Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Pistons To Be Sold To Illitch

Just like the title says. I guess we all knew he was a front runner for buying them. Davidson did say the Pistons were supposed to be sold before the season. I like it. I think he'll want to keep the winning ways in Detroit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ap-pistonssale

Quote:
DETROIT (AP)—The Detroit Pistons have decided to sell the team to Tigers and Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch, a person involved with the process said Tuesday.

The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because of a confidentiality agreement, said both sides were negotiating financial terms.

If the sale goes through, Ilitch would control of three of the city’s four major professional sports teams.

Ilitch, the Little Caesars pizza mogul, said in August he wanted to buy the Pistons in part to make sure another buyer doesn’t move the NBA club out of town. Forbes last year valued the team at $479 million.

Pistons owner Karen Davidson has said she was considering a sale of the team by itself or as part of a package with Palace Sports and Entertainment, which includes The Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theatre and Meadow Brook Music Festival.

Her husband, Bill Davidson, died last year. The late owner was in charge when the Pistons won NBA titles in 1989, 1990 and 2004. Karen Davidson has said she expected the deal to be done by this month’s season-opening game.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Default Re: Pistons To Be Sold To Illitch

I was kind of hoping for Gores, but you can't dislike Illitch gettin' em. I hope he puts the Wings in the Palace instead of the 'stons downtown.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

Ilitch wouldn't make a great owner for the Pistons, his stint with the Tigers is evidence enough.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

I think the Tigers have been pretty solid the past few years. If it wasn't for a few key injuries this season, who knows what might have happened. The Tigers have also been rumored to be interested in some top FA's this offseason. If they get one of those guys it would show me they are committed to winning. I would never expect them to have a payroll like the Yankees but they are a big enough market they can put a very good team that can compete out on the field.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
Ilitch wouldn't make a great owner for the Pistons, his stint with the Tigers is evidence enough.

We were awful for a while, but we've been at least competitive lately. A game away from the division twice and a WS appearance. Once he decided to finally spend money, they have been much better. They have to make the playoffs next year though. Go get us Crawford or Dunn please and go with the young kids elsewhere. Lee would be SICK between Scherzer and JV fwiw.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: