Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #16
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone else getting the new Medal of Honor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiandorlando
when did COD get such a rep?
I have no idea, that game has never been original.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:37 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
you really believe that? gameplay is completely ripped from cod, its so blatant i don't see how anyone can dispute it. and watch that vid i posted, lol the amount of scripted sequences are ridiculous. a guy goes invincible so he can start a fire, you literally can't shoot him until he is finished.
What exactly is "ripped"? They're both shooters, so exactly how different can they realistically be at their core? Besides the "fire starter" sequence what other ridiculous scripted sequences do you know of?

I really don't understand why so many CoD players feel so threatened by another "modern" military shooter coming out. It's like Madden vs NFL 2K all over again.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

just sayin…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
What exactly is "ripped"? They're both shooters, so exactly how different can they realistically be at their core? Besides the "fire starter" sequence what other ridiculous scripted sequences do you know of?

I really don't understand why so many CoD players feel so threatened by another "modern" military shooter coming out. It's like Madden vs NFL 2K all over again.

what are you talking about? here is what you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The game looks and plays great, provided you understand/accept that they are going for realism and not "video game cool".

they are very very much going for video game cool. yeah they are keeping the story/setting in reality, but its still be marketed towards those same kids who eat that shit up. if it was a super realistic military sim nobody would play it. this game would not have been made if it weren't for call of duty 4, do you understand that? it was made to try and get some of that modern warfare money. and i don't know what the last part is about, i am not a "CoD player".
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #20
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the game looka nice but blackops will impress. btw graphics looks sex.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #21
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
what are you talking about? here is what you said

they are very very much going for video game cool. yeah they are keeping the story/setting in reality, but its still be marketed towards those same kids who eat that shit up. if it was a super realistic military sim nobody would play it. this game would not have been made if it weren't for call of duty 4, do you understand that? it was made to try and get some of that modern warfare money. and i don't know what the last part is about, i am not a "CoD player".

I can see an where you're coming from on this. Don't you play AA? Medal of Honor won't touch that as far as realism. Until someone plays a game like AA, they're going to have a much different perspective of realism in video games.

The point he made about CoD players isn't too far off base from what I've seen either. Franchise titles have taken on a player territorial mentality akin to the console brand loyalty.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: