Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #31
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
these people were portrayed in a light that does not at all represent them.

LMAO

Have you ever seen the Ali G show??? Misrepresentation is in abundance. To pick and choose where to get upset is ridiculous. You either feel sorry for them all, or none at all IMO.

You don't think he's making a boat load of cash off DVD sales too? All those people he's duped in the past and made look like idiots, don't see you complaining for them... But this town, which in the film is a whole other town/nation (ie not their own), with people who were getting paid to be in this "documentary", are all victims. How much face time did these citizens even have, 5-10 minutes at the most?

To think the people in that town were "humiliated" is a joke. I can understand maybe the frat dudes feeling humiliated, but everything that went on in that "Kazakh town" was pure nonsense, and I feel very sorry for the few people who don't realize that... Town rapist, inbreeding, running of the Jew, etc. Come on!

Quote:
if I don't detect it, believe me, most other people aren't.
Okay Mr. 16 year old know it all. You are the master of all things satire huh? If it goes over your head, it MUST go over everybody elses head. :rollingeyes:

Quote:
ask them their opinion after and I PROMISE you, it would be overwhelmingly negative

Riiiiight. And you have evidence to support that? This movie probably helped Kazakhstan more than it hurt it. People will think, "oh that's the country that that comedian pretends to be from, never heard of it before, but I have now, I wonder what it's really like, etc". Sparks their curiousity. Even some Kazakh group a week or so ago agreed.

Quote:
people actually DO think this is what Kazakhstan is like.
No, actually they don't. I have yet to talk to a person who thinks that's actually Kazakhstan, or that Cohen represents Kazakhstan accurately. I think, the fool is the person who actually thinks people are believing what they see on screen. Making something out of nothing. Pretending we are all idiots buying into Cohen's shtick. Speak for yourself son. You grossly underestimate people's intelligence and overall awareness.

Quote:
look. me personally? I don't care less. I wouldn't care less. but these people do.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. I find it funny you stick up for these people, but not all of the other Ali G/Borat/Bruno victims. Had the people of this town not cared, would YOU care? That's what I want to know. Honestly, if they had no problems, would you still have a problem? Judging from the above quote, you wouldn't. Just playing devil's advocate it seems.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #32
jbot
Future D1 Dad

[quote=geeWiz15]I can't believe you people.

this dude made an armless cripple wear a dildo as a replacement[quote]

okay, it's not funny to poke fun at crippled people but i think you're going a bit psycho on this.

wait a minute...i've figured u out...you're either a Kazakhstanian or you've got a dildo for an arm. which is it?:confused:
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #33
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
did you read the article? this isn't even about Kazakhstan. that was minor. guy actually found the most backward town he could come up with, that wasn't even in Kazakhstan, and expolited it. not "exploited" like he did in his America part. he actually promised them things and lied to them about why he was there, then made them look horrible in front of an audience of millions and millions of people worldwide. and paid them table scraps for their dignity.

So what? People have been getting screwed over for millions of years now. That's how business is, that's how the world has been. And you're talking like you knew those people in Kazakhstan and know exactly what went on behind the scenes. If you do, please post links or anything backing up those statements you made.

Seriously, people are not retarded and think that this is how Kazak people are. Everyone that I talked too that have seen it knows that Borat is a fictional reporter and all this is just for sh!ts and giggles. And most of them, it was their first time seeing the Borat character.

Actually, the way you are offended, makes it seem like you were one of the idiots that got owned in the movie. Which one were you? The frat boys who liked to have slaves and beat their wives? Or were you the racist old cowboy who doesn't like muslims??

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 11-26-2006 at 01:54 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #34
sunsfan1357
Word.

Cohen might be the most hated man in the world right now, he was even banned from the White House after not inviting President Bush to a screening of the movie. Maybe Bush is going to sue him too just like everyone else deems necessary to do right now.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #35
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

While Kazakstan didn't have been ragged on like that, its still really funny. The funniest thing is he interviews all of these people as an idiot, and he makes them look absolutely retarded. That's the point, the Kazaki people just seem to be an innocent bistandard.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: