right behind him), you can really rack up the assists.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #19
stridge
Decent playground baller

stridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected poster

I need to play or have a good session after a bad game to recover. IT can be a shootaround, one on one or pick up ball but I always try to get back on the court as soon as I can to feel better.
stridge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: