Re: Ea Mma
Tried it. Didn't like it.
- It looks great. Don't expect anything less from EA.
- Striking is now motions with the R-stick while things like takedowns, ground transitions and clinches is using buttons? That's stupid. Why make something simple (relatively speaking) like striking so complicated and the other stuff available through just pressing one button? I MUCH prefer the UFC Undisputed control scheme.
- For some reason I was able to do the most damage while my opponent was mounted on me. I was Mayhem and opened up a big cut on Shields with strikes while he had me mounted with almost no resistance. WTF.
- The ground game seems like it will be a button mash. UFC has some issues here too but at least it requires a better sense of timing and skill IMO.
- Striking is way too awkward and sometimes unresponsive. This is the basic part of such a game and I really don't like how it's done.
Last edited by Qwyjibo : 10-01-2010 at 01:24 AM.