Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
WTC was not hit by a plane, and many of the other buildings took way more damage than 7 did.

Also firemen were pulled out of there early, and they were busy doing other things like helping out on WTC 1 & 2 collapse.


Like i said, you are a dumbass. WTC7 was hit by the collapse of the other building genius. How do you think the fire started in the first place?

The firemen were pulled out because they were ordered to come out due to fear of collapse. A hole was torn out of WTC7 when the other building collapsed into it. This has been covered a million times on here.

The other WTC buildings that took major damage ended up being demolished because they were beyond repair.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Like i said, you are a dumbass. WTC7 was hit by the collapse of the other building genius. How do you think the fire started in the first place?

The firemen were pulled out because they were ordered to come out due to fear of collapse. A hole was torn out of WTC7 when the other building collapsed into it. This has been covered a million times on here.

The other WTC buildings that took major damage ended up being demolished because they were beyond repair.

Yea, and none of them collapsed despite taking considerably more damage. 7 is the only one to collapse.



Here you can see how much more damage the other ones took, and still remained standing. It is also notable that WTC stood directly next to 2 other buildings (post office and Verizon building), and neither of them received considerable damage nor did they burn down.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Also, did you know that the BBC reported the collapse of WTC 7 20 minutes before it actually did?

Last edited by Sarcastic : 09-29-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,204
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Honestly, if you can't see that WTC7 was a controlled demolition, you just are in complete denial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNK1V6S2cbo
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #20
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Here is the video of the BBC reporting on WTC 7 collapsing 20 minutes before it actually did. You can actually see the building still standing in the background when the reporter is talking about it going down.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8404862296083#
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
bagelred
Stare
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 28,204
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Here is the video of the BBC reporting on WTC 7 collapsing 20 minutes before it actually did. You can actually see the building still standing in the background when the reporter is talking about it going down.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8404862296083#

Beat you to it. Heh.

It's as simple as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm1u6qZyQ4w
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #22
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Yea, and none of them collapsed despite taking considerably more damage. 7 is the only one to collapse.



Here you can see how much more damage the other ones took, and still remained standing. It is also notable that WTC stood directly next to 2 other buildings (post office and Verizon building), and neither of them received considerable damage nor did they burn down.


WTC5 was a 9 story building. WTC7 was a 47 story building. Do you not realize the difference?

Since you are an idiot allow me to explain. It takes far more steel/concrete/etc to make a 47 story building than a 9 story building. Therefore the base of the 47 story building is supporting far more weight than the base of the 9 story building and is more likely to collapse if the base gets damaged.

I realize i am probably wasting my time though. I am sure you don't have enough sense to see the difference between a 9 story building and a 47 story building.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #23
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
WTC5 was a 9 story building. WTC7 was a 47 story building. Do you not realize the difference?

Since you are an idiot allow me to explain. It takes far more steel/concrete/etc to make a 47 story building than a 9 story building. Therefore the base of the 47 story building is supporting far more weight than the base of the 9 story building and is more likely to collapse if the base gets damaged.

I realize i am probably wasting my time though. I am sure you don't have enough sense to see the difference between a 9 story building and a 47 story building.

Nothing I have posted is opinion. Only facts.

I am sorry that you find facts to be so inconvenient.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Honestly, if you can't see that WTC7 was a controlled demolition, you just are in complete denial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNK1V6S2cbo

I guess the firemen on the ground are in complete denial then, since they predicted the building would collapse long before it actually did.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #25
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Nothing I have posted is opinion. Only facts.

I am sorry that you find facts to be so inconvenient.

Sure it is a fact that the WTC7 was brought down ONLY by fire and the hole in the building from the where the other building fell into it didn't exist. Sure

I knew you were too stupid to grasp the difference between a 47 story building and a 9 story building. Thanks for proving my point.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #26
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Sure it is a fact that the WTC7 was brought down ONLY by fire and the hole in the building from the where the other building fell into it didn't exist. Sure

I knew you were too stupid to grasp the difference between a 47 story building and a 9 story building. Thanks for proving my point.

The damage was very minor. There were other taller buildings in the surrounding areas that took more damage and did not collapse.

WTC 7's collapse is significant because if it is true that small fires can cause a building to collapse, then the island of Manhattan has huge structural integrity issues. I actually live in a 40 story building here in Manhattan that has had 3 small fires just this year.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
The damage was very minor. There were other taller buildings in the surrounding areas that took more damage and did not collapse.

WTC 7's collapse is significant because if it is true that small fires can cause a building to collapse, then the island of Manhattan has huge structural integrity issues. I actually live in a 40 story building here in Manhattan that has had 3 small fires just this year.


Were you there at the time? The firemen were and they said there was a hole 20 stories high in WTC7. I think they know better than you. And there was nothing small about the fires in the building.


I love how you conspiracy nuts just make up nonsense and claim it is a fact.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #28
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,713
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

I see, WTC 7 was brought down (not WFC 1,2,3, not WTC 3,4,5,6 but WTC 7) because of what? Or do your convuluted conspiracy theories not contain motives? Because people usually need reasons to do things....

WTC 7 was a complete and total afterthought to everyone, how it is being presented as a smoking gun is beyond me...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #29
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,552
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
"They told us to get out of there because they were worried about 7 World Trade Center, which is right behind it, coming down. We were up on the upper floors of the Verizon building looking at it. You could just see the whole bottom corner of the building was gone. We could look right out over to where the Trade Centers were because we were that high up. Looking over the smaller buildings. I just remember it was tremendous, tremendous fires going on. Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about.

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm


Funny how eyewitness accounts don't seem to back up your "facts".
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #30
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,694
Default Re: Building 7 (WTC) Collapse (different angle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Were you there at the time? The firemen were and they said there was a hole 20 stories high in WTC7. I think they know better than you. And there was nothing small about the fires in the building.

And please post pictures of the taller buildings in the area that took more damage and didn't collapse.

I love how you conspiracy nuts just make up nonsense and claim it is a fact.

The damage was described as superficial. It certainly was not enough to cause a collapse. In the reports, the cause of collapse has only been due to fire.

Go look at how much damage the BMCC building took. Go look at the hotel (I think Marriott) and see how much damage it took.

WTC 7 was directly in the middle of the post office and Verizon building. Both of them received about the same amount of debris damage as 7, and had fires too. Neither of them collapsed.
Sarcastic is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy