Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Concussions this year

Is it just me or are concussions at an all-time high this year for only 4 weeks? Just from the Eagles we've had...Kevin Kolb, Asante Samuel, Stewart Bradley, and Riley Cooper. Jay Cutler had one last night. Jason Witten had a slight one but returned the same week. Matt Moore and Kevin Boss both had concussions in week 1. Craig Dahl of the Rams got one tackling McFadden. Hunter Hillenmeyer from the Bears received one in the preseason, was cleared for game 1, and then left game one because of lingering effects and is shut down for the season.

I don't know if they're just more reported this year or if there's actually more...but damn. It seems like we're getting at least 2 a week.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Concussions this year

Probably just that it's being reported and diagnosed more often due to the League finally getting sensitized to the issue. Hopefully they can do something to improve the headgear in the near future, because this is a scary thing here.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jordan Shipley took a brutal shot yesterday vs. the Browns.

Thank goodness he was able to walk away from that. I thought for sure they would need a stretcher
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Jordan Shipley took a brutal shot yesterday vs. the Browns.

Thank goodness he was able to walk away from that. I thought for sure they would need a stretcher
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=191483&page=9

there's our reactions
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

They're definitely being reported more. I'm positive concussion rates are no different than say 10-15 years ago. They are being handled with more caution. If Witten's incident happened a decade ago, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal and he certainly would have been back on the field.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

Yeah that is a lot. Crazy..
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Probably just that it's being reported and diagnosed more often due to the League finally getting sensitized to the issue. Hopefully they can do something to improve the headgear in the near future, because this is a scary thing here.

this. its been a big topic of discussion lately. i still remember watching steve young and troy aikman getting one damn near every week.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #8
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

I gotta agree. Concussions seem to be on the rise.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
steve

steve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputationsteve has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
They're definitely being reported more. I'm positive concussion rates are no different than say 10-15 years ago. They are being handled with more caution. If Witten's incident happened a decade ago, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal and he certainly would have been back on the field.
The one that really got under my skin was when the Eagles sent Stuart Bradley back on to the field after he was clearly stumbling around trying to get his center back. I've had a number of mild concussions myself and if you're honest or understand some the effects, you feel it for awhile after the fact. I couldn't imagine going back into a situation where getting hit in the head is an inevitability. It's getting reported more now, which is a step in the right direction, but I think they have a way to go before they're treated properly.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

DeSean is the 5th concussion for us this year. Someone check our helmets.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Josh Cribbs took a helmet to helmet hit today from James Harrison that resulted in a concussion.

In my opinion, a dirty hit, and he had some classless comments about it afterwards.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Josh Cribbs took a helmet to helmet hit today from James Harrison that resulted in a concussion.

In my opinion, a dirty hit, and he had some classless comments about it afterwards.

Yeah that one was bad but the other one he had that injured a Brown wasn't dirty. The comentators kept going on about that one but didn't say a word about the Cribbs one.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #13
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know if it's me but I see alot of players not putting on their helmet the correct way. I see for some players that the chinstrap is barely on or is loose. I see QB's have the ghetto chinstraps and it's barely on. Your helmet should be tight to the point where you it kinda hurts, or that's how I did it when I played.. When a 260 pound linebacker comes at you it's better to have a tight ass helmet.

BTW, did anyone see Urlacher's helmet today? It's skin tight on him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

add Chris Cooley to the list
Old 10-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah that one was bad but the other one he had that injured a Brown wasn't dirty. The comentators kept going on about that one but didn't say a word about the Cribbs one.

The fact that the hit on Massaquoi came shortly after the helmet-to-helmet on Josh Cribbs made it much, much worse. Harrison clearly could have held back on hitting Massaquoi. He even admitted after the game that he didn't put everything he had into it, so obviously he could have held back completely.

The hit on Cribbs looked to me like he was trying to injure him and the way that he and Steelers' team gloated about it after confirmed my suspicions.

I'm all for tough, hard-nosed football players, but if TJ Ward was fined $15,000 for hitting a guy with his shoulder on a pass in the endzone, Harrison deserves an equal (or larger) fine for what he did today.

I mean... Is helmet-to-helmet contact illegal or is it legal? If the league agrees that it is illegal, how in the world was there no penalty on the Cribbs hit? He was leading with the crown of his helmet.

With the way Harrison was playing and the talking he did after the game, it might be an idea to try to set him up on a crack-back the next time we play the Steelers. It would be fun to see him lying on the field, trying to clear away the cobwebs. Of course, since we are the Browns, I'm sure that a penalty, suspension and fine would be soon to follow... Legal or not.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: