Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,105
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

I don't care if the Packers are truly the best team in the NFL right now, Rodgers hasn't put up the numbers or had the type of games that warrant him MVP status right now.

Through two games he has a solid 94.0 QB rating, 443 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT. Hardly eye popping/MVP caliber numbers. I mean that's good numbers for one game from an MVP candidate but he's done that in two games. I'm sure he'll get things rolling pretty soon and enter the MVP discussion sooner rather than later, but right now he doesn't belong anywhere near the MVP talk.

I can't really see any way you can have him in the MVP discussion right now. Of course, you can't really have any sort of serious MVP discussion three weeks into the season.

Last edited by KG215 : 09-27-2010 at 04:12 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I don't care if the Packers are truly the best team in the NFL right now, Rodgers hasn't put up the numbers or had the type of games that warrant him MVP status right now.

Through two games he has a solid 94.0 QB rating, 443 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT. Hardly eye popping/MVP caliber numbers. I mean that's good numbers for one game from an MVP candidate but he's done that in two games. I'm sure he'll get things rolling pretty soon and enter the MVP discussion sooner rather than later, but right now he doesn't belong anywhere near the MVP talk.

I can't really see any way you can have him in the MVP discussion right now. Of course, you can't really have any sort of serious MVP discussion three weeks into the season.
I agree with you...

I'm just pointing out the truth that it goes to the best player on the best team...and NOT the player who is "the best"...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,626
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

It's pretty meaningless at this point.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

First post is updated.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #20
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,742
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
First post is updated.

You sure? Peppers needs to be higher on DPOY rankings.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

I don't think he's been more productive (though he has been just as dominant, but voters don't care about how many penalties you create) than either of the three ahead of him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #22
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,105
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

They made a comment today (can't remember if was ESPN or Fox) about it doesn't matter who's injured, as long as Peyton is healthy, the Colt will always have a chance to win their game. Indy was down a couple of WR's, defense was pretty pitiful against the run (no real surprise) and still lost by 3 on a 59 yard FG as time expired. All because Peyton Manning, is hands down, more valuable to hsi team than any other player. No exceptions.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

I'm not going to argue that.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,395
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
They made a comment today (can't remember if was ESPN or Fox) about it doesn't matter who's injured, as long as Peyton is healthy, the Colt will always have a chance to win their game. Indy was down a couple of WR's, defense was pretty pitiful against the run (no real surprise) and still lost by 3 on a 59 yard FG as time expired. All because Peyton Manning, is hands down, more valuable to hsi team than any other player. No exceptions.

When it comes to regular season, Peyton is the GOAT. No question.
For the big game, I would still take Joe Montana.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Updated.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,778
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

No way Rivers wins MVP with the path the Chargers are headed down, regardless of his monster numbers. If the Cowboys weren't 1-3 I think Miles would get some consideration. He's on pace for 120 catches and 1600 yds. Pulling in 118.5 yds/game.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #27
jazz873
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Homerism aside, my vote for DPOY would go to Matthews so far. It is crazy how much of an impact he has had on this defense so far this year. If anybody watched the Redskins game yesterday you would of noticed it. He had this defense full of second stringers looking like a bunch of pro bowlers. Once he got injured in second half that is when the defense got exposed.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #28
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
No way Rivers wins MVP with the path the Chargers are headed down, regardless of his monster numbers. If the Cowboys weren't 1-3 I think Miles would get some consideration. He's on pace for 120 catches and 1600 yds. Pulling in 118.5 yds/game.

Brandon Lloyd is on pace for 1900 yards or something like that. He gets the honorable mention over Miles.

Rivers isn't winning MVP on my list, Manning is, however the Chargers are only 1 1/2 games out of first place, so his teams record doesn't factor in heavily, especially when all the other contenders aren't on a super winning team. He is the heart and sole of that team and the only reason they're even close to winning games is because of him. Factor in he doesn't have tremendous weapons and it's that more impressive.

Clay is playing great, his sack numebrs are there....but Peppers is playing at that level and probably higher. Any Bears fan will tell you that or anyone who has watched them play so far.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #29
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Peppers?

he has been good and all but not even half of Clay this year so far...

AND that Bears D is STACKED...they would be fine without Peppers...

Harris, Urlacher, Briggs, ect...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #30
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: MVP and Defensive POY Power Rankings

Ware has 6 sacks and already had a BYE btw...don't be shocked if he passes Clay up in the sack race
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy