Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default All Star Tryout Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am attending this camp for the top hundred players in the area. Out of those top hundred 40 will be selected for the all star game. Out of that 40 10 will be selected to play another area in an all star game. So I just want to go out and play my best in hopes I get picked up for the all star game. Is there any way I can stand out and separate from the rest?
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All Star Tryout Tomorrow

Yea be better than at least 60 of the other guys
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

unless you already have a reputation about yourself then i would say you really need to stand out

try to focus on 1 aspect of the game that you excel at and just go full steam ahead on that
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

yeah man you have to have a reputation. You got to go to random parks/the gym and school some people. There's this guy at a park who has a signature move where he shoots a 3 that bounces on the backboard and then he catches it and slam dunks(it's really awesome since 90% of the time, the other team turns around and if they're close enough, he'll dunk over them".

You could also try being a monster(aggresive) :)
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #5
MannyO
Super Cool E

Day 1 was today and tomorrow is Day 2 the last day were they make the top 40. Today I got off to a slow start and didn't really get into a rhythm. We came a little late so by the time I came we just jumped into high intensity drills and I wasn't ready the ball even felt awkward. But tomorrow is were they will decide the top 40 and I really need to pull it together. The team I was on had ball hogs that rarely passed the ball so I really didnt score much. Any good tips on how to really stand out? I play the SG position by the way.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Day 1 was today and tomorrow is Day 2 the last day were they make the top 40. Today I got off to a slow start and didn't really get into a rhythm. We came a little late so by the time I came we just jumped into high intensity drills and I wasn't ready the ball even felt awkward. But tomorrow is were they will decide the top 40 and I really need to pull it together. The team I was on had ball hogs that rarely passed the ball so I really didnt score much. Any good tips on how to really stand out? I play the SG position by the way.
Actually call for the ball out loud. If your open then ballhogs wont have any excuses to not pass.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just had the All-Net(All-Star) tryouts for NJB. I was pretty good during the 3v3's but we had to run so much i was half gassed by the time we got to scrimmage and i had a guard a pitbull that would score unless i kept him out of the paint. I guess to I was to tired from defense so I didn't contribute much to the offense except for a couple of ball screens and nice passes.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I just had the All-Net(All-Star) tryouts for NJB. I was pretty good during the 3v3's but we had to run so much i was half gassed by the time we got to scrimmage and i had a guard a pitbull that would score unless i kept him out of the paint. I guess to I was to tired from defense so I didn't contribute much to the offense except for a couple of ball screens and nice passes.

lol dam. The top hundred finished today and out of the top hundred 40 will be selected. I dont think I made the top 40 even tho I did well because of the ball hogs. They rarely passed the ball when I did I hit some good shots.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #9
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
lol dam. The top hundred finished today and out of the top hundred 40 will be selected. I dont think I made the top 40 even tho I did well because of the ball hogs. They rarely passed the ball when I did I hit some good shots.

Tip: If you get the ball your last resort should be a pass... and if it is a pass then it should be flashy

If you get a steal, rebound, loose ball, dont give it up to the point guard or anyone else for that matter, if you get the ball, keep it

Unfortunate but thats just how you gotta play at these types of things
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadefan11
Tip: If you get the ball your last resort should be a pass... and if it is a pass then it should be flashy

If you get a steal, rebound, loose ball, dont give it up to the point guard or anyone else for that matter, if you get the ball, keep it

Unfortunate but thats just how you gotta play at these types of things

I can't play like that... if I decided I'd dominate the ball, every time I didn't score I'd probably start freaking out.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
I can't play like that... if I decided I'd dominate the ball, every time I didn't score I'd probably start freaking out.

Haha yea... but you got to look out for you in the all star games. People want to see if you can score or be a playmaker.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #12
dwadefan11
God is love Rev Run

dwadefan11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis

Yeah but you just get the mindset of who cares... cause if you pass the ball someone else is jacking shots so why not you... no ones passing you the ball in an all-star game
dwadefan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
KareemCambell
Banned

KareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected poster

good luck
KareemCambell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: