Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #31
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Because he isn't close to that caliber ... thats why.
People said that about Kevin Durant before this season. In fact, people that predicted that the Thunder would be a playoff team this year were ridiculed during the off-season.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #32
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlazersDozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,405
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
the only intelligent post thus far

25.4 ppg 4.1 rpg 8.2 apg 46.4% 31.5% 3ptFGs 85% FTs, Bulls 53-29, 4th in EC

maybe not MVP this season but if he continues to improve what pathetic old children can type on a keyboard in they mama home to say they cannot?

I see something more like 18/4/7.5/1
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,754
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidrage
I don't think Rose can be because he's an overrated shoot first PG that people make excuses for on a regular basis.

But there's nothing wrong with what he said. Everyone should think "why not" and work towards their goals.
No one needs to make any excuses for Derrick Rose. Being the rookie of the year and second year all-star says he's doing just fine so far.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #34
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010
 
LosBulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5 Mins from United Center
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
Because your team won't have enough wins to top out the Heat/Orlando/lakers/Celtics/Thunder

Lol @ Thunder having more wins than Bulls this year.

**** you.
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #35
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,060
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Even Rose is overrating himself. But for real, I hope he does become one of the best.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
step_back
College superstar
 
step_back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,653
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

The same was said about Nash just before he got his first well deserved MVP.

Rose has a good chance at being an MVP just like any other rising star has.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #37
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)
 
O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,132
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
the only intelligent post thus far

25.4 ppg 4.1 rpg 8.2 apg 46.4% 31.5% 3ptFGs 85% FTs, Bulls 53-29, 4th in EC

maybe not MVP this season but if he continues to improve what pathetic old children can type on a keyboard in they mama home to say they cannot?

fans are so delusional it is simply unreal. It is a good thing they have to actual perform, just because you say it doesn't mean it will happen.

I don't know what is more ludacris Rose averaging 25+ ppg while dishing 8 assists or Rose shooting over 30 % 3pt or Rose shooting 85% FT this entire year. It is like damned if you damned if you don't or Bulls win 53 games.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #38
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,754
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
Lol @ Thunder having more wins than Bulls this year.

**** you.
I'm a Bulls fan, and I believe the Thunder will end up with more wins. Don't underestimate chemistry and they have one of the top 5 players in the league.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #39
CJ Mustard
Local High School Star
 
CJ Mustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
Lol @ Thunder having more wins than Bulls this year.

**** you.
CJ Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #40
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
fans are so delusional it is simply unreal.

The irony, it burns!
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #41
VishaltotheG
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,460
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Hmmm, which one doesn't belong?

Celtics, though they will be good after the regular season
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #42
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,196
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

that would be pretty sweet.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #43
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater
 
puppychili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 636
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Rose ain't winning MVP this year but I do admire his confidence
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #44
liquidrage
Banned
 
liquidrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
Lol @ Thunder having more wins than Bulls this year.

**** you.

So your team won 41 games in a weak East that has improved, and really all you added was Boozer who is no help to winning games and hated by every team he played for with good reason, and now you're a 50+ win team?

Thunder are easily a better team then the Bulls and the West is getting easier not harder right now.

Only in Chicago can a loser like Boozer turn a crap team into title contenders. I take that back, it happens in NYC too.

Good luck making up those 9 games. I really love that Watson Gibson Korver Johnson depth you have there Talk about a crap bench. It's not like your starting 5 is amazing or anything to make up for it.
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:15 AM   #45
Xover
High School JV MVP
 
Xover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 660
Default Re: Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Rose knows his not worthy of an MVP yet its because the people are throwing the idea up in the air and so hes just questioning it, this was discussed in an interview where fans shouted that he be an mvp canidate but hes like "nuh dont listen to them" lol he's just creating buzz, which in turn is good for us fans =]
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy